Dave King Jetting In

Bluebear11

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

We are a long way off having a premiership winning team at this time but they're no world beaters and with proper investment we will challange again. If the board don't deliver and allow them to get to 10 then they will have failed our club,

...but as Rangers supporters themselves they will be aware of the significance and as I said it's not too late for them to deliver the investment required.

So you're willing to give them that long to prove themselves? Seriously?

As for being Rangers supporters, their actions (or more lack of) on Hogmanay would somewhat lead me to believe otherwise.

Just now, Virtuoso said:

So you're willing to give them that long to prove themselves? Seriously?

As for being Rangers supporters, their actions (or more lack of) on Hogmanay would somewhat lead me to believe otherwise.

If they have another season like this season they will be thrown out on their arse, Will be good to get rid of all those Blue pound Profiteers as well who use Rangers to make a living.

15 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Who signed them?

Who had a budget on par with top SPFL clubs and failed to beat Raith in the SCF, failed to beat Alloa...who failed to get us promoted. It wasn't fucking Somers or the board, that lay with the manager. This isn't a dig at McCoist as such, but I fail to see your argument here re Somers??

As for Warburton getting his targets, how do you know that our three signings is who he wanted...as opposed to having his hands tied and told to see what he can do for free.

What inside info are you privy to?

You asked who signed the Newcastle players, well it wasn't the then manager McDowall, he said he had no say in the matter.

No doubt Ally failed as a manager, he had to hand his notice in before the board took any action and even then they replaced him with a man who gave the distinct impression that he didn't want to be there. He looked a broken man from day 1.

As for Warburton, I'm only going on what he told the media. I get the impression if he was asked to lie to cover for Dave King or anyone else he rather walk.

1 minute ago, Real Ranger said:

You asked who signed the Newcastle players, well it wasn't the then manager McDowall, he said he had no say in the matter.

No doubt Ally failed as a manager, he had to hand his notice in before the board took any action and even then they replaced him with a man who gave the distinct impression that he didn't want to be there. He looked a broken man from day 1.

As for Warburton, I'm only going on what he told the media. I get the impression if he was asked to lie to cover for Dave King or anyone else he rather walk.

You're talking shite on McCall he was more than chuffed to get the Rangers Job.

i don't see how hounding a board out, who support Rangers, for an unknown board, will help any short,medium or long term plan...we could end up with another Sommers in charge.

As for Res10 - anyone can buy shares then, including Ashley or an affiliate & that's the last thing we want.

3 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Seriously, I am. If there is a better alternative than the current board then I'm all for it.

What is a realistic timescale for you. 

Well King did state we were going for 55, he just never said when we would achieve it :sarcasm: .... so you have a point.

Me personally, I want them stopped next season. No offence, but me and you obviously hold certain values differently. I can't honestly believe that another Rangers supporter is willing to give this board another four years to win the league (4 yrs being the bheasts winning this one + the next 3).

1 minute ago, Spiderpig said:

i don't see how hounding a board out, who support Rangers, for an unknown board, will help any short,medium or long term plan...we could end up with another Sommers in charge.

As for Res10 - anyone can buy shares then, including Ashley or an affiliate & that's the last thing we want.

Someone went into this in great detail in the B&F forum a few days ago. Res 10 makes no difference to the bigger picture.

I'll need to find it as I never mesmerised the financials or legalities involved.

31 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

We are a long way off having a premiership winning team at this time but they're no world beaters and with proper investment we will challange again. If the board don't deliver and allow them to get to 10 then they will have failed our club, but as Rangers supporters themselves they will be aware of the significance and as I said it's not too late for them to deliver the investment required.

So not actually answer the question asked then. If no serious investment this summer then they have failed the club and the fans 

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

Well King did state we were going for 55, he just never said when we would achieve it :sarcasm: .... so you have a point.

Me personally, I want them stopped next season. No offence, but me and you obviously hold certain values differently. I can't honestly believe that another Rangers supporter is willing to give this board another four years to win the league (4 yrs being the bheasts winning this one + the next 3).

Being honest about it last summer I thought we had a chance of winning 55,  but they undoubtedly improved from the team we knocked out of the cup and a few of our signings haven't lived up to their promise.

There is a big difference from what I want and hope for to what I believe and reluctantly accept is a realistic target at this moment in time.

If that scenario isn't acceptable to you, what do you see as a better option?

8 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Someone went into this in great detail in the B&F forum a few days ago. Res 10 makes no difference to the bigger picture.

I'll need to find it as I never mesmerised the financials or legalities involved.

i'll have a look,myself but what we can't do is have £50 M in loans to win the league, we could find ourselves in the same mess...investment & not loans are the only way forward and no one will just give us £50 M

18 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

And you do know the basis of res 10, would.only allow Ashley to buy upto his percentage so there would be no gain for.him and just more money for the club. So surely more money for the club would be better than no money 

12 minutes ago, willygers4life said:

So not actually answer the question asked then. If no serious investment this summer then they have failed the club and the fans 

You asked when enough is enough and at what point would I say they have failed the club to which I gave you an answer. Like you I want to see major investment this summer but fear we might have to wait until res. 11 is passed. 

7 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

i'll have a look,myself but what we can't do is have £50 M in loans to win the league, we could find ourselves in the same mess...investment & not loans are the only way forward and no one will just give us £50 M

Ok, so we have a share issue under Res 10.

Just now, Real Ranger said:

You asked when enough is enough and at what point would I say they have failed the club to which I gave you an answer. Like you I want to see major investment this summer but fear we might have to wait until res. 11 is passed. 

So.you are prepared to wait for as long as the board make promises. Say they don't make any sort of investment in quality players this summer and we challenge the breasts from the get go. Will that be enough for you or will.you give them a another season to try get it right. 

In regards to res11 the board failed in that no one else did. If the board felt they really needed it to pass then they should have made sure it would and not rely on hopes and prayers

1 minute ago, willygers4life said:

So.you are prepared to wait for as long as the board make promises. Say they don't make any sort of investment in quality players this summer and we challenge the breasts from the get go. Will that be enough for you or will.you give them a another season to try get it right. 

In regards to res11 the board failed in that no one else did. If the board felt they really needed it to pass then they should have made sure it would and not rely on hopes and prayers

Where did I say I'm prepared to wait as long as the board make promises?

If they don't invest in the team during the summer I will be as dissapointed like every other Rangers supporter I know. As I said I don't believe serious investment will be made until a share issue is passed and on that basis the board deserve criticism for not doing enough to push it through.

If the board fail to deliver the investment you want in the summer, what are you going to do about it?

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Did I seriously just read that right?

Happy to wait until they get 10IAR? 

Fuck me.

You seriously didn't read that right. Where did I mention I was happy with second place, just looking at where the two clubs are at this moment in time and bearing that in mind what I would reluctantly accept.

If unacceptable to you what are you doing about it?

5 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Genuinely believed when we got they 3 in something would drastically change. Bar bringing the debt down fuck all has been done since the last crooks. 

No scouting network,

No substantial investment in the playing squad or unders,

Very little work done to Ibrox, what has been done is pathetic (see worn out banners at the Broomloan), 

Very little transparency,

Very little appearances by the board.

I know bringing down the debt is a good thing but the rest were done by the old board of crooks and they got hammered for it. Why is King and the boys any different? 

Rangers men? Aye ok

Pretty much nails it for me ?

By the way .There 10 and it's still a big if ,will mean fuck all.

They will know it means not a jot compared to ours and there previous 9

The world just laughs at the one horse race we have .And let's face it .With King in control and MW as our Manager 

It is staying that way