Pedro's mini league...

graeme_4

Interesting stat but pointless ultimately.

This forum is split into 3 groups. The first group wanted Pedro out 5 minutes after he walked through the door, the second won't want him out even if we find ourselves in 8th place next season whilst the third group are those prepared to give him a window or two with his own players and see where we are this time next year.

This stat won't do anything to change anyone's mind.

7 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

What is? Weighing up all the available evidence and forming an opinion based on it? 

You clearly haven't weighed up all the available evidence, as you seem to have ignored the fact he has to work with an absolute shitter of a squad that he didn't put together, the fact he's only been working in the country for a month and a half, and the fact he's not had the chance to bring in his own players. 

Well we have played 8 league games along with the sheep whilst the taigs have had 7 and we would be level with them but behind in goal difference by 7 and with them having a game in hand. We would be ahead of the sheep by 2 as they have suffered 3 defeats to our two draws and loss.

P    W    D    L   F    A    GD   Pts

Taigs       7     5     2    0   22  8     16    17

Us           8     5     2    1   15  8      7     17

Sheep     8     5     0    3   15 10     5     15

2 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Well we have played 8 league games along with the sheep whilst the taigs have had 7 and we would be level with them but behind in goal difference by 7 and with them having a game in hand. We would be ahead of the sheep by 2 as they have suffered 3 defeats to our two draws and loss.

There you go. Knew there'd be a sad enough bastard out there.

Took time out from penning songs about SunnyD and rum to give us the breakdown. 

Compare it to Warburton's first 8 SPL games and not going to bother with format but it would be Taigs 23, Sheep 15 and us on 12. The argument also would be that the squad was stronger then at the start

11 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

You clearly haven't weighed up all the available evidence, as you seem to have ignored the fact he has to work with an absolute shitter of a squad that he didn't put together, the fact he's only been working in the country for a month and a half, and the fact he's not had the chance to bring in his own players. 

The last two points are not evidence. They are the opposite of evidence, they are the unknown. I fully accept the first one, but then a rookie youth coach took the same shitter of a squad to the piggery and got a draw.

What does count as evidence is his relatively poor track record which spans 3 continents and several years. As well as the fact that in order for us to sign him, he was clearly a cheap option, and you get what you pay for. Unless, of course, you think our board have pulled of a stroke of recruitment genius? Seems unlikely to me, personally.

I'd like nothing more than for him to prove me wrong, but if I'm being honest I just can't see it.

51 minutes ago, gj923 said:

38 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Compare it to Warburton's first 8 SPL games and not going to bother with format but it would be Taigs 23, Sheep 15 and us on 12. The argument also would be that the squad was stronger then at the start

Good work!

37 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

The last two points are not evidence. They are the opposite of evidence, they are the unknown. I fully accept the first one, but then a rookie youth coach took the same shitter of a squad to the piggery and got a draw.

What does count as evidence is his relatively poor track record which spans 3 continents and several years. As well as the fact that in order for us to sign him, he was clearly a cheap option, and you get what you pay for. Unless, of course, you think our board have pulled of a stroke of recruitment genius? Seems unlikely to me, personally.

I'd like nothing more than for him to prove me wrong, but if I'm being honest I just can't see it.

I know you haven't said this, but it boggles my mind when it's suggested he's done nothing in management. He only really started his managerial career in 2010 and in seven years he's developed year upon year. His stint in Qatar can be written off as far as I'm concerned because it was a money grab opportunity and the league is terrible.

His time in Portugal is hardly a failure by any means, and even if we were to scrutinise his performance there particularly strongly, his achievements in Mexico more than make up for it. Liga MX is a standard above a number of European leagues nevermind the SPFL, and he left there with 3 major titles and having reached the CONCACAF Champions League Final.

With regards to his performance at Rangers so far, the 5-1 defeat is obviously unacceptable, and he must take responsibility alongside this squad of cowards for that, however the implication that Murty is somehow more capable is nonsense. His result at Parkhead is an anomaly. If we're going to point at his ability to draw against Celtic with this team of imposters, then Caixinha's ability to horse Aberdeen away from home and beat Hearts surely impresses more than Murty's losses to Inverness and Dundee. The performances of this squad have been shite under three different managers. Therein lies the problem.

He needs his own players, a full pre-season to bed in his own tactics, and significant backing from the board before he can be labelled a "dud".

He is quite right to judge only his time here. However, I have not seen a lot of signs that would show me this could be continued, plus he git both old firm games drastically wrong.

Hopefully with his own additions and the board backing him, we can continue to get results and actually compete wi these cunts.