Goodbye Garner

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was very, very vocal in my criticism throughout the season; he was an over-aggressive, ankle-wrestler.

Waghorn (Another I've been critical of) out-scored him and cost a tenth of the price, but Garner had a song and Waghorn was booed on occasion.

However, looking back on the whole thing, I just feel gutted. I remember when we signed him; it was almost like the icing on the cake after Barton, Kranjcar, Rossiter, etc. We were going for 55 and things were looking positive.

All the best to him at Ipswich; a move best for both us and for him.

Not sorry to see him go. Aye, a battler - fair dues for that - but it all it takes is battling and badge thumping then any ned off the streets could be wearing our jersey. Best of luck to him elsewhere; please God let Waghorn follow him out the door.

8 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I'd suggest zip 

It's just to show face 

To be fees being reported as undisclosed are pretty common and the media usually manage to get a rough idea of what it is

Obviously won't get back what we paid for him but I'd be surprised if it was nothing