Rangers FC v Coleraine FC on RTV

Having watched the game this morning on RTV, Kranjcar looked excellent. Can't really say too much because of what we were up against, but it is perhaps the sort of level we could come up against in the qualifiers for the Europa League.

Niko's passes out wide to Tavernier were superb in the first 30-45 minutes though.

19 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Having watched the game this morning on RTV, Kranjcar looked excellent. Can't really say too much because of what we were up against, but it is perhaps the sort of level we could come up against in the qualifiers for the Europa League.

Niko's passes out wide to Tavernier were superb in the first 30-45 minutes though.

Its still a big if, but if we can get him fit he could be a massive player for us. On the ball he is real quality.

15 minutes ago, Marky. said:

also watched it this morning and as you and others have said, not much you can take from the game due to the level of opposition. Interestingly players like Tav, McKay, Holt, Halliday, looked decent, much like they did against Championship teams.

Niko was playing a different game from everyone else, I will be kind and say there was a great deal of economy about his movement. given time and space he is a world beater. But he won't get time and space against better teams. If we can find a way to play where he has that luxury role and the others do the hard yards for him then he will tear open defences

Cant say too much about the defence as they didn't have too much to do but even so there was a few times that the opposition got through on goal 

In summary, first pre-season game that will allow the players to get to know each other and try and get Pedro's ideas baked in

5 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

One thing you can take from that a fully fit Kranjcar can be an immense player for Rangers this season.

on his day and with some decent run of form behind him I think he could be just as effective in the league as mendes 

18 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Its still a big if, but if we can get him fit he could be a massive player for us. On the ball he is real quality.

Yeah, in Europe he could definitely unlock defences, especially with more time to use the ball. Fear the worst when teams come flying at him in the domestic games though.

18 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

also watched it this morning and as you and others have said, not much you can take from the game due to the level of opposition. Interestingly players like Tav, McKay, Holt, Halliday, looked decent, much like they did against Championship teams.

Niko was playing a different game from everyone else, I will be kind and say there was a great deal of economy about his movement. given time and space he is a world beater. But he won't get time and space against better teams. If we can find a way to play where he has that luxury role and the others do the hard yards for him then he will tear open defences

Cant say too much about the defence as they didn't have too much to do but even so there was a few times that the opposition got through on goal 

In summary, first pre-season game that will allow the players to get to know each other and try and get Pedro's ideas baked in

Yeah I thought Holt took the ball forward well, and Halliday didn't miss a beat in the midfield. Fair play to them for that game, but in context it means nothing. I do think we are much more likely to see Holt feature in the first team than Halliday though.

The quality of Kranjcar is undeniable. Still think he could be a really big player for us this season. 2 great runs from O'Halloran in there too, there's definitely a player in there somewhere but I'll still be surprised if he's here by the end of the window

1 hour ago, Marky. said:

When you play players of this standard you double the chances of bad injuries.

28 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

19 minutes ago, Smile said:

http://rangersfc.org/index.php?dn=news&to=art&id=2113

Yep here the highlights for nothing about 15 minutes.

Thanks boys I have the full package as I'm a mug - most of the content is baws (few gems), but this is class. Really surprised they recorded game.