Captain: Wallace V Hill

Awaiting the flames here, but not afraid to say it. What does Lee Wallace bring to the Captaincy apart from having been here for a while? Clint Hill can always be heard above crowds home or away shouting the team on, encouraging and alerting other players, organising the back four etc. Appreciate Wallace has a wealth of experience at calling heads or tails, but what am I missing?

Take Hill's age out of this and look at the man.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally for me I think Wallace represents us on there. He stayed with us when he could have gone to England and made a tidy wee career for himself. He didn't though he WANTED to stay and play for Rangers. I understand he's not a shouter or anything like that for me he's a bit more statesman like and leads by example in a sense. 

Hill has loads of qualities to be a captain, but this is also a guy who said 3rd would be an accomplishment while Wallace was wanting things sorted to change things around because he knows this isn't good enough for the club. 

Wallace has never been a captain for me. Stayed with us through the bad times but loyalty isn't enough to warrant being the captain.

However he shouldn't be stripped of the captaincy mid-season. That's mental. He should remain captain until the end of the season then a new captain appointed in the summer. None of the current players are suitable. Miller and Hill shouldn't feature much next season so a captain will have to be brought in to the club. Who that is I don't know. Let's see what the new manager and the next transfer window brings.

Neither it should be Kenny Miller, Clint Hill thinks 3rd place is good enough and should never be the attitude of a Rangers captain. Lee Wallace is a liability, yeh he stuck with us through the leagues and looking at him now no wonder he did. Get paid a fortune to no have to worry about the job he had to do which is defend. I dont know if playing against lesser players has held him back as I used to think that there was a player there. He does the captain role of the park well but there is no way he should be a captain on the park. 

Kenny Miller plays like a captain. Gives his all and he is the only 1 that I look at who is vocal and tries to motivate the team and push them when things aren't going well.

5 minutes ago, james_85 said:

Neither it should be Kenny Miller, Clint Hill thinks 3rd place is good enough and should never be the attitude of a Rangers captain. Lee Wallace is a liability, yeh he stuck with us through the leagues and looking at him now no wonder he did. Get paid a fortune to no have to worry about the job he had to do which is defend. I dont know if playing against lesser players has held him back as I used to think that there was a player there. He does the captain role of the park well but there is no way he should be a captain on the park. 

Kenny Miller plays like a captain. Gives his all and he is the only 1 that I look at who is vocal and tries to motivate the team and push them when things aren't going well.

I defended Wallace in my post compared to Hill, but I can't disagree with Miller. Miller has been a phenomenal leader for us this season imo.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Wallace is the most timid captain I've ever seen.

Hill said 3rd would be an achievement ffs:lol:.

For that team? Not one deserves the armband, bar Miller at a push. 

This place is bonkers.

"We will beat the taigs"

"Hill should be captain"

"Wasn't a red card last night"

"Near perfect performance!"

:lol: It's like gogzy has been handing out the weed. 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

This place is bonkers.

"We will beat the taigs"

"Hill should be captain"

"Wasn't a red card last night"

"Near perfect performance!"

:lol: It's like gogzy has been handing out the weed. 

Happy to employ tarriers in management positions! 

One that really gets to me! Probably in the minority with that tbh, a sign of the times

19 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Personally for me I think Wallace represents us on there. He stayed with us when he could have gone to England and made a tidy wee career for himself. He didn't though he WANTED to stay and play for Rangers. I understand he's not a shouter or anything like that for me he's a bit more statesman like and leads by example in a sense. 

Hill has loads of qualities to be a captain, but this is also a guy who said 3rd would be an accomplishment while Wallace was wanting things sorted to change things around because he knows this isn't good enough for the club. 

Never saw any teams from England interested in Wallace and let's face it if any player had a better more secured offer they would take it.

that said I wouldn't rock the boat anymore by putting an out of contract guy as captain for the last 10-12 games

a wudny change it mid season, i think wallace deserves far more respect than to be stripped of it mid season. However for me if i had to pick one right now. I would pick Wes...hill and miller good candidates but to old i think. i would pick wes, i think he is one of only a few players who can hold their head high after a game (even a defeat) and he fuckin trys....I await the torrents of abuse!

1 minute ago, kyleh1872 said:

a wudny change it mid season, i think wallace deserves far more respect than to be stripped of it mid season. However for me if i had to pick one right now. I would pick Wes...hill and miller good candidates but to old i think. i would pick wes, i think he is one of only a few players who can hold their head high after a game (even a defeat) and he fuckin trys....I await the torrents of abuse!

No abuse from me mate and you put a very good case for Foderingham. Without a doubt vocal. Thread has gone slightly off topic (have seen much worse! :-) ), but nobody has been able to say so far what Wallace has brought to the Captaincy this year in a positive way

14 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

No abuse from me mate and you put a very good case for Foderingham. Without a doubt vocal. Thread has gone slightly off topic (have seen much worse! :-) ), but nobody has been able to say so far what Wallace has brought to the Captaincy this year in a positive way

i think wallace was not a bad choice as captain, but was an obvious one. Anyone here would have picked him when MW came in and you could understand it, he is a top professional, he conducts himself as a captain (OFF THE PARK) but on it, i don't think he is vocal or aggressive enough to be a captain. i think when a new gaffer comes in he will have a new captain either a new player or someone from current squad. And i think being critical of Wallace as captain is not a mark against him, he has stood by the club and fans will always love him for that, BUT just because he is a good left back doesny mean he is a good captain. Fod to me seems a major contender for it for reasons I already stated he seems to be one of few who actually cares who wants to succeed and without him, we would be a fair way off 3rd.

1 hour ago, loyalfollower said:

Never saw any teams from England interested in Wallace and let's face it if any player had a better more secured offer they would take it.

that said I wouldn't rock the boat anymore by putting an out of contract guy as captain for the last 10-12 games

When I say England, I mean championship level club at best. A club at that level would have taken him.