Let's hope this ibrox "source" is shite

OzGers

I'm willing to bet that we won't spend a penny in this window. Not in a transfer fee anyway. We'll be looking at free agents and going around clubs looking for players on loan and the difference between getting 1 player or 3 in will be how well we can convince the parent clubs of these players to stump up the majority of their wages for us in exchange for us giving them some first team football.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

We've literally skimped & scraped by for years it's a ridneck. The club is fucking rooked, we can't afford quality anymore and this is why we'll fall further behind. Until someone comes in and hands in mega millions then were goosed. Fucking loan signings & bosmans. Then spunking 2mil on Garner when Dembele signed for them on a fraction of that, while playing in the same league as Warburton managed in last season, how the fuck did he not know about him?

Dembele? The only reason he came to Scotland this season was for CL football and huge wages, neither of which we could supply. 

We better buckle up for a bumpy ride because this is us for a while yet unless major investment from elsewhere is brought in. 

2 hours ago, gersandy said:

Why is this a surprise to people? Financially were on our arses. Pratted, brassic, skint.

The cunts that have run our club in the past few years have done nothing to address this issue.

RFC principals are loaning money to increase the value of their asset on the basis that the loan is repaid.

They're getting paid twice for one loan - when the time comes, maybe 3 or 4 or 5 or 10 times their investment. 

Bunch of cunts we've got here.

2 hours ago, gersandy said:

Why is this a surprise to people? Financially were on our arses. Pratted, brassic, skint.

The cunts that have run our club in the past few years have done nothing to address this issue.

Not sure if we are skint as we do have 45,000 St but they are definitely CUNTS running our club 

12 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Not sure if we are skint as we do have 45,000 St but they are definitely CUNTS running our club 

id say the fact that 45k ST holders stumped up a higher ST cost, and then we borrowed money off the board members in october, is a damning example of something seriously wrong at the club

But as its not Ashley or any of his cronies, the loudmouths from the previous years suddenly go quiet, move along now, sothing to see here, when in reality there is a fucking monumental car crash to look at that is us

I don't find it surprising that there may be limited numbers coming in. The numbers we signed up in summer to get almost nothing from, has cost us our budget. Wages and Bartons pay off. It would be foolish to gamble with more money now, in a shite window. What we have should be good enough to step up to the plate for a second place. Wont be easy.

3 hours ago, gersandy said:

We could a couple of players on the fucking salaries we are paying out for Directors who are doing fuck all. That gravy train just never stops.

Anyway on the subject of finances...

To keep it short, i dont see how in the current setup we get anywhere close to them particularly if they find a couple of decent transfer fees.

Dont really think there is much of a solution until we build up our cashflow again. It will take a big investment with no return and dont see anybody stupid enough to do it.

If we can get Jota, Toral, Nicholson and a defensive midfielder then it'll be a very good window and will definitely improve us. In a perfect world a centre back as well but doubt anything will be happening on that front until the summer and Senderos leaves. ??

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

Is that a bad thing?

I'm literally undecided, mate.

That's right out of character for me.

Literally every few hours my mindset goes from "get him to fuck, imposter" to "he's not been backed properly - needs a better standard of player" to "it will defo never come good under him"

Right now .. no it wouldn't be a bad thing but ask me again in a few hours and I might say "I'd like to see his Rangers team with serious investment" 

Shambles. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I'm literally undecided, mate.

That's right out of character for me.

Literally every few hours my mindset goes from "get him to fuck, imposter" to "he's not been backed properly - needs a better standard of player" to "it will defo never come good under him"

Right now .. no it wouldn't be a bad thing but ask me again in a few hours and I might say "I'd like to see his Rangers team with serious investment" 

Shambles. 

Im pretty much the same, find it astonishing he wont change the shape to suit the game. Love the way the team plays sometimes, first 20 mins in OF game.

We need investment, we also need to have a sustainable model. We cant do that with current income. I dont see a way out ATM.

In theory we need to replace Barton Nico Garner and Rossiter, just to get back to where we were at the start of the season.

In practice our worst defeat came with most of our big name signings on the pitch. So perhaps they're not all a big loss.

However we're still in a situation where we need to bring in quality but can't really afford it.

So do we add a few more average players, go with what we've got or scrimp and scrape every penny we can find and go for 1 decent player?

I'd go with the later but whare's the priority? Striker Midfield Defender?

Also what happens if we do make a good signing and he gets crocked. So difficult one. Spread the funds and dilute the quality or put all eggs in one basket.

We have zero cash. We will take at least 5 years to get back onto a level near them financially and that is with a good wind and some luck.

We have to get into Europe and attract decent players who cost little and have a huge sell on (sound familiar).

In the short term I'd expect the likes of Barrie to be sold to fund the shortfall we have thanks to the likes of the SD deal. I would have included Martyn in that but his injury and form have put paid to that.

If I was a betting man I'd suggest the filth getting 10iar is pretty much a cert as painful as that is. Something dramatic needs to happen. Mr King needs to find a spare pot of Krugerands in the kopjies or MW has to be replaced with the greatest manager ever, or our scouting system has to improve dramatically. Or all of the above. 

My only hope for the immediate future is that sometimes there is an event (or events) that comes along that no one envisages and changes the landscape immediately. 

The shortfall in the SD deal makes very little difference to the financial chasm that seprates us from them. It equals about one loan if that much and strangely enough may just be the tipping point that saves us from DCK  as there might just be no more loans on offer and he needs to sell up and moves on, as the stalking horses await.

18 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The shortfall in the SD deal makes very little difference to the financial chasm that seprates us from the them. It equals about one loan if that much and strangely enough may just be the tipping that saves us from DCK  as there might just be no more loans on offer and he needs to sell up and moves on, as the stalking horses await.

agree. Its the 4 years of champions league money that's made the big difference here. Even if you take a low figure of £5 million a year,that's a £20 million gap before we even start. They have had a consistently high profile in that time as well,so will be able to attract players we at present can't. The vote by the SPL clubs five years ago did more damage to us than it appears at face value

Talks of Gilks and O'Halloran moving on reported this morning, free's up some wages all be it not a great deal probably.

Wonder how much we spent/wasted with the whole Joey Barton saga inc. pay off settlement.

I think considering the number of players that's been brought in since Warburton has taken over he has a red neck hoping for 3 in January. Fair enough there's a couple injuries but it was clear as day since the season began that we've lacked quality.

1 minute ago, Albertz Laces said:

Talks of Gilks and O'Halloran moving on reported this morning, free's up some wages all be it not a great deal probably.

Wonder how much we spent/wasted with the whole Joey Barton saga inc. pay off settlement.

I think considering the number of players that's been brought in since Warburton has taken over he has a red neck hoping for 3 in January. Fair enough there's a couple injuries but it was clear as day since the season began that we've lacked quality.

Yeah we defo shouldn't try to strengthen. That would be mental.

21 minutes ago, Albertz Laces said:

Do you think Warburton had any involvement in the decision to sign Joey Barton ? I always thought it was a Board decision to stimulate season ticked sales while allowing Joey some publicity for his upcoming book and following career in the media.  I told my mates he would be off before his book launch date and funnily enough he was.  Warburton doing his disappearing act around the time of the signing and then coming back to an extended contract and pay rise helped fuel my suspicions that he was being paid to keep his mouth shut.

That makes more sense than Joey being a Warburton target but of course I could be just being paranoid.

53 minutes ago, Albertz Laces said:

Apparently his "settlement" was basically the equivalent of us paying him up until this month at which point get was free to sign elsewhere so if that's true we actually saved money rather than wasted it.

He could have quite easily forced us to pay his contract up in full in exchange for leaving.