What's Your Favourite Match

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Keeps01 said:

Cup final replay 1981. Dundee hibs were on a roll but were destroyed by Coops.

Wee John MacDonald played the best game of his career.

My 1st final......who would of thought that a missed penalty from Ian Redford would have such an impact. 

6 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

Helicopter Sunday, last season's Scottish Cup semi-final, the Old Firm game with Edu's late winner, Fiorentina in the UEFA Cup semi, etc. Those are the obvious ones; we've been fucking spoiled.

I'll always remember the 2008 CIS Cup final against Dundee United. Levein had built a decent team up there including Hunt, Conway, de Vries & Flood and we'd drew 3-3 up there earlier in the season. They went ahead twice in both normal time and extra time, but Boyd came on and equalised twice, then scored the winning penalty. That was that, for me. No matter what he did, left for free or struggled in 2014/15, he was a legend in my eyes.

The 2011 CIS Cup final was also memorable. It was Lennon's first full season, we played them seven times and it had become very heated to the extent that it was mentioned in parliament. In the replay of the game Diouf and Brown clashed, they put us out, so they were favourites according the bookies, media, etc. We all know what happened in extra time when Weiss sent Jelavic through on goal, though... what euphoria.

A special mention to our 3-2 win up at Pittodrie in 2010, too. 2-0 down, as well. What a turnaround; Walter Smith's specialty that season.

As I said, we've been spoiled.

The 2011 final is spot on as we played in the Europa on the Thursday. Smith put Lafferty on the right to win balls in the air against Izaguire (spelling). We were massive underdogs that day.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Minus the obvious ones and games against Celtic I don't think there's a better feeling than going to and coming away from Easter Road after skudding they junkie gay Hibs minks.

Always a great atmosphere. 

Winning at pittodrie aswell 

Too many to pick from so I'll go with a couple recents 

The semi vs them last season

Pumping the mini-beggars 6-2 at Easter Road in MW's first game in charge. I knew then McCoist's reign was over and we were on the mend 

4 hours ago, Vwbear said:

A strange 1 but the play off at easter road even although we lost 1 0 in the last kick of the game it really got it right up hibs and the whole Scottish media that were falling over hibs to get up that year 

What a strange post.

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Toss up between helicopter Sunday and winning the league at the piggery, gun to the head I would go for helicopter Sunday for the bare fact it was won against the odds.

Same mate 

winning the league was great there but had similar feelings there Mendes game etc for example as we were expected to win the league that day as great as it was it was expected 

helicopter Sunday for me out the 2 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Same mate 

winning the league for great there but had similar feelings there Mendes game etc for example as we were expected to win the league that day as great as it was it was expected 

helicopter Sunday for me out the 2 

The Saturday night before the game 4 of us had tickets and we honestly were contemplating not going, I turned to my brother and asked him what would be the worst feeling.....going up and knowing the tims had won the league or not going and we some how pulled it off......it was a no brainer and turned out to be the greatest feeling winning a game.

The thing was , we pumped Motherwell 4-0 the previous week and at no time did I believe that team could of helped us out, it just shows that miracles do happen, to make it all the more sweeter I shoved £20 on us at 9-1 to win the league after the tims beat us at Ibrox:Banane21:

16 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Leeds away, all the media had them overturning the first leg deficit, one of many fantastic games that season.

Some week that .. 

Leeds away win 

Celtic away win 

Aberdeen league cup final win 

Any of those games we won the league on the last day . 6-1 v Dunfermline and 5-1 v Kilmarnock come to mind , but Helicopter Sunday and beating the sheep 2-0 at Ibrox were that wee bit special  as I think a lot of us dreaded the worst . 

9 hours ago, Essandoh said:

I'll never get over the face of my father when Celtic skied their penalty, after Rangers scored a Miller goal and a Barrie McKay screamer. I realise since 1872 it may not be the greatest game but by God does it mean the world to me.

Was going to say this one myself. But old firms are that bloody stressful that i wouldnt really say I enjoy them until the win is in sight. That said the feeling after that game was something special, was such a feeling of joyous relief to finally beat they scum after all wed been put thru, especially with Miller scoring and Barrie's "fluke". One of the few occasions I've been brought to tears at a game

17 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

My first game - Rangers v Clydebank sept 1976 

It ended up 3-3 and Davie Cooper scored for Clydebank that evening  

Seeing those blue jerseys (under floodlights) and inside ibrox for the first time was amazing 

I remember that game well.

I had seen Cooper play for Clydebank a few times and he did stand out a mile, the press quickly caught on and it became obvious he was coming to us. Was almost a done deal by the time of the Clydebank League cup tie at Ibrox.

A lot of fans were there to see how good he was, and me and the mates were down near the track on the right hand side, so saw him close up and he took his chance and impressed with some great, wing play and crossing, and provided a couple of goal assists from great corners down in that corner, scoring once in a 3-3 draw if i recall correctly. And I'm sure Tommy McLean provided a great corner from there too for a goal which may have gone directly in.

Will always be winning the league at the piggery.wee McCann and the hammer.still can't chew my dinner properly after having my jaw broke in scraps after that game, leaning against the wall at Queen Street station trying to punch it back into place, fuckin agony.but if ever there was a team that epitomised what it is to represent us on park that was it.the clothes I wore that day from head to toe are on a dummy in my bedroom.hope it's my last.memory before I lose my marbles for good.

No Surrender 

Rab