Pedro's transfer budget,where is it coming from

10 hours ago, A.T.G said:

We will be back mate, soon we will be back to beating the other teams every week, simply because we have the second biggest budget. We are absolutely shite yet we are still 3rd.The rest of Scotland will forever be pish.

Then the only difference will be the head to heads against the scum. They will eventually get it wrong, like every other team sitting at the top has done over the years.

I can't take anyone serious when they think that Celtic will win the league and nobody will ever win it, again.

This is the reality. However shite we are just now, we're still reaching semi finals and in European places, which suggests to me that we only need to get it right once, and we're back in it.

I admire your confidence mate, I just can't see it happening this time. 

I remember the early 80's like it was yesterday, nothing was changing until some money was thrown at the problem. 

This time it will take a whole lot more money, hopefully I'm wrong and it all suddenly goes right but I'm not holding my breath. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I remember the early 80's like it was yesterday, nothing was changing until some money was thrown at the problem. 

This time it will take a whole lot more money, hopefully I'm wrong and it all suddenly goes right but I'm not holding my breath. 

Don't get me wrong mate, I don't think we can just turn up and win the league because we are Rangers. I just believe the rest of Scottish football is so bad that we are still the only real option in this country for players who will want to play in Europe. Had this actually been the 80s where other Scottish teams were filling stadia, nurturing the best Scottish talent and top class managers like Ferguson and McLean then I would have to share your concern.

This has to be the worst Rangers team I can remember yet we are sitting 3rd. It doesn't take a lot to beat the rest of the shite. Quite often leagues are won outwith old firm games, that's what the scum fail to remember. I'll let them enjoy their dominance just now because in their back of their minds they just know it's only a matter of time.

3 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

Don't get me wrong mate, I don't think we can just turn up and win the league because we are Rangers. I just believe the rest of Scottish football is so bad that we are still the only real option in this country for players who will want to play in Europe. Had this actually been the 80s where other Scottish teams were filling stadia, nurturing the best Scottish talent and top class managers like Ferguson and McLean then I would have to share your concern.

This has to be the worst Rangers team I can remember yet we are sitting 3rd. It doesn't take a lot to beat the rest of the shite. Quite often leagues are won outwith old firm games, that's what the scum fail to remember. I'll let them enjoy their dominance just now because in their back of their minds they just know it's only a matter of time.

Agreed mate, but how long do you think we will put up with beating the sheep by 10/12 points but 15/18 behind them with the occasional season where we get within single figures. 

As I said I hope I'm wrong, but it's the only future I can see as we stand today. 

I also don't think that Euro football is the draw it used to be, CL maybe if we could  get to the group stages but other than that it's all about the wages. 

1 hour ago, A.T.G said:

From the players to the stadium we are in decline and if the rot isn't stopped both on and off the park, it will be terminal.

Only success on the park will lever the business to a healthier footing, but to do that there does need to be significant front end investment and with this board it just isn't happening.

Due to the lack of funding from the board and lack of revenue from other wealth creating streams, the  business is largely dependent on the fans for revenue. That's all well and good, but the current goodwill and loyalty has a shelf life if value for money is not returned. We also remain to stay in business through loans. This season has been a disaster and give it one more season of this and the number of ST sales will plummet and with this board, I'm afraid we will be put to the wall. We also have two court actions, one of which could put us to the wall even before then.

From the outside looking in, we are far from being in a healthy state and being on life support would be an accurate description.

I would also hazard to guess that if ST sales drop by 20% for next season, that this board will be having serious doubts in funding the gap and this may result in no additional money for transfers and a reduction in squad numbers and that would be my best scenario.

There is no point in getting ahead of ourselves until we fix what is clearly broken. We need to face the reality of our predicament. However, this also leads me to question the motives as to why this board are clearly not doing so, but I do have my personal view of exactly what they are doing.

So for me, I have no expectation of our current circumstances improving, unless this board come clean and take the clear and transparent action needed in at least starting to reverse our decline.

37 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

From the players to the stadium we are in decline and if the rot isn't stopped both on and off the park, it will be terminal.

Only success on the park will lever the business to a healthier footing, but to do that there does need to be significant front end investment and with this board it just isn't happening.

Due to the lack of funding from the board and lack of revenue from other wealth creating streams, the  business is largely dependent on the fans for revenue. That's all well and good, but the current goodwill and loyalty has a shelf life if value for money is not returned. We also remain to stay in business through loans. This season has been a disaster and give it one more season of this and the number of ST sales will plummet and with this board, I'm afraid we will be put to the wall. We also have two court actions, one of which could put us to the wall even before then.

From the outside looking in, we are far from being in a healthy state and being on life support would be an accurate description.

I would also hazard to guess that if ST sales drop by 20% for next season, that this board will be having serious doubts in funding the gap and this may result in no additional money for transfers and a reduction in squad numbers and that would be my best scenario.

There is no point in getting ahead of ourselves until we fix what is clearly broken. We need to face the reality of our predicament. However, this also leads me to question the motives as to why this board are clearly not doing so, but I do have my personal view of exactly what they are doing.

So for me, I have no expectation of our current circumstances improving, unless this board come clean and take the clear and transparent action needed in at least starting to reverse our decline.

And what court case exactly is it that's putting us to the wall? Or is that just scaremongering pish.

18 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Season ticket money 

15 million in season ticket money (based on 40k holders) 

10-12 for the clubs wage bill and 3 million on transfers 

fag packet math granted but these cunts are amateurs after all 

Is that figure not before tax?  We'd have 20% of that sailing off to number 11 Downing Street. 

Whatever, from season ticket money we have to cover all wages of the club, all running costs so that wont leave much for buying or recruiting the number of players we need.  I don't think we take that much from sponsorship. TV money up here is a joke and that fat fucker Ashley has our merchandise profits tied up so we need to get him away to fuck.  I think the board are counting on a wee Euro adventure to boost the pot.

1 hour ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

And what court case exactly is it that's putting us to the wall? Or is that just scaremongering pish.

You need to get up earlier, or just try the BR.

It's the SD breach of contract action for damages against king, mini and Rangers. On it's first hearing for application to proceed, the judge indeed allowed the action to go forward and to summarise our defence, it went along the lines of....and the fans didn't like it.

Doesn't bode well on the papers lodged and on the Judges summation. If SD as expected win, we could be up for damages that this pot less for us board could not or will not pay, with the consequence of foreclosure. 

I would also hazard to guess that T3B will throw king under the bus just as they did with the concerty party action, to try and limit the damage to Rangers. King has failed to implement the TOP judgement handed down, which could also have seious consequences for us as a going concern.

If Pedro isn't backed by the board I have a feeling he and his backroom team will quit. He has been promised money to bring in his own players and to offload the duds he doesn't want that are not good enough. In the next 8 weeks will make or break the Club and the Board. 

The manager's transfer budget should be whatever money the club has made and allocated for players, and that's the way it should always have been.

If people don't like that, go support Man City/Chelsea.

10 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That's true but different. Then, Scottish football was decent with Aberdeen and Dundee united winning the league and making it to the final/winning European trophies. The league was competitive. We may be suffering and Aberdeen getting a load of plaudits but they are still 27 points behind. It will take some money, there's no denying that, but that money has to be smart. Getting second should be straightforward. Closing the gap should be straightforward, but winning the league takes doggedness and togetherness. Only consistently winning does that.