Loans are the future........

Dlydon81

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Bighouse said:

I mean generally in he sense that we are becoming increasingly dependent on loans from English clubs, developing their youngsters and getting no long term return.

We have two players on loan. Two. 

Not everything will have a "long term return". Some will, by the very nature of what football clubs do, be short term moves. 

Just now, The Dude said:

We have two players on loan. Two. 

Not everything will have a "long term return". Some will, by the very nature of what football clubs do, be short term moves. 

Two at the moment, but look at the last few years and is this what it will be like for the foreseeable future? I grew up watching a Rangers team who had some of the best players in Europe. Excuse me if i'm not jumping for joy at the prospect of our team being held together by a few teenagers here temporarily, got on the cheap from England.

5 hours ago, Dlydon81 said:

No more benefit of the doubt from me, Warbs theory/rationale on revolving door loans being an  acceptable way to build for the future has me at the end of my tether with him!  

Appreciate we don't have much choice at the moment but for him to go on sky sports and outline it as a good strategy is a joke!

A buy/sell club is embarrassing enough albeit a harsh reality for us being in Scotland.  The idea that we will be an outsourced training ground for EPL youngsters (on loans) is not befitting of Rangers and certainly shouldn't be what our manager aspires to create.

Get the fuck over yourself. 

He hasnt suggested nor has he filled the team with loans. Taking 2 or 3 each season is a good strategy. 

1 hour ago, Bighouse said:

Two at the moment, but look at the last few years and is this what it will be like for the foreseeable future? I grew up watching a Rangers team who had some of the best players in Europe. Excuse me if i'm not jumping for joy at the prospect of our team being held together by a few teenagers here temporarily, got on the cheap from England.

Last year we had 3. The year before that we had the Newcastle 5 foisted upon us. If I remember right the manager at the time (McDowall) said he never even knew about it until they were here. At no time has our team been 'held together' by loan players. At the minute Toral and Hyndman are better than what we have and available to us. Why anyone thinks we should turn that down because it's only 'temporary' is beyond me. 

Who would you have in midfield if we arent having loan signings?

6 hours ago, Willis said:

Going by what Dave King has said about previous boards, this is clearly below acceptable standards.

I'm surprised King hasn't called for himself to step down and for the fans to boycott until he's done so.

He's Boycotting His Wallet at the moment.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Last year we had 3. The year before that we had the Newcastle 5 foisted upon us. If I remember right the manager at the time (McDowall) said he never even knew about it until they were here. At no time has our team been 'held together' by loan players. At the minute Toral and Hyndman are better than what we have and available to us. Why anyone thinks we should turn that down because it's only 'temporary' is beyond me. 

Who would you have in midfield if we arent having loan signings?

My favourite ever lonee was Jim Steele, never a dull moment when he played.

5 hours ago, PRW. said:

£30 million invested over years, We're almost half way there.

Aye I wish King didn't get involved and left Ashley, Green and co alone. Fuckin hell man we had no choice, you might not like him or whatever but thank fuck he got rid of they cunts and is trying his best to get rid of Ashley, which is probably mission impossible because of how sewed up every contract is in his favour because of the scumbags he had in our club. 

"Nae bother", keep pretending there is some cunt out there just choaking to fling tens of millions at us for the benefit of the club. 

EDIT: We will get back to the position of being able to spend money on transfers but only when we aren't bein hampered by the merchandise deal and we get money from sponsorships/competitions like the tarriers. Not a sugar daddy.

King himself promised to be the one who would stop Celtic getting 9 in a row , a constant stream of loans revolving in and out the door is not the way that is going to be accomplished 

'Loans are the future....'.   Thought for a minute this was a thread about King and the Board deciding that the future depends on them continuing to provide soft financial loans to keep going.

There may be a link.    Insufficient money to invest in acquiring players on a longer term basis than loans.....which leads to a risk of increasing dependence on the loan market.      It's only a few loan players so far, and its less than we've had in recent times.  But presumably the emphasis at the Club will be to acquire players for a title winning side and to my mind that would mean keeping dependence on loan players to a minimum.

7 hours ago, Dlydon81 said:

You've completely missed the point.  Nothing against loanees per se!  Its warbs nonsense about how loanees are part of his strategy and that we should be aspiring to become the loan destination of choice for various clubs In England.

Read the sky sports article and you might understand better the context around my frustration.

again I have nothing against having loan players but I do have something against warbs promoting us openly as some form of development centre. That's embarrassing!

