King and co have played a blinder

Gaz52

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They sanctioned all the signings or are we to believe they didn't know anything until all those players walked through the door, so they have to take their share of the blame. 

You also have to ask if King said they accelerated the spending in the summer just what the fuck was the spending supposed to be. 

By sanctioning the signings it shows they were backing the manager.  How were they to know he was signing players not up to the job. The buck stops with the manager on that one. It's not for the board to say who to sign or not ... unless it gets to a stage where they are concerned by the product and are forced to say enough is enough. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They sanctioned all the signings or are we to believe they didn't know anything until all those players walked through the door, so they have to take their share of the blame. 

You also have to ask if King said they accelerated the spending in the summer just what the fuck was the spending supposed to be. 

I cant believe they would vet the players coming in - thats essentially the board picking the squad - and how many managers would put up with that? When they finally said no in January, Warburton walked.

Leaving aside the "£50 million investment " argument, the board appear to have supported him till they couldn't justify supporting him any longer. I dont see what else they are supposed to do.

He wanted to buy yet another winger ffs.

The funds were made available to fight for second, but I agree the money wasn't great.

I have already seen newspaper articles from mark dingwall and Mr Houston over the weekend and today.

The board still have a lot to answer for.

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

In amongst all that I do get your somewhat disguised point.

The board have played a blinder.

I made a few posts recently saying as much but also that King in his couple of statements has an uncanny knack of failing to take any responsibility for anything.

Maybe I'm the biggest dick in the world (I hate the board) I think King is a liar/criminal, I think Paul Murray is a potless ugly country-club smarmy wank with nothing to his name, I think Mr Park is a torn faced selfish old bastard, Gilligan no-more than a season ticket holder who had a good job and came into a few quid and Stewart Robertson the ex Motherwell chief who in charge when they helped vote us down the specky grassing wee prick that he is ...

That above said (I typed it out that way on purpose to emphasise the ridiculous way I'm thinking here) but I think they might come good this summer with a new manager and funds.

Don't ask me why. My gut feeling has a lot to answer for.

I already don't like them but even the neutrals are on the fence here waiting on their next move.

If they don't deliver they are done IMO.

I really mean that.

Lots of folk holding out for another manager, another window.

I'm interested in how much of a budget, and whether this is reported fees or includes agents fees, sign on fees, salaries, etc.

If you think 1, 5 or 10m is acceptable, what exactly does that cover?

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Next window.?

Can I ask what "no money spent" means? Genuinely.

Cos I'm interested if transfer fee, agents fee, signing in fee, salary, cup bonuses etc are all included in what your expectations of spent are or whether say x millions is just on a transfer fee.

Am genuine here. If Garner is a £1.8m signing I'd imagine that is the figure we're talking about. Agree?

If we make signings which cost us a maximum of £3M then they need to go. 

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

In amongst all that I do get your somewhat disguised point.

The board have played a blinder.

I made a few posts recently saying as much but also that King in his couple of statements has an uncanny knack of failing to take any responsibility for anything.

Maybe I'm the biggest dick in the world (I hate the board) I think King is a liar/criminal, I think Paul Murray is a potless ugly country-club smarmy wank with nothing to his name, I think Mr Park is a torn faced selfish old bastard, Gilligan no-more than a season ticket holder who had a good job and came into a few quid and Stewart Robertson the ex Motherwell chief who in charge when they helped vote us down the specky grassing wee prick that he is ...

That above said (I typed it out that way on purpose to emphasise the ridiculous way I'm thinking here) but I think they might come good this summer with a new manager and funds.

Don't ask me why. My gut feeling has a lot to answer for.

I already don't like them but even the neutrals are on the fence here waiting on their next move.

If they don't deliver they are done IMO.

I really mean that.

Didn't know that Stewart Robertson was on the Motherwell board who voted us out, Get him to Fuck,

As for the rest of the board It feels like control of Rangers is more important than proper investment which will be needed if we are to compete with the tarriers.

Just now, 50ShadesofBlue said:

You can't blame the board for signings that didn't pay off. 

So your saying the board had no idea what players were coming in until they turned up at the press conference? 

King has said himself he gave the rats more money than they had planned to spend so they must've known who was coming and the risks involved. 

So they knew who was and if they couldn't see the chances of it all going tits up then they are a bigger shambles than I thought. 

So the board have to take their share of the blame for the shambles this season has become. 

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm interested in how much of a budget, and whether this is reported fees or includes agents fees, sign on fees, salaries, etc.

Lets see what the financials are like for this season. If we have increased our losses, then I dont expect a big transfer budget at all. It could be less than this years.

Theres a thought.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

So your saying the board had no idea what players were coming in until they turned up at the press conference? 

King has said himself he gave the rats more money than they had planned to spend so they must've known who was coming and the risks involved. 

So they knew who was and if they couldn't see the chances of it all going tits up then they are a bigger shambles than I thought. 

So the board have to take their share of the blame for the shambles this season has become. 

The board aren't scouts, coaches or managers. 

If the management team say they want a player and make a case for it, then the board are obviously going to support him.

To blame the board is ludicrous. 

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm holding out for another manager and another window purely on the basis that Frank De Boer said the other night he'd be interested but in the summer.

Ideally he'd come in now, weigh it all up and get time to know the players.

Summer is fine by me.

20 million needed.

