We are not the only ones.

Here is a quote from another forum I use.

"To be successful these days you need to be able to do that and having just one style, just one way of playing, especially when you don't have the players to make that work to the level you want it to, is going to be nigh-on impossible."

You'd maybe think the remark was about MW and us. But no it's about Pep and Man City and that his style has been worked out by the other teams in the PL. Doesn't matter he has players costing 40 mill plus as once they know how to play against his system any team is in trouble. They've lost 4 out the last 10'

This is what we are suffering from and it was so noticeable when MW changed system against the sheep that they didn't know how to handle us as they were prepared for our usual system. I'm not saying his system is wrong but he must use alternative tactics to keep winning. Yes we need better players to win the title but more varied tactics will go a long way to help.

He has been using alternative tactics since the Aberdeen game. He changed it for Hearts and ever since he has been playing 3-5-2 for long spells of the games. Until Kiernans idiocy at St J we were coasting it, first 30 mins of the tarriers game was the same. 

Our problems are the quality in the team and the mentality of just about every single player. To an extent, money buys you quality, we don't have it.  

MW problems are he is too loyal to certain players (Halliday, Holt, Tav and to an extent Miller).

His other problem is he hasn't had what I would call a significant financial backing from the board at all. £2.4 million in two years is laughable when the tarriers just spent £3 million on one teenage kid from Russia. Not saying we need barrel loads but close to the "30 million" "over investment" that Mr King talked about so much. 

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

MW problems are he is too loyal to certain players (Halliday, Holt, Tav and to an extent Miller).

I really hate saying negative things about Miller because he has been a great servant through the years but for me now he get's bullied off the ball to easily and has missed some great chances. 

Most if not all Strikers miss chances of course but Miller should be getting dropped to let Dodoo get a good run of games. With Toral I think we could see Holt being dropped hopefully, he puts in a shift but he doesn't really accomplish much. Tav is fucking shocking and a championship player. He did start off good this year too that's the wierd thing but he's just dropped off now. Also surprised you didn't say he's Kiernan loyal :lol:

We don't have players who are good enough, simple as that. 

Our attackers aren't good.  Millers old but our best striker.  Garner can't get a shot on target, Waghorn runs out of ideas on his first turn and Dodoo doesn't get a game (though the limited time he's had he seems to be more clinical). 

Then there's the midfield and defence. 

It's a shite team

I think we were desperately praying someone would buy Waggy or Tav or even Barrie for a small fortune so as to invest in more players. There is still time for that to happen, but it would only be Barrie as far as I can see. He was certainly our best player v Leipzig and the filth too.

I wouldn't actually have a problem selling Barrie for the right price but I don't think we'd get anywhere near the sort of money that would allow a couple of very good young(er) players to come in to take his place and to sell later too.

The filth have this stitched up right now. They are the only ones in this league who can buy guys for £3m with a view to punting them for £10m or so a year or two down the line.

Anyway, back on topic. If MW had better players his plan A would work more, and we'd be able to change styles more easily  (his mistakes notwithstanding). It also goes to show how even very good managers like Pro can get into a rut at times. Sometimes a bit of luck is needed. We all know how close Fergie came to getting the boot after all.

I was going to say on Sunday, just imagine if we were Man City, had just got hammered 4:0, and had a massively expensive squad and one of the top managers in the entire world.

Things are not great, but we are trying to get back from a virtual assassination attempt on the club, paying our way ( without huge TV revenue), and with  a good but inexperienced manager.

We need time.

1 minute ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

I was going to say on Sunday, just imagine if we were Man City, had just got hammered 4:0, and had a massively expensive squad and one of the top managers in the entire world.

Things are not great, but we are trying to get back from a virtual assassination attempt on the club, paying our way ( without huge TV revenue), and with  a good but inexperienced manager.

We need time.

I think we need time too. However lots of people on here will not accept any defeats if they can't see progress. There are of course others who just shout 'the team is pish' with any defeat.

