Gaz52

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Garner incident - here is the extract from the Laws of the Game concerning a red card:

A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the following seven offences:

1. serious foul play
  2.  violent conduct
  3.  spitting at an opponent or any other person
  4. denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
  5. denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick
  6. using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
  7. receiving a second caution in the same match

so certainly not 3 through 7 unless he called him a dirty fenian bastard as he kicked him.

Be very difficult to make a case for #2 as violent conduct would include 'intent'

#1 - more funny than serious though suppose a case could be made, but it would have been harsh

So for me, yellow was correct.

Is number 1 the "Breach of the peace" of these rules, i.e anything that doesn't fit in but seems serious enough to warrant removal from the pitch? I take it that's the one that would cover a two footed lunge?

30 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

You'd think he had murdered someone by the reaction in the media and 'other' fans.

Hypocrites the lot of them - same ones that were chuckling with approval last week over the old footage of Gemmell chasing and kicking a German in the cellic match - but that's was ok, just the craic ?

Our fans are just as bad, it will no doubt the main topic among them at the Tommy Gemmell vigil.

9 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

It doesn't matter a fuck if there was intent, dangerous play is dangerous play - we've already seen this rule in action this season.

To me it's a clear red, and we were very lucky today. Is that so hard for some folk to admit?

What rule are you referring too?  I posted the criteria for a red card, dangerous play is not mentioned.  Folks need to put Andy Wanker and Sutton on mute.

3 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

What I don't understand is the amount of ridiculous decisions that are given against us every fucking week and not once are they mentioned, yet as soon as we get a good result they resort to constant fucking whining about a couple of questionable decisions. Its absolutely baffling how the media fucking get away with this pish.

just hope all our favourable decisions haven't come at once

59 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

What rule are you referring too?  I posted the criteria for a red card, dangerous play is not mentioned.  Folks need to put Andy Wanker and Sutton on mute.

I thought it was obvious;

Law 12 of the Laws of the Game lists the categories of misconduct for which a player may be sent off. These are:

Serious foul play

Violent conduct

Spitting at an opponent or any other person

Denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick

Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures

Receiving a second caution in the same match[1]:39

Serious foul play is a foul committed using excessive force (i.e., "the player...is in danger of injuring his opponent").[1]:117 Violent conduct is distinct from serious foul play in that it may be committed by any player, substitute, or substituted player against any person, e.g., teammates, match officials, or spectators.[1]:127

In most tournaments, a single direct red card (i.e. not one received as a result of two successive yellow ones) results in disqualification of the offending player for one or more subsequent matches, the exact number of matches varying by the offence committed and by jurisdiction. Should a team's on-field players receive a total of five red cards, it will be unable to field the required minimum of seven players and the opposing team will automatically win by forfeit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EG - dangerous play - and in my opinion it was definitely dangerous the way Garner kicked out. But keep your blue tinted specks on goat, it just makes us look like a bunch of retards.

We've already seen this rule in action this season - as I stated. If you have to be told - O halloren vs motherwell - same with scott mcdonald in the same game.

Footballing standards change annually, I'd get up to speed Goat. You cant go full souness on folk nowadays.

22 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I thought it was obvious;

Law 12 of the Laws of the Game lists the categories of misconduct for which a player may be sent off. These are:

Serious foul play

Violent conduct

Spitting at an opponent or any other person

Denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick

Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures

Receiving a second caution in the same match[1]:39

Serious foul play is a foul committed using excessive force (i.e., "the player...is in danger of injuring his opponent").[1]:117 Violent conduct is distinct from serious foul play in that it may be committed by any player, substitute, or substituted player against any person, e.g., teammates, match officials, or spectators.[1]:127

In most tournaments, a single direct red card (i.e. not one received as a result of two successive yellow ones) results in disqualification of the offending player for one or more subsequent matches, the exact number of matches varying by the offence committed and by jurisdiction. Should a team's on-field players receive a total of five red cards, it will be unable to field the required minimum of seven players and the opposing team will automatically win by forfeit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EG - dangerous play - and in my opinion it was definitely dangerous the way Garner kicked out. But keep your blue tinted specks on goat, it just makes us look like a bunch of retards.

We've already seen this rule in action this season - as I stated. If you have to be told - O halloren vs motherwell - same with scott mcdonald in the same game.

Footballing standards change annually, I'd get up to speed Goat. You cant go full souness on folk nowadays.

Yes dangerous play, in your opinion and because you found the interpretation on Wikipedia does not make it a fact.  The referee saw it as only worthy of a yellow and opinion (again only an opinion) I shared.  

The MoH, O'Halloran btw and McDonald incidents were hardly comparable, Garner took a wild swing and completely missed the ball both other incidents were for reckless tackles.  Swing and a miss, just like many of my 'at bats'. 

GOAT?  I know I haven't been on my game recently but OMG have my posts deteriorated that much?  

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Yes dangerous play, in your opinion and because you found the interpretation on Wikipedia does not make it a fact.  The referee saw it as only worthy of a yellow and opinion (again only an opinion) I shared.  

The MoH, O'Halloran btw and McDonald incidents were hardly comparable, Garner took a wild swing and completely missed the ball both other incidents were for reckless tackles.  Swing and a miss, just like many of my 'at bats'. 

GOAT?  I know I haven't been on my game recently but OMG have my posts deteriorated that much?  

Sorry mate, caught between threads.

6 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

It changes the course of the game if Wes gets a red card for that but I'm going to stick up for the officials on this one as that's a very hard one to call, I don't know why Walker thinks it was blatant and an easy decision, it happened in a split second and to the naked eye it looks like it's in the box. I couldn't believe the big deal they made about that, honestly. 

The Garner one is probably a red but he goes for the ball, he didn't try and kick the guy, he plays with his heart on his sleeve and is fully committed but he never sets out to injure other players, it was a mistake. But the reaction from both commentators is absolutely laughable, Walker launched a full-scale attack on Beaton, calling him completely incompetent, will he get away with that? Is he even trying to hide the fact he wants a Rangers player sent off to give Hamilton a chance? :lol:

Maybe someone can enlighten me, was Walker the co-commentator when Celtic got the most ridiculous decision of the season at St Johnstone? If he was I somehow don't think he would have been verbally abusing Craig Thompson after it, I'd put money on it that he didn't react even half as bad as he did there. I honestly wish they'd take him off our games and also Sutton off them as well, purely for their own sake because they can't hide their bitterness and I feel sorry for them to be honest.

We probably still would have won that game with 9 men as Hamilton are absolutely awful and we played very well today, especially in the second half.

2 not proven and a not guilty, does not make it a guilty, officials had a great day in my opinion.