Billy Gilmour off?

Misteral

If he does go down south then for me Southampton or Tottenham would be better bets for a possible career path . They appear to be the best at bringing through young players. That's on the basis that those teams were interested in him . Still hope he stays here. 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he thinks chasing the big money is clever then tell him to chat with Danny Wilson, he headed off to Liverpool, failed and we all now how that worked out.

Anyone remember the 'next George Best', Peter Marinello?  Went to Arsenal, he was 20, 100K which was big money at the time.  Between the high-life, the drink and injuries he managed about 30 games in three years before heading to obscurity in Portsmouth. 

16 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

If he thinks chasing the big money is clever then tell him to chat with Danny Wilson, he headed off to Liverpool, failed and we all now how that worked out.

Anyone remember the 'next George Best', Peter Marinello?  Went to Arsenal, he was 20, 100K which was big money at the time.  Between the high-life, the drink and injuries he managed about 30 games in three years before heading to obscurity in Portsmouth. 

The kid will be a millionaire if he goes to Chelsea  even if he doesn't make it. However if he does make it he will be a. Multi-millionaire by the time he is 25!!!  stay at rangers he has to make it if not he will be working in a call centre by time he's 25 and if lucky playing junior that's the choice   Let's all be honest we would alll go to Chelsea we would owe it to our family it's like  a lottery win  sets him and his family up for life 

football is a tricky career a lot can happen look at Ian Durrant. Alan McLaren you grab what you can when you can as every game could be your last

On 27/03/2017 at 0:53 PM, Gillete said:

That's how I view it

he could easily get injured and never play again. Chelsea move will financially set him up forever if things don't go right. 

Cant turn down that kind of money. 

Best for both parties if he signed for them/had the first option on him and loaned him back to us

chelsea will rightfully want to decide where he goes though. 

Same thing will happen to the young lad dembele at them 

How much will he earn.I'm 45 and I reckon I'll earn around 1m in wages before I retire .

A gut this age will need 3 to 5m to set him up for life .and that's leading a normal life 

6 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

The kid will be a millionaire if he goes to Chelsea  even if he doesn't make it. However if he does make it he will be a. Multi-millionaire by the time he is 25!!!  stay at rangers he has to make it if not he will be working in a call centre by time he's 25 and if lucky playing junior that's the choice   Let's all be honest we would alll go to Chelsea we would owe it to our family it's like  a lottery win  sets him and his family up for life 

football is a tricky career a lot can happen look at Ian Durrant. Alan McLaren you grab what you can when you can as every game could be your last

So all Chelsea development players are millionaires, a bit of a stretch to believe that.  He could end up like Zelalem or Oduwa, either playing development football or out on loan, Rossiter was on the verge of the Liverpool first team till a new manager arrived, so many things can go wrong. 

Yes it's a short career but at 15 his career hasn't even started, if he was around 18 I'd say go for it but at 15 he is IMO too young and it will all end in tears.

3 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

How much will he earn.I'm 45 and I reckon I'll earn around 1m in wages before I retire .

A gut this age will need 3 to 5m to set him up for life .and that's leading a normal life 

He will earn over a million a season at Chelsea straight away  that money will be invested and the interest  would give him a very comfortable life . You are 45 so it will take you 22yrs to earn what he will get and more for 1 year +signing on fees and sponsorships!!

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

So all Chelsea development players are millionaires, a bit of a stretch to believe that.  He could end up like Zelalem or Oduwa, either playing development football or out on loan, Rossiter was on the verge of the Liverpool first team till a new manager arrived, so many things can go wrong. 

Yes it's a short career but at 15 his career hasn't even started, if he was around 18 I'd say go for it but at 15 he is IMO too young and it will all end in tears.

He will earn over 20k a week yes. The lad Feroz signed a 5 yr deal at 16 starting at 20k and now in his final year 40k he will probably be freed in summer aged 21 but he is a millionaire a few times over and he is 21!!!!!

Btw remember we are paying a 19 yr old (Rossiter) 10k a week so obviously the money Chelsea offer will be much higher he is also going to receive a huge signing on fee and he will be 16 not 15 when he goes there 

11 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

He will earn over a million a season at Chelsea straight away  that money will be invested and the interest  would give him a very comfortable life . You are 45 so it will take you 22yrs to earn what he will get and more for 1 year +signing on fees and sponsorships!!

So u reckon that Chelsea are going to offer Billy Gilmour 20k a week at 16yrs of age......i think you need a reality check on that one pal!!!!

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

So u reckon that Chelsea are going to offer Billy Gilmour 20k a week at 16yrs of age......i think you need a reality check on that one pal!!!!

Yes actually I do think they will offer that and indeed it might be more my mate Ryan Stevenson went there at 16 and was on 2500 and that was 17 yrs ago!!!!

1 minute ago, GeeSS said:

Yes actually I do think they will offer that and indeed it might be more my mate Ryan Stevenson went there at 16 and was on 2500 and that was 17 yrs ago!!!!

Chelsea were paying more years ago but their wage structure is apparently  between 1k and 8k for youth players, to say 20k for a unproven 16yr old just dosen't add up.

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Chelsea were paying more years ago but their wage structure is apparently  between 1k and 8k for youth players, to say 20k for a unproven 16yr old just dosen't add up.

So if that's what they are offering why would he go? I guarantee we will match anything in that 1-8k bracket and remember how much it costs to live in London???that money isn't life changing 

22 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Btw remember we are paying a 19 yr old (Rossiter) 10k a week so obviously the money Chelsea offer will be much higher he is also going to receive a huge signing on fee and he will be 16 not 15 when he goes there 

We are rumored to be paying Rossiter that amount, in reality, I suspect it is much less.  

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

That lifestyle is not really relevant here

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

3 years ago Chelsea were paying £20K a week for a development player called Andreas Christensen. If Gilmour isnt getting this his agent is a muppet

Apparently some lad solankie is their top earning youth.....he is 19 now and is rumoured to be a target for Liverpool at 50k a week......how many youths from 16-19 will Chelsea have.....im not sure even Romans millions would pay for such wages.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

3 years ago Chelsea were paying £20K a week for a development player called Andreas Christensen. If Gilmour isnt getting this his agent is a muppet

And where is Andreas now? hands up I have never heard of him,but  that is mental money for a kid and could possibly send the most level headed ones off in the wrong direction, its like getting all the rewards without putting in the graft.

Just now, pcbear said:

And where is Andreas now? hands up I have never heard of him,but  that is mental money for a kid and could possibly send the most level headed ones off in the wrong direction, its like getting all the rewards without putting in the graft.

in fairness mate he is at Borussia Muchenfuckbad and is a full Danish International - at 20 - and is expecting to go back to chelsea

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Apparently some lad solankie is their top earning youth.....he is 19 now and is rumoured to be a target for Liverpool at 50k a week......how many youths from 16-19 will Chelsea have.....im not sure even Romans millions would pay for such wages.

the rise and fall of Romans empire?

14 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

So if that's what they are offering why would he go? I guarantee we will match anything in that 1-8k bracket and remember how much it costs to live in London???that money isn't life changing 

If they offer him a 5yr deal at 6k a week rising every year by the time he is 20 he will be on a lot more than we can offer him at current, we might only be offering 2k a week which would still be seen as exceptional money for a 16yr old.

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

in fairness mate he is at Borussia Muchenfuckbad and is a full Danish International - at 20 - and is expecting to go back to chelsea

Just had a look there, its a two year loan which in some ways is as good as a transfer, 6 month loans are baws but two seasons makes sense, if its a road that we want to go down that's the way to do it.

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

No he won't. He's been offered around 6k p/w apparently.