Rangers new SLO...

Debian

18 minutes ago, thehost said:

His auld fella can lend him the microphone and young greg can tell us all what to sing.

Maybe one day some cunt will get a job without any tie ins t this current, repugnant regime.

Pedro did.

He's gonna be a fall guy in 12 to 18 months right enough.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I don't know about Greg's qualifications for the role, but there's no doubt he's a Rangers fan so I wish him all the best in the job. There's no reason he shouldn't have gone for it, and now he's got it I hope it works out well for him and the fans.

That said, it does smack a bit of cronyism, but maybe he was the best applicant for the job.

21 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

There's absoluty no mention or suggestion in the job description that the role will do that. 

Its a mandatory UEFA role yeah so surely we can't just pick bits out of their job description for the SLO that the board like and do it our own way? Kinda defeats the purpose of it.

15 minutes ago, bluepeter said:

Well, I don't know about Greg's qualifications for the role, but there's no doubt he's a Rangers fan so I wish him all the best in the job. There's no reason he shouldn't have gone for it, and now he's got it I hope it works out well for him and the fans.

That said, it does smack a bit of cronyism, but maybe he was the best applicant for the job.

A lassie from our bus got to the final interview stage. There was also a journo at the last stage. He's a bear but I won't name him just incase. Can't mind who the last one was but there was four left at the end 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

A lassie from our bus got to the final interview stage. There was also a journo at the last stage. He's a bear but I won't name him just incase. Can't mind who the last one was but there was four left at the end 

Ralston.?

Dont really have an issue with this, he resigned his role at 1872 a long time ago, he is obviously a Rangers man. So good luck to him. 

Would people rather would appointed anti-Rangers folk everywhere. He seems genuine enough to me, although I admit I dont know him personally.

31 minutes ago, The Dude said:

To compliment someone, often insincerely  to boost their ego or opinion of you. 

Fair enough I suppose mate .... but wrong nevertheless.

When working with people in my time, the term "he needs smoke blown up his arse" literally meant the opposite of your interpretation and had nothing to do do with sucking up to them.

I was reliably informed by a Canadian friend of mine, who was a volunteer fire fighter in his home town ... that the expression was first used to express what it would need for some people (firemen obviously) to realise that the situation was serious and the need to be alert was required to reduce risk ..... it has now been adopted to cover other walks of life .... similar to our .... "he needs a stiff kick on the arse".... to get him moving.

Incidentally ... I have only heard people I have come into contact with in my working and social life who come from America and Canada use this term frequently.

It has been a rare occurrence that I have heard it used by anyone from the UK or any other nationality ... SIMA is the first person from here (Right here) whom I have come across who uses the term .... incorrectly in my opinion .... though I do know what he was trying to convey ..... and his later choice (sookin' boaby) was more apt ....  as Greg has never actually criticised DK ... the exact opposite has been his stance ... :p:

:UK:

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

When working with people in my time, the term "he needs smoke blown up his arse" literally meant the opposite of your interpretation and had nothing to do do with sucking up to them.

I was reliably informed by a Canadian friend of mine, who was a volunteer fire fighter in his home town ... that the expression was first used to express what it would need for some people (firemen obviously) to realise that the situation was serious and the need to be alert was required to reduce risk ..... it has now been adopted to cover other walks of life .... similar to our .... "he needs a stiff kick on the arse".... to get him moving.

Incidentally ... I have only heard people I have come into contact with in my working and social life who come from America and Canada use this term frequently.

It has been a rare occurrence that I have heard it used by anyone from the UK or any other nationality ... SIMA is the first person from here (Right here) whom I have come across who uses the term .... incorrectly in my opinion .... though I do know what he was trying to convey ..... and his later choice (sookin' boaby) was more apt ....  as Greg has never actually criticised DK ... the exact opposite has been his stance ... :p:

I've always known it to mean compliment someone, say how great they are, etc.

1 hour ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Fuckin scooby doo would have a field day at ibrox unmasking all these creepy bastards. All we need now is houston in a blazer and david murray to appear through the back door and finally we will all see how we have been taken for mugs.

You're saying you need David Murray to appear through your back door... Fair enough, good on you. 

11 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

You must be the only two folk in the world to use it in that manner. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/gizmodo.com/blowing-smoke-up-your-ass-used-to-be-literal-1578620709/amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.rawstory.com/2016/05/doctors-used-to-literally-blow-smoke-up-your-ass-with-18th-century-medical-treatment/amp/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3Fterm%3Dblowing%20smoke%20up%20your%20ass%26amp%3Dtrue

Just now, bluepeter said:

I've always known it to mean compliment someone, say how great they are, etc.

I first heard the expression 40 years ago mate and have no reason to discount the meaning of the phrase related to me.

I also have no problem with other peoples' ... let's say ... "alternative interpretation" .... as it kind of makes sense ... but to use your own words Peter "I have always known it to mean" the opposite of what you take it to mean mate ... :p:

At the close of day what does it really matter in the greater scheme of life?