Pedro says new signings are close

RFC55

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

There's no doubt about the fact that who he signs in this upcoming window will define how well he does here. He will not be given time to make too many mistakes; I just hope he understands that.

I've just seen nothing from him that gives me any confidence but he can start by trying to get a performance against a shit hearts who have embarrassed pump us twice at their midden. I hope it's not another horror show against them.

10 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

1 hour ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Think that's in England. Our opens start of June I think. 

54 minutes ago, West_Side said:

The Summer transfer window in Scotland opens on the 6th of June, according to Wikipedia.

Happy days! :tu:

Pedro you'd better get the finger out and sign them in time for pre-season so we're ready to take the Europa League by storm!

1 minute ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Happy days! :tu:

Pedro you'd better get the finger out and sign them in time for pre-season so we're ready to take the Europa League by storm!

In an ideal world I would like the majority of our business to be done in those couple of weeks . But being rangers life can never be so simple :lol:

This transfer window is huge, if we fuck this one up then its pretty much 10 in the bag for them I think. Still not convinced by Pedro, but it's happening so just need to put some faith in him. 

Just hope we don't end up with a power of foreign misfits who chuck it when the going gets tough. Hopefully some homegrown type players get signed who know the script playing for us, get a good mix of the 2 and we should be ok 

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I've just seen nothing from him that gives me any confidence but he can start by trying to get a performance against a shit hearts who have embarrassed pump us twice at their midden. I hope it's not another horror show against them.

He needs backing as well, and I hope with the right backing he'll do well. I'm like you, I'm not convinced...so far. As you alluded to earlier, I hope we are both wrong.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

He needs backing as well, and I hope with the right backing he'll do well. I'm like you, I'm not convinced...so far. As you alluded to earlier, I hope we are both wrong.

Yes it's the boards choice and they can't hang him out to dry by not giving him money regardless of how he's performed since he got here. Your right this window is crucial for him.

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Yes it's the boards choice and they can't hang him out to dry by not giving him money regardless of how he's performed since he got here. Your right this window is crucial for him.

This window is crucial for us. 

Just need to hope for the best 

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/988238/pedro-caixinha-reveals-rangers-are-already-closing-in-on-new-signings-as-he-begins-ibrox-revamp/

The Portuguese coach told Rangers TV: “We are dealing and negotiating with players.

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news, transfers and goals from Scottish football plus fixtures, results and live match commentary

“We already have some of the players that are out of competition and are already on vacation.

“One important thing is all of those players are really keen to come and play for Rangers.

“It is not a question of them seeing what happens if maybe they have other options

All of them want to come and I know them as well. I appreciate all the efforts and work these players are doing to come here to us.

“So it is a question of getting the deals done and then making the announcements.”

We need it done early. Going by the wording he uses this sounds like guys from his last club/league.

So there IS light at the end of this tunnel?

2 minutes ago, The Tavernator said:

So there IS light at the end of this tunnel?

Who knows. Depends on the signings. 

He obviously wants player who can play "his system" which is fair enough. But the problem is that is "his system" going to work in Scotland and for Rangers? 

We will find out soon enough 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I've no doubt they are close (the signings) it's the standard that we end up getting that concerns me. 

We've been linked with some decent players but also some shite and some unknowns that don't really fill me with optimism. 

Hopefully we've a few gems lined up. I don't ever want to see the likes of Kiernan, Wilson, Holt, Halliday, Waghorn, O'Halloran and pretty much the rest of them in a Rangers shirt again.

Agree about the standards needing to be right.How many times on here though have we banged on about needing someone who knows a wider network of leagues.Someone who can unearth unknown gems from abroad at sensible prices rather than overpriced journeymen from the UK.Hopefully this may be the case here.A mixture of tried and tested players we have heard of with some exciting prospects we haven't.Can but hope but trying to stay optimistic.

2 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Agree about the standards needing to be right.How many times on here though have we banged on about needing someone who knows a wider network of leagues.Someone who can unearth unknown gems from abroad at sensible prices rather than overpriced journeymen from the UK.Hopefully this may be the case here.A mixture of tried and tested players we have heard of with some exciting prospects we haven't.Can but hope but trying to stay optimistic.

Sounds good in principle mate. Maybe I'm being unfair but can't shake the gut feeling of Pedro bringing in all these guys he knows from South America and the Gulf-states and they're all clowns some of them maybe even the worst players we've ever seen.

I know I shouldn't but can't shake the idea from my head.

I'd imagine most of the names we will be linked with over the next couple of weeks will be pretty much unknown to most tbh. 

Just need to have faith in Pedro. I certainly don't think he will under estimate the game in Scotland, I just don't think he will be able to  grind out wins etc consistently enough to win the title, with average players from foreign leagues 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Sounds good in principle mate. Maybe I'm being unfair but can't shake the gut feeling of Pedro bringing in all these guys he knows from South America and the Gulf-states and they're all clowns some of them maybe even the worst players we've ever seen.

I'm the same mate. Can see us in 18 months time having the exact same scenario we are in the now, but with a load of foreign shite, opposed to English league 2 shite 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Not surprised you can't shake the idea.Think the majority of us feel the same after this season.My hope is Pedro has a different mentality to MW and will demand more from his squad.If he can source the right players with similar standards and mentality then that's already more than our current squad possess!

2 hours ago, Tom0411 said:

Tinis is getting like deja vu eall over again. How many times have we heard it.

Its the world we live INit IT used to be we read papers IN the morning to see whats going on and who have looked at, the manager would have sat having a coffee with 3 or 4 hacks and sorted IT, now they have someone at them from tv, radio, press, INternet some Red Indian that send out smoke sgnals plus the clubs own media . Every minute of the day we want news.

As few have said this transfer window is huge. I cannot believe the standard of player MW brought in, he did not realise how difficult the task he was taking on obviously and could not have listened to anything DW said (if he said anything).

Will Pedro get his signings right ? I have no idea, but we need some really good additions for us to have any chance in the EUROPA qualifiers and to challenge the beasts from the east (and the :aberdeen:). We can only hope he gets his main targets because I think that will be really important.

Strap yourselves in because the next few weeks will no doubt be a rough old ride I think. :ride:  

47 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Who knows. Depends on the signings. 

He obviously wants player who can play "his system" which is fair enough. But the problem is that is "his system" going to work in Scotland and for Rangers? 

We will find out soon enough 

Don't stand in my light, dude!