• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

King out!

Ashley in!

Strangely enough, the coming months could see a stalking horse, like Ashley, although not directly in his case, make their move. There is something sinister going on behind the scenes with this shower of self serving incompetents and they need to stump up another loan before ST time. Will they have the cash? There is also the matter of legal fees and possible compo for the "three". Provisions for this will need to be set aside to avoid any possible insolvency event, as we continue to live off loans, tying up much needed cash if they pursue compo. We are not in a good place financially and weaker than we were a year ago and ffs, please no one tell me that we are not!  

1 hour ago, stewaj3 said:

No better than the management.  Now you may think this is an overreaction. Heres my reasons. 

1. Evident they have no money to invest to take us forward and invest in the team. 

2. The way they have handled the barton and warburton sagas. Not disputing warburton going but the way it was done is amateurish. Warburton apparently getting confirmation by email is a joke. This should have been dealt with face to face behind closed doors. 

3. Failure to secure outside investment in this club. 

4. Supposed to be a focus on club operating within its means. Making loss after loss and no signs of improvement.

5. Meant to be transparent, things are no more transparent than under whyte and green.  The communication for warburtons exit bas been woeful. 

6. Engagement with fans has reduced to next to none since we gained promotion. 

7. The clubs handling of the whole cup final fracas wasn't enough. 

8. The way the club communicates with the scottish media is awful. Leaks seem to still happen and lead to negative reporting from people who cant wait to stick the knife in to our club. 

9. The club as a whole has not moved forward at all since last season. 

On the whole its just not been good enough. 

1. Where's that evidence? They have kept our lights on and doors open. Without their loans we would have been in administration again last year. To me it looks like they haven't fancied the manager for some time and didn't want to throw money at him. Time will tell of course.

2. Warburton was to blame for that shambles because he didn't like hearing the truth. 

3. Can that even be done in the present climate?

4. Nonsense. King himself stated quite clearly numerous times the club would have to run at a loss until such times as we caught Celtic. This live within our means nonsense is just that. Utter nonsense. We are in n position to do so, just yet. 

5. Agreed. 

6. What are you looking for? what do you really want? 

7. What more could they do? I thought they were extremely scathing of both Hibs and the SFA? What more could they have done? 

8. Agreed. 

9. Football department is the priority and that is down to the manager i'm afraid. 

On the whole it hasn't been good enough, you are right. 

This next appointment is their last chance. Another dud, which will be their 3rd in a row and it's curtains, not just for them, but probably the club as well. I don't see any way back from another failed appointment. 

No better than the management.  Now you may think this is an overreaction. Heres my reasons. 

1. Evident they have no money to invest to take us forward and invest in the team. 

2. The way they have handled the barton and warburton sagas. Not disputing warburton going but the way it was done is amateurish. Warburton apparently getting confirmation by email is a joke. This should have been dealt with face to face behind closed doors. 

4. Supposed to be a focus on club operating within its means. Making loss after loss and no signs of improvement.

5. Meant to be transparent, things are no more transparent than under whyte and green.  The communication for warburtons exit bas been woeful. 

8. The way the club communicates with the scottish media is awful. Leaks seem to still happen and lead to negative reporting from people who cant wait to stick the knife in to our club. 

I've been very critical of the board for some of the reasons you have mentioned. But they absolutely done the right thing telling W&W to bolt.

Sons of struth Facebook

"DO YOU STILL SUPPORT RANGERS? 

The Internet is awash with folk who, regardless of what happens, will resort to their default setting of blaming the manager/players/board (delete to suit) regardless of the actual facts or truth. I even seen someone blame me for the recent hearts defeat. 

It seems some are intent on blaming x,y or z for whatever they assume the latest "disaster" is at our club. 

Let's look at the facts regardless of who is spinning the news or what your favoured fan forum majority have decided is fact. 

Yesterday Rangers had a manager who, for whatever reason, didn't want to be at Ibrox. He is no longer here. We seek a new manager. We play a cup game tomorrow. They are the facts. 

Some of the things written by fans about Warburton and or the board over the last 18 hours would have you think they were written by fans of other teams. 

Tomorrow lets get behind the players, let the board find the best replacement possible and let's get behind whoever it is.

We are Rangers, that's what we do. 

Mon the Rangers."

according to the sons of struth we have now to back to the team no matter what , bit rich coming from a group who orchestrated a boycott campaign . If the previous board had made such a drama over a manager resigning/getting sacked this mob would have been all over it 

It certainly looks that way although losing the Resolution at the AGM has not helped in that regard.  

I have to disagree on both counts really because with Warburton and the others, their agent has totally mucked up.   Even our current board will have had to take legal advice before (rightly) showing them the door.  In today's litigious society you have to be very careful how you get rid of people from their post.   It was a similar situation with Barton.    I am not praising the board I just think that blaming them for something over which they had little control is just wrong.   Warburton and his pals were being duplicitous.  Barton fell out with Halliday and Warburton and that had nothing to do with the board.

Agreed but I think part of that is due to not getting their resolution through at the AGM.

That isn't quite correct as losses have come down.

I agree on this although it possibly has something to do with legal advice.   I can't be certain on that count and if they are governed by legal advice then they should tell us that they are restricted.

I totally agree.  This Club1872 is a farce.  

I agree they have failed to attack the SFA and police over this.

Agree with this as well.   I have said for years our PR is shocking.

I agree to an extent on this.

I am no fan of this board which many already know but this particular situation is not of their making.  I don't disagree with some of your points.

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

how would you go about sacking an entire board?

