*** The Official Rangers vs Partick Thistle Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

2-0 good result lads onwards to the filth SF win that one AND the cup then overall (with this side mind!) an ok-ish, just about, 1st year back. But no fucking about next year in a will we/wont we 2nd place bollox with sheep/hivs or whoever. Ove to you Pedro get some in!!

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry McKay?? What's he playing at...did not look one bit interested.!..however thought everyone else played really well...and the 2nd half was a super performance...keep it going..big improvements in defence ?

On 4/11/2017 at 9:05 AM, Valance1690 said:

Agreed that it's a relief we get changes but Pedro does seem to be a fan of the 3 forward, can see Waghorn, Miller & Dodoo starting on Saturday 

Same midfield and defence if Hill isn't fit.

The midfield played great I thought, what a difference when you loose the ball tackle and get it back again works most of the time. 

10 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Did it finish 2-0?   My dads dog got really ill and I had to take it to the vet, she didn't make it.

I missed the last 15 or so mins.

Does he want mine? He's doing my fucking nut in just now. 

In all seroiusness, sorry to hear about that. Pets leave a big hole in your life.

1 hour ago, tm91 said:

Bates, Tavernier, Beerman all good, Danny Wilson strolled it, Jason Holt probably man of the match. Toral, Hyndman - some great goals, that second one was well sexy. Kenny Miller was seemingly everywhere. Everyone at least decent except McKay - he genuinely looked out of it today. Good win. We look far more defensively solid - already seeing improvement under Pedro. Good job Rangers!

Spot on. My thoughts exactly.

Beerman and Bates are doing fantastically well.

Amazing to see how much more solid we are at the back. I used to shit myself whenever a team came at us but recently that hasn't been the case at all.

Much happier with the team as a whole. I still dread to think how we would fair without Miller, who is still remarkably talented for his age. He puts Waghorn to shame.

10 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Did it finish 2-0?   My dads dog got really ill and I had to take it to the vet, she didn't make it.

Does he want mine? He's doing my fucking nut in just now. 

In all seroiusness, sorry to hear about that. Pets leave a big hole in your life.

2 hours ago, Darth Bear said:

Nae bother and I don't want to hear excuses like you've lost your keys running for the bus 

Have some munchies for the ride up annaw and a bottle of irn bru tae smash over yer heid

Where were you Darth? 

I went n got petrol n everything for the journey ffs

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

We actually look like a team and the players look happy. Not seen that so much this season. Cheers Pedro, onwards and upwards sir

Said that to my husband. I felt the team were more teamlike! They were giving each other pats on the back, low fives, Danny Wilson was applauding the youngsters when they did well. It was great to see!

Beerman, Hyndman and Holt were excellent today.  The young guy looks a real prospect. From where I was sitting in the Main Stand, McKay looked to be hiding.  No movement, didn't want the ball and did absolutely nothing with it when he had it.  Really glad to see that the manager acted on this at half-time.  McKay needs to leave in the summer. Forest? 

1 hour ago, Rfcni said:

Barry McKay?? What's he playing at...did not look one bit interested.!..however thought everyone else played really well...and the 2nd half was a super performance...keep it going..big improvements in defence ?

I don't know if he wasn't interested. I thought he was having a bad day at the office. I felt that PT had done their homework on McKay and he always had at least 2 on him.  When he was trying to flick the ball past their player where he is usually fast enough to pick it up again, well today he wasn't getting that chance because there was always someone else at the side of him to pick the ball up. Just my opinion mind!

54 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Oh that's a shame. They're part of the family, and when a dog dies it's just like losing a family member.

My dog died a good few years ago, and I've never replaced her.?

24 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I don't know if he wasn't interested. I thought he was having a bad day at the office. I felt that PT had done their homework on McKay and he always had at least 2 on him.  When he was trying to flick the ball past their player where he is usually fast enough to pick it up again, well today he wasn't getting that chance because there was always someone else at the side of him to pick the ball up. Just my opinion mind!

I think you are being too generous towards McKay.  Dodoo faced the same defence in the second half, and he took them apart. 

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Barrie Mckay was an absolute disgrace today.

Never tried a leg and looked like he'd rather be anywhere else.

Should be out the door in summer.

Only good thing him about him was he got rid of they green boots!

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Where were you Darth? 

I went n got petrol n everything for the journey ffs

Look I've dropped bigger cunts than you running for the bus and I'm ready now justhad to batter some phone stealing fucker 

Meet you outsideTescos in ten

19 minutes ago, jintybear said:

True!

McKay's a frustrating character.  He plays really well about one game in six, so it's clear that he has something, but he lacks any kind of consistency, and I think he just reached his level and isn't moving on to the next stage.  He has had plenty of chances with two managers now. 

Just now, Trooblue said:

McKay's a frustrating character.  He plays really well about one game in six, so it's clear that he has something, but he lacks any kind of consistency, and I think he just reached his level and isn't moving on to the next stage.  He has had plenty of chances with two managers now. 

I honestly think Warburton will come in for him and take him to Forrest. I think this might hinder McKay in the long run. I think, if he is willing, he could learn from Pedro and may well improve. But he must be willing