Captain: Wallace V Hill

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid post I think, we have enough attention on us never mind mucking about with an armband. You don't change your captain at this late stage in the season, god we dont even have a manager yet & hopefully when we do have one he'll get shot of the passengers within the team that & get in proper football players to challenge title

I don't get the Hill love in here tbh. He's just as bad as the rest of our defenders imo. Misses just as much headers, space in behind, space in front, can't track runs... aye but he looks angry and shouts a bit! Fuck me. Give the captaincy to any cunt in the stand if that's the case. 

Good pro, lovely guy I'm sure... nice to his mum, never late, gives to charities... but not a captain of Rangers

6 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Awaiting the flames here, but not afraid to say it. What does Lee Wallace bring to the Captaincy apart from having been here for a while? Clint Hill can always be heard above crowds home or away shouting the team on, encouraging and alerting other players, organising the back four etc. Appreciate Wallace has a wealth of experience at calling heads or tails, but what am I missing?

Take Hill's age out of this and look at the man.

you are conflating the role of captain with that of a leader.  A team, in any sport generally has one captain but can have many onfield leaders.  Clint Hill admirably tries to lead and muster the defense though it must sometimes feel like pissing in the wind.  Kenny Miller does the same up front and Hyndman appears quite vocal in midfield.

Wallace to me is not a Rangers captain but I would leave that alone till a new manager is appointed as he will have hs own ideas.  

15 hours ago, govanblue said:

Doesn't Kenny Miller get a shout?

Of course he does.

Miller is the only current option in my eyes.

Don't listen to ForeverAndEver, he hates Catholics and allows his hatred to blind him at times. I however am a more accepting person and can see their qualities. 

None of them really deserve it, Miller does more than Hill but I'd never suggest Miller as captain so they should just leave things how they are. 

The Rangers captain shouldnt be someone who bangs on about 3rd place, fuck Hill

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I'm just assuming Kenny is probably from a Catholic background btw.

Don't care if he's catholic we've had catholic captains before, but Miller is an ex taig and should never be captain

42 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Fuck up cavezman. What's your family history???

None of them played for the taigs anyway so fuck handwringer,  some of us hold the club to a higher standard and remember our history and respect our traditions better than yous habdwringers. 

An ex taig who scored against us as captain,  boak.