By special resolution proposed by at least 5% of the shareholding, convened at EGM and more than 50% of the votes cast to uphold the resolution, they are oot on their collective erses!

Other than that, it is by demo and boycott to force them out, or in the unlikely event they find a conscience and they all volunteer to resign.

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No, I'm picking parts because I think they are absolute bollocks.

Well that's your opinion. I certainly hope you are in the minority as this board have done nothing of note for this club thus far. The best thing anyone can say is they got rid of the last board. 

If you think they are running a well thought out,  forward thinking football club then you are clearly seeing something im not. 

13 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

according to the sons of struth we have now to back to the team no matter what , bit rich coming from a group who orchestrated a boycott campaign . If the previous board had made such a drama over a manager resigning/getting sacked this mob would have been all over it 

They dont do irony, nor independent thinking. Mouthpiece for hire plain and simple.

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I am no fan of this board which many already know but this particular situation is not of their making.  I don't disagree with some of your points.

In many company's after taking legal advice, including mine, you would still remove someone knowing that there is every possibility that they have legal right to compo. You can reach an agreement and pay up front, or await the legal claim and settle then. Generally if the pursuant's legal team are prepared to go to court, they are pretty sure of winning. otherwise they would not advise their client to do so.

Just because we sacked them, it doesn't mean that the board were given the green light that all was good to do so. It is for the board to decide on the risks to the business or personal agendas, to just remove knowing that any subsequent claim would be legitimate. It maybe just a stalling tactic if the money is not available to do so at the time and that would be quite plausible with this shower. 

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

In many company's after taking legal advice, including mine, you would still remove someone knowing that there is every possibility that they have legal right to compo. You can reach an agreement and pay up front, or await the legal claim and settle then. Generally if the pursuant's legal team are prepared to go to court, they are pretty sure of winning. otherwise they would not advise their client to do so.

Just because we sacked them, it doesn't mean that the board were given the green light that all was good to do so. It is for the board to decide on the risks to the business or personal agendas, to just remove knowing that any subsequent claim would be legitimate. It maybe just a stalling tactic if the money is not available to do so at the time and that would be quite plausible with this shower. 

I am fully aware of all that.  I simply felt that the other poster was criticising them out of frustration rather than fact.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Funnily, I remember you arguing against that very point :sarcasm:

Of course i did, i always thought, when it comes to players the buck stops with the manager, but ive relented and seen the error of my ways and agree with the fan groups and im now just waiting on them condemning the board for me to join in 

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

Sons of struth Facebook

"DO YOU STILL SUPPORT RANGERS? 

The Internet is awash with folk who, regardless of what happens, will resort to their default setting of blaming the manager/players/board (delete to suit) regardless of the actual facts or truth. I even seen someone blame me for the recent hearts defeat. 

It seems some are intent on blaming x,y or z for whatever they assume the latest "disaster" is at our club. 

Let's look at the facts regardless of who is spinning the news or what your favoured fan forum majority have decided is fact. 

Yesterday Rangers had a manager who, for whatever reason, didn't want to be at Ibrox. He is no longer here. We seek a new manager. We play a cup game tomorrow. They are the facts. 

Some of the things written by fans about Warburton and or the board over the last 18 hours would have you think they were written by fans of other teams. 

Tomorrow lets get behind the players, let the board find the best replacement possible and let's get behind whoever it is.

We are Rangers, that's what we do. 

Mon the Rangers."

Fuck sos only in it for their own agenda said it from the very start with them as for taking the name struth thats a disgrace to me with that lot

2 hours ago, Bertent said:

They dont do irony, nor independent thinking. Mouthpiece for hire plain and simple.

The nougat has brainwashed quite a few .

Fucks could ever be beggars with their hypocritical garbage .

"support the board " support the team and the club " 2017

"fuck the board " boycott the team and the club 2015

Hypocrites .every one of them

The fuckers should be sacked for those two statements alone.

Then what's with all the investment blithering pish the liar comes out with when this is supposed to be about a sacking?

The convicted felon is exactly that and needs fucking hunted. This fucker has taken us into the gutter along with him.

This is not Rangers FC as most would know it.

It was obvious we were going backwards with Warburton and we had to get someone else in. We tried him and he came up short. 

if we can believe what we're being told his actions (or his agents actions) have spectacularly backfired on him. I think the board have played it well imo. 

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No he didnt, the board did, Warburton identified targets the board sanctioned the spend 

(that was the defence used for ally spunking a fortune on shite, only fair warbs gets to use it) 

His recruitment over the summer lost him his job,

We matched the tarriers in the Semi and pulled off one of the greatest wins over the them.  I didn't expect us to win the league this year but to be so far away and only one of the summer signings are first team regulars Clint Hill 38. No progress or even a glimpse of us getting better.

I hope that we keep aspects of play that Warburton implemented but we need to be quicker in what we do and defend well. Pointless having 60% possession and having a shit defence who look vunerable every time the opposition attack.

1 minute ago, GWR1979 said:

His recruitment over the summer lost him his job,

We matched the tarriers in the Semi and pulled off one of the greatest wins over the them.  I didn't expect us to win the league this year but to be so far away and only one of the summer signings are first team regulars Clint Hill 38. No progress or even a glimpse of us getting better.

I hope that we keep aspects of play that Warburton implemented but we need to be quicker in what we do and defend well. Pointless having 60% possession and having a shit defence who look vunerable every time the opposition attack.

if recruitment can cost a manager his job then ally mccoist must have been born on a fucking four leaf clover given how fucking god awful his recruitment was