• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I knew Some prick would say this and a couple of gimps would hit like 

I've covered this loads in the past, it's an absolute myth we need a strong Scottish football to pospher - look at our 2 strongest seasons in recent times the 92/93 CL season where Celtic were on their arse, the only game on TV was the Scottish cup final or Manchester final ... Scotland had been beat off Georgia and failed to qualify for a major competition yet again and the likes of Motherwell were still getting bumped out of Europe damaging our co-efficient 

There's no major benefit to be had in terms of Cracking Scottish football if we get a wee bit more in tv money I.e we still get the same amount Celtic will get ... a better tv deal won't change a thing except maybe make the rest of them outwith Rangers and Celtic a bit stronger with a wee bit more money 

do you honestly think boycotting is going to make SKY give Scottish football a better deal? Are you so brain dead that you can't see they'll just remove the deal they've already got if no one in Scotland is watching? How's that work in your one track mind when it comes to the good of the Scottish game?

typical highlander mentality here roar we're Scottish and deserve more when we don't 

the narrative here is very much about the good of our game - a game that tried to eradicate Rangers from it ... just remember that before you try to preach to me on here (same goes for the 2 dumplings who liked your comment who I thought better of too)

Your last sentence just kinda sums you up  - hate all the way along with surrender monkey attitude of 'what's the point'. 

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

Your last sentence just kinda sums you up  - hate all the way along with surrender monkey attitude of 'what's the point'. 

Hating the people that tried to kill us off and still to this day show fuck-all regard for our club and fans? yes and proud of it.

Surrender monkey? no chance. You've either ignored everything else I've said in the follow-up's or too stupid to understand my point of view. Maybe both. 

I'd boycott Sky, but I don't pay them anything, therefore no point :dance:  Just like C1872 they won't be seeing a penny of my cash.  My old windows desktop which should have been binned years ago,  running Kodi, hooked up to my telly does me fine.

The Give Them Not a Penny Loyal.  :whistle:

Just now, gsa said:

"Fair proportion of the sky money" 

eh??

sky are a business? What do you mean?

There is no such thing as "fair proportion".

They will invest the lowest amount possible that gives them rights to broadcast the games they want. 

I think you're a little confused. 

Your not getting it at all.

Just now, Corky True Legend said:

What mechanisms?

A good manager.
Good scouting network.
Sensible player recruitment. 

The other stuff I've pointed out. Did we have a good TV deal or a strong Scottish football in 1992/1993 ... or when Advocaat had us in the group stages of the Champions League close to qualification a couple of times? or when Walter took us to the UEFA Cup Final.

I do take the point that playing against better teams every week is probably more productive than playing against dross ... but I've no desire for them to get better. I want them to be on their knees and know what we went through - it's not mutually exclusive to have them all in a better place for us to do what we need to do. Absolute myth in fact. 

26 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Hating the people that tried to kill us off and still to this day show fuck-all regard for our club and fans? yes and proud of it.

Surrender monkey? no chance. You've either ignored everything else I've said in the follow-up's or too stupid to understand my point of view. Maybe both. 

Oh I CERTAINLY struggle to understand your point of view! Hate Rangers - hate scotland - hate ex players - hate current players - hate management past ( but not present - well not yet anyway) - proud to have been banned from ibrox ( alledgedly)   Twice! ( alledgedly) - you're right I CERTAINLY struggle with your point of view! 

The rights are on the open market for any broadcaster to buy, we get paid what they are worth which is little. The rights to the EPL are worth so much because people subscribe to Sky specifically for the EPL very few choose to susscribe with any provider for the SPL and few would leave their provider if the SPL was dumped. It's that simple

Oh I CERTAINLY struggle to understand your point of view! Hate Rangers - hate scotland - hate ex players - hate current players - hate management past ( but not present - well not yet anyway) - proud to have been banned from ibrox ( alledgedly)   Twice! ( alledgedly) - you're right I CERTAINLY struggle with your point of view! 

:lol: your not even close. It's only Scotland I hate ... and McCoist. 

34 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You could cut the sexual tension here with a knife.

39 minutes ago, B1872 said:

They should let us do our own deals. Just out of interest how many people would they need to sign up for SPL TV to make it work? Say £10 a month.

SPL TV or anyone else are free to bid, there's a reason they don't 

Just now, AlCapone said:

The rights are on the open market for any broadcaster to buy, we get paid what they are worth which is little. The rights to the EPL are worth so much because people subscribe to Sky specifically for the EPL very few choose to susscribe with any provider for the SPL and few would leave their provider if the SPL was dumped. It's that simple

Why do people  subscribe to sky for the epl? Have a think.

I'll remind you of that as you post your vitriol About  others - shouldn't take to long. 

Provided you don't confused me saying someones out of order/being a dick/don't like someone with actual hate.

There's a difference. 

But I know the minute anything negative is said you'll be in there going HATE HATE HATE regardless. 

50 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Let's be honest there won't be a massive boycott of sky because when most guys go to their Mrs and say "I'm cancelling the telly " their gonna be told to fucking sit down and shut up 

Aye, In your case you would probably either starve or cost you a fortune in take-away's going by your post in the Masterchef thread?

No doubt the Taigs dont care about the lack of money.

They get their by into Europe each year - with their main competition relegated down to the bottom tier. Less money for other teams from TV has meant less competition for them.