Reece oxford for 18 month would be like the Roberts at sellick, if not, it's pointless except to highlight we need a decent CB. With our other two midfield signings, warburton's is either hoping to extend or buy after release, when speaking to the press he is also speaking to prem managers and saying we will grow your player, whilst also thinking this player is very good but may never make the grade at a prem club until they are 24-5 hopefully leaving us in a position to get them cheaply..Dom ball is an example...he was obviously not thought good enough by spurs or us...but could have been the perfect example.

so it's not just about us being a development centre.....Fraser Aird isn't good enough for us...goes on loan but was still never good enough for us so gets picked up and may grow into a better player...

There are 20 teams in the EPL with 25 man squads, that's 500 players in a league that has the pick of the stall of worldwide football talent apart from maybe half a dozen clubs from other countries, last season 70% of the starters were non English, I am no mathematician but that's a helluva lot of talented guys left on the sidelines kicking their heels doing fuck all.

How can a failed manager like Warburton develop any player, he can't even get the players he bought to perform to the standards to challenge for the title, this squad have been together for 18 months and play like they only just met, plus all the shite he has brought to the club, the man is nothing more than a youth coach and judging by some of the young players he has bought for the club, not a very good one.

This board are investing hee haw that's the reason for loans until the fans stump up for ST then he might part with a small amount of cash in the summer, second rate and second best for years to come.

27 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

How can a failed manager like Warburton develop any player, he can't even get the players he bought to perform to the standards to challenge for the title, this squad have been together for 18 months and play like they only just met, plus all the shite he has brought to the club, the man is nothing more than a youth coach and judging by some of the young players he has bought for the club, not a very good one.

This board are investing hee haw that's the reason for loans until the fans stump up for ST then he might part with a small amount of cash in the summer, second rate and second best for years to come.

Your trolling is just not up to previous standards....reads like your heart just isn't in it anymore

5 hours ago, theiconicman said:

Get the fuck over yourself. 

He hasnt suggested nor has he filled the team with loans. Taking 2 or 3 each season is a good strategy. 

You've missed my point also.  even if 3 loans a season is a good strategy -which I don't agree with.

I don't want our manager spouting nonsense to sky sports reporters about the current loan players being part of planning for next season, saying that sometimes loan players don't go back, hoping we get another tranche of loanees if we develop the current batch etc!  It's embarrassing and even the sky reporter is subtley mocking warbs perspective on it!

Too many people are missing my point.  Here is the article - regardless of what you think about loans, this is embarrassing and the sky sports writer is subtley mocking our manager - and rightly so with the push warbs is coming out with in the quotes!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/10744308/mark-warburton-building-for-the-future-at-rangers-with-loans

24 minutes ago, Dlydon81 said:

You've missed my point also.  even if 3 loans a season is a good strategy -which I don't agree with.

I don't want our manager spouting nonsense to sky sports reporters about the current loan players being part of planning for next season, saying that sometimes loan players don't go back, hoping we get another tranche of loanees if we develop the current batch etc!  It's embarrassing and even the sky reporter is subtley mocking warbs perspective on it!

Why the fuck not if the loans are coming from Premiership teams? They are players we could never afford to buy?

Sound like a petulant child m8, did you stamp your feet when you heard him on the TV?

48 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Why the fuck not if the loans are coming from Premiership teams? They are players we could never afford to buy?

Sound like a petulant child m8, did you stamp your feet when you heard him on the TV?

Taking about petulant children, who stole your chocolate biscuit. We are second rate, get over it, this manager was chosen to operate with no money full stop.

12 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Nothing wrong with buying and selling wisely, it could be a great source of income if it's done properly, Unfortunately I don't think we have the people in charge to pull it off. 

As for loans it's like trying to build on quicksand. 

Can't believe how much has changed since TV cash and bosman kicked in 

20yr ago it was inconceivable that anybody leaving us would go to a better stepping stone in their career ,

now we are nothing more than a feeder club and a training excercise for other clubs potential 

sad thing is this is not a Murray ,whyte or green legacy ,it was always going to happen as the foreign leagues money spiralled out with ours 

saying that our own fa and league have allowed out game to be undersold for years ,we have one of the most marketable fixtures in world football in this country ,but when Bournemouth v burnley raises the revenue that a full season does for the whole our country,you know that your pissing against the wind 

Loans are probably the best option for the club right now for a couple of reasons.

1. The January window always inflates the price of players as selling clubs know teams are desperate.

2. MW has brought in 14 players over the last year (minus the two loans in this window). The majority of these signings have been woeful and we've got a number of players hovering up tens of thousands a month while contributing nothing. The last thing we need at the minute is another 3 or 4 duds brought in on long term contracts.

5 hours ago, theiconicman said:

Agree to disagree, one things for sure, I'll never accept us aspiring to be a development centre for other teams which is essentially what warbs is saying.