What size of budget do you think the new Manager should get

Smile

What size of budget do you think the new Manager should get  

264 members have voted

1. 1. What size of budget do you think the new Manager should get

9 hours ago, 55Bear said:

It was £30m. And Warburton has spent £18m of that.

Pedro will get buttons

Did Warburton buy King's shares for him, pay back the 5 million Ashley loan (which is included in the 18 million figure branded about) and what happened to the season ticket money and other income then? - assuming none of that paid for anything and it's still sitting somewhere ...

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First post! Had an account for a while but lost the password. Been on the sit a lot reading to.the posts.

As far as catching them-that will not be done overnight and i think we need to look at balanced investment over a few years

Id say something like:

Year one-8 mil for 3 players

Year two-8mil for 3 players

Add that to the players we have and the youngster we should be back on track-if spent wisely!

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Did Warburton buy King's shares for him, pay back the 5 million Ashley loan (which is included in the 18 million figure branded about) and what happened to the season ticket money and other income then? - assuming none of that paid for anything and it's still sitting somewhere ...

I fucking hope he didn't buy his shares :lol:

But naw, it's been well established that I fucked up that post...hands up 

Just now, BluenoseCanuck said:

First post! Had an account for a while but lost the password. Been on the sit a lot reading to.the posts.

As far as catching them-that will not be done overnight and i think we need to look at balanced investment over a few years

Id say something like:

Add that to the players we have and the youngster we should be back on track-if spent wisely!

The what? none of them except Fod will be fit to wear the jersey next season and I'd be amazed if anyone from the youth's were first team quality material for next season. 

Welcome to the forum, though. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The what? none of them except Fod will be fit to wear the jersey next season and I'd be amazed if anyone from the youth's were first team quality material for next season. 

Welcome to the forum, though. 

Thanks!

I was thinking of Fod/Wallace/Barrie

Maybe Windass and Rossiter (dont laugh!)

With maybe Burt and Gilmour coming through

8 minutes ago, BluenoseCanuck said:

Id say something like:

0 valid points 

13 minutes ago, BluenoseCanuck said:

Thanks!

I was thinking of Fod/Wallace/Barrie

Maybe Windass and Rossiter (dont laugh!)

With maybe Burt and Gilmour coming through

I'd be surprised if a new manager, style, formation, and tactics doesn't make a difference in at least a couple of players. I always thought Warburton was asking too much of some of them, especially at the back. Here's hoping anyway as we could sure use saving the money for a few players of real quality rather than needing to quickly replace the whole team.

Welcome to the site from this bear as well :guiness:  

15 minutes ago, BluenoseCanuck said:

Haha-Thanks!

Just my opinion!

Would love to get a ton of money like the rest of us but its not realistic.

Nothing wrong with realism. The truth is we'll probably get less than 8 million to spend a season. That's why I'd be happy with your suggestion. I'd be amazed if we seen big money dropped on the team. The board just don't have that type of money to throw around. I just hope we get close to your suggestion and the manager is good at finding bargains.

3 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

I'd be surprised if a new manager, style, formation, and tactics doesn't make a difference in at least a couple of players. I always thought Warburton was asking too much of some of them, especially at the back. Here's hoping anyway as we could sure use saving the money for a few players of real quality rather than needing to quickly replace the whole team.

Thanks! :)

Like you would prefer to start buying some quality-that why am thinking another season or two to get those 5/6 players who make up the spine of the team.

I still think we have enough to get after that to have a decent squad

6 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

I think that the new manager and maybe some decent tactics will make a difference we could all see quite early on Warburton didn't really have any tactical knowledge, Rather than shut games down when we were ahead he still had the whole team pushing up the field, Then looked shocked when we got caught at the back.

3 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Nothing wrong with realism. The truth is we'll probably get less than 8 million to spend a season. That's why I'd be happy with your suggestion. I'd be amazed if we seen big money dropped on the team. The board just don't have that type of money to throw around. I just hope we get close to your suggestion and the manager is good at finding bargains.

Yeah-would love to drop a ton of money but too scared of the damage to the club.

Finding that balance is what we hope King and Co will do!

Just now, Smile said:

I think that the new manager and maybe some decent tactics will make a difference we could all see quite early on Warburton didn't really have any tactical knowledge, Rather than shut games down when we were ahead he still had the whole team pushing up the field, Then looked shocked when we got caught at the back.

Yup it was all overload the attack even when in front and then picked off with 2 or 3 passes by the opposition. It was shockingly naïve at times, we were playing with the abandonment of Barcelona with players from Berwick. 

I thought Warburton had ability but lacked pragmatism about the players at his disposal. Maybe he would do a job for a rich side but I'm just glad to see the back of him now as we couldn't afford to wait on the penny to drop with him. To be fair, the shit with Barton and injuries also cost him.

Hopefully we get more bang-for-our-buck now from some of these players if it turns out Pedro is a realist. We are sure due some fortune, that's for sure. Lets hope it starts with Sunday as I could really go a win over that lot right now :guiness:

9 minutes ago, BluenoseCanuck said:

Thanks! :)

Like you would prefer to start buying some quality-that why am thinking another season or two to get those 5/6 players who make up the spine of the team.

I still think we have enough to get after that to have a decent squad

Yeah we're behind schedule as we should really have had 3 solid players of genuine Rangers calibre out of Warburton's time with us but we just don't know if there will be any long-term ones he bought. Pedro needs to spend wisely or else we are fucked. Its why I didn't want a foreigner taking over at such a crucial time for us but all we can do now is get right behind the boy and hope to fuck he's good.

6 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Yup it was all overload the attack even when in front and then picked off with 2 or 3 passes by the opposition. It was shockingly naïve at times, we were playing with the abandonment of Barcelona with players from Berwick. 

I thought Warburton had ability but lacked pragmatism about the players at his disposal. Maybe he would do a job for a rich side but I'm just glad to see the back of him now as we couldn't afford to wait on the penny to drop with him. To be fair, the shit with Barton and injuries also cost him.

Hopefully we get more bang-for-our-buck now from some of these players if it turns out Pedro is a realist. We are sure due some fortune, that's for sure. Lets hope it starts with Sunday as I could really go a win over that lot right now :guiness:

I still think even though I never rated Warburton we are in a better place than what he took over, I think with the right Manager which hopefully this guy is and with some decent buys, we could mount a better challenge.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I still think even though I never rated Warburton we are in a better place than when he took over, I think with the right Manager which hopefully this guy is and with some decent buys, we could mount a better challenge.

Yeah we are better off than what we had under Ally no doubt. Its hard to judge how far away from a challenge we are. I don't trust that table as we're much better than that suggests. With the right tactics and a few key additions we should be too strong for all the rest and close to be good enough to take the title into Old Firm showdowns. Do that and anything can happen as it becomes almost as much about grit, bottle, and sheer guts as money spent. That's the one good thing about playing in a shite league. Time-will-tell but it is logical thankfully and although I said the same thing last year, it was the madness and misfortune of Warburton and this season that beat us more than the theory or sums being wrong. As you say above though, 10 fucking million would be lovely as it would just about guarantee us a challenge if Pedro is able.