If we mention we have no money there will be people who say we have the 2nd highest wagebill.

If we mention we are second there are those who will say that Aberdeen will leap frog us.

If we say we are trying to buy players who are cheap but with a potential sell-on value (a gamble) they will point out the Demebeles of this world.

I actually think we are in something of a slump but are overall playing only slightly below our potential. The last filth match was a hard one as we did extremely well for the first third or so of the match, let them back in and managed to miss a number of chances.

This was always going to be hard. MW has not been helped with his limited budget. I genuinely think if he had £10m find 2 or 3 players who'd make us a tidy profit (but don't tell anyone I said that!)

The sad fact is, we have dropped points we shouldn't have in games we were coasting or at least dominating. The filth have had their best run in god knows how long and don't look like dropping anything which just adds to our frustrations.

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I think we need time too. However lots of people on here will not accept any defeats if they can't see progress. There are of course others who just shout 'the team is pish' with any defeat.

If we mention we have no money there will be people who say we have the 2nd highest wagebill.

If we mention we are second there are those who will say that Aberdeen will leap frog us.

If we say we are trying to buy players who are cheap but with a potential sell-on value (a gamble) they will point out the Demebeles of this world.

I actually think we are in something of a slump but are overall playing only slightly below our potential. The last filth match was a hard one as we did extremely well for the first third or so of the match, let them back in and managed to miss a number of chances.

This was always going to be hard. MW has not been helped with his limited budget. I genuinely think if he had £10m find 2 or 3 players who'd make us a tidy profit (but don't tell anyone I said that!)

The sad fact is, we have dropped points we shouldn't have in games we were coasting or at least dominating. The filth have had their best run in god knows how long and don't look like dropping anything which just adds to our frustrations.

Good post.

10 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

I really hate saying negative things about Miller because he has been a great servant through the years but for me now he get's bullied off the ball to easily and has missed some great chances. 

Most if not all Strikers miss chances of course but Miller should be getting dropped to let Dodoo get a good run of games. With Toral I think we could see Holt being dropped hopefully, he puts in a shift but he doesn't really accomplish much. Tav is fucking shocking and a championship player. He did start off good this year too that's the wierd thing but he's just dropped off now. Also surprised you didn't say he's Kiernan loyal :lol:

I actually don't mind Kiernan. I think he's been decent the majority of the season. 

Hearts away, and the old firm he was sold by Tav yet again, whose general body language looked as if he wasn't bothered.

If he's going to give Dodoo game time it has to be through the middle. He's played there for 40 minutes of the season and scored twice

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

If he's going to give Dodoo game time it has to be through the middle. He's played there for 40 minutes of the season and scored twice

Then was subbed off vs Hearts after a disallowed goal then didn't seen any games until 30 days later.

The treatment of some of our players get baffles me tbh. Like Hodson was getting played for a while but then suddenly he did something to be dropped vs St Johnstone, only being a sub and then doesn't see any of the old firm.

13 hours ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

We need time.

How is he a good manager

On 16/01/2017 at 7:57 PM, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Here is a quote from another forum I use.

"To be successful these days you need to be able to do that and having just one style, just one way of playing, especially when you don't have the players to make that work to the level you want it to, is going to be nigh-on impossible."

You'd maybe think the remark was about MW and us. But no it's about Pep and Man City and that his style has been worked out by the other teams in the PL. Doesn't matter he has players costing 40 mill plus as once they know how to play against his system any team is in trouble. They've lost 4 out the last 10'

This is what we are suffering from and it was so noticeable when MW changed system against the sheep that they didn't know how to handle us as they were prepared for our usual system. I'm not saying his system is wrong but he must use alternative tactics to keep winning. Yes we need better players to win the title but more varied tactics will go a long way to help.

Correct. Adapt the system to the players we have and to who we are playing against. Plan B isn't doing plan a better!