When the new manager comes in...

Gandhi1872

I get people are angry at the board but for me these players are not getting enough blame.

If the new manager comes in and gets a reaction and they start playing well how is that acceptable? I know it's like this at every team now but why does it take a manager for them to play well?

Where is the professional pride? Where is the desire? They are being paid far more than those they were against tonight and last week. Forget what the manager says. When they go out on that pitch it's just 11v11. You versus the man in your position. 

How can we just accept them turning it on whenever they feel like it. It's takes a new manager for them to be bothered to show a bit of desire? There are fans there who have taken time of work to go and watch them and they hardly look bothered. Like I said I know this is not just at Rangers but I find it disgraceful how if they start playing better with a new coach they think we'll just forget the fact they completely downed tools in the last few weeks. 

The players are mediocre by Rangers standards but they are capable of much better than they are giving. 

They keep breaking all the wrong records week in week out. They need a strong manager who will shake up our tactics and formation. Suicidal trying to play like Barca when you have second rate players with no nerve.

35 minutes ago, soulboy said:

We have a diffferent man in charge and they are still as bad as they have been all season

Yeah but the man in charge doesn't know what he's doing. Until we appoint a proper manager, then we can differentiate between warburton and the new manager. 

Just now, Junior Soprano said:

I'm starting to believe the board is trying to piss us off that much, that they will appoint Billy Davis or similar and we will be forever grateful that Murtys no longer in charge. 

Itll be their way of getting a cheap manager in.

They're stalling mate,they're drip feeding a lot of shite to their courageous pals in the media.

I don't trust them one bit.

3 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

I'm starting to believe the board is trying to piss us off that much, that they will appoint Billy Davis or similar and we will be forever grateful that Murtys no longer in charge. 

If it is Davies I'll be disgusted. 

Just now, Junior Soprano said:

Spot on mate.

We have no money so thoughts of grandeur need nipped in the bud very quickly, there will be no marque appointment, no big transfer budget in the summer, no getting rid of Ashley's SD deal and so on. The list is endless. We are shopping in the bargain basement bin so I wish they'd just admit it and we can all move on. It's going to be Davies, McLeish, Wright, McInnes or someone of that level. Depressing as fuck.  

It would be acceptable because Warburton had a specific way of doing things and was hellbent on keeping his philosophy regardless of the situation. Murty is not a manager and the players are getting worse and worse with him. I expect a manager would come in, look at the issues, and try to address them ASAP without worrying about a stupid philosophy 

If you put professional footballers in a position where they are not going to get embarrassed they will respond. Unfortunately because we play 4-3-3 they get embarrassed because they cant play it. They have zero confidence in the system and it affects their performace. 

They are not great players. A manager has to adapt the system to take that into account. We have not done that this season.

53 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

I get people are angry at the board but for me these players are not getting enough blame.

If the new manager comes in and gets a reaction and they start playing well how is that acceptable? I know it's like this at every team now but why does it take a manager for them to play well?

Where is the professional pride? Where is the desire? They are being paid far more than those they were against tonight and last week. Forget what the manager says. When they go out on that pitch it's just 11v11. You versus the man in your position. 

How can we just accept them turning it on whenever they feel like it. It's takes a new manager for them to be bothered to show a bit of desire? There are fans there who have taken time of work to go and watch them and they hardly look bothered. Like I said I know this is not just at Rangers but I find it disgraceful how if they start playing better with a new coach they think we'll just forget the fact they completely downed tools in the last few weeks. 

The contrast between most struggling teams and the upturn they get with a new manager has more to do with an increase in confidence and positivety than lack of pride or desire. I never seen a lack of desire tonight but maybe a lack of belief.