I think Tav and Wallace are OK as they are provided we use 4/5/6 million for 2 quality centre half's 

Spend 3 million if possible on Hyndman on a permanent transfer .. another 3/4/5 million for a player in the mould of a Steve Davis (who is similar to Hyndman) ... I'm not a massive McKay fan but on his day he's good .. good players around him? ... we'll still have Windass as a starter if he stays fit .. upfront is more difficult as the quality we need is documented. I'd like to see a 5 million quid striker here who could hit the ground running like Dembele or Griffiths .. it's not my job to ensure it but we could do it if we have the right scouts and managers in place to go for it.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I cant believe they would vet the players coming in - thats essentially the board picking the squad - and how many managers would put up with that? When they finally said no in January, Warburton walked.

Leaving aside the "£50 million investment " argument, the board appear to have supported him till they couldn't justify supporting him any longer. I dont see what else they are supposed to do.

He wanted to buy yet another winger ffs.

So if they said no January, then they must've said yes in the summer. 

If they ok'd the summer spend without knowing what players we were after then they should be dragged out of Ibrox and booted down Edmiston Drive. 

Another thing that irked me about MW is his use of the loan market. I completely get the theory about it building relationships with clubs down south. However, is our squad really any better off for having the likes of Oduwa, Zelalem, Ball, Gostomski & King? Sure we got out the Championship, but how much time and money did we spunk in looking after other folks plyers when (especially with his supposedly proven track record at working with youth players) our own youths should have got the chance to improve.

Did any of the above names really contribute anything (Oduwa Rainbow flick apart) that our own youngsters couldn't have done?

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

A maximum 3m of transfer fees???

What about sign on fees blah blah..

How close to the bheasts would you expect to get with 3m? In points?

Considerably closer than 27 points (although obviously not winning it).

Regardless of the ridiculous season that they are having, we probably wouldn't have won it this year anyway based on current squad etc but we should not be 27 points behind.

We have dropped points in 50% of games.

We have played St J twice, Ross County 3 times and have no wins from those 5. We've lost at Tynecastle twice. Dropped points again Hamilton at Ibrox, Kilmarnock away etc.

We have scored more than 2 goals in the league on one occasion this year. Mid Feb, 24 games in we have a goal difference of 6 and our top goalscorer in the league has 6 goals, the next highest, 3.

The budget argument doesn't stack up on that record.

Warburton is responsible for where we are this season. 

Theres not a lot we can do about Celtic this season, you can't argue with 1 draw all season in all competitions. We could have Real Madrids budget and be only 2 points ahead of them to show for it. That's the effect Rodgers has had on them. Not to fall into the 2014 'Hearts will have a rough patch' syndrome, but how good they are now won't last forever. When they come back to ground zero we need to be ready. Our budget is restricted, but not non-existent. It flat out dwarfs Aberdeen and Hearts' and to the very penny it's been squandered by Warburton and Mr Best in the Business.

The next few years will define our clubs future. We'll either get ourselves back on top, or they'll take over us as the dominant club. One or the other, no room for mistakes. Warburtons made countless in 8 months, he had to go.

2 minutes ago, 50ShadesofBlue said:

The board aren't scouts, coaches or managers. 

If the management team say they want a player and make a case for it, then the board are obviously going to support him.

To blame the board is ludicrous. 

So the manager went to the board with a list of names in the summer and what money he needed. They knew what players were coming and they agreed to release the funds. 

If they didn't agree then they say no just like they did last month, they are running the club. 

To say the board don't share any blame is ludicrous to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm holding out for another manager and another window purely on the basis that Frank De Boer said the other night he'd be interested but in the summer.

Ideally he'd come in now, weigh it all up and get time to know the players.

Summer is fine by me.

20 million needed.

I think Tav and Wallace are OK as they are provided we use 4/5/6 million for 2 quality centre half's 

Spend 3 million if possible on Hyndman on a permanent transfer .. another 3/4/5 million for a player in the mould of a Steve Davis (who is similar to Hyndman) ... I'm not a massive McKay fan but on his day he's good .. good players around him? ... we'll still have Windass as a starter if he stays fit .. upfront is more difficult as the quality we need is documented. I'd like to see a 5 million quid striker here who could hit the ground running like Dembele or Griffiths .. it's not my job to ensure it but we could do it if we have the right scouts and managers in place to go for it.

Large amounts of money are needed on 2 centre halves, a DM and a striker to start with anyway.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

So if they said no January, then they must've said yes in the summer. 

If they ok'd the summer spend without knowing what players we were after then they should be dragged out of Ibrox and booted down Edmiston Drive. 

in the summer they had a manager who hadnt put a foot wrong and could be trusted. By xmas he could barely do anything right and the trust had evaporated. Circumstances change.Ill blame the board if I think they have something to be blamed for. Expecting them to be scouts as well is pushing it.

38 minutes ago, Smile said:

They have played this well and to their Advantage, we will never find out what's really happened till we get both sides of the story.

I would take a gues on us never ever getting the full facts, IF lawyers are INvolved there will be contracts of confidentiality drawn up as both The Club and Warburton wont want dirty laundry fully washed IN public.

8 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Lets see what the financials are like for this season. If we have increased our losses, then I dont expect a big transfer budget at all. It could be less than this years.

Theres a thought.

I'd suggest then our expectations of a new manager should reflect the that.

But won't

Going for 55......