This needs to stop

2 hours ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

@ palacerigg with the kids. My boy is the only one with a rangers strip on. Seen 5 wee boys with celtic tops on.

I fear we may have lost a generation 

Take it on the chin mate 

We still have 50,000 bears and some that turn up while times are difficult 

When I see these poor wee boys .I pity them .Twist of fate means they are little beggars forever .Poor wee fellas

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Take it on the chin mate 

We still have 50,000 bears and some that turn up while times are difficult 

When I see these poor wee boys .I pity them .Twist of fate means they are little beggars forever .Poor wee fellas

And at risk 

50 minutes ago, jackunion said:

My wee boy is the only bear in his class, few of them turned judas this season as well. 

And no it's not a tarrier school.

So they went from supporting us to officially never being a supporter of any club ever again.

When you change your team you lose the right to support anyone in my opinion, including the club you started at.

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

So they went from supporting us to officially never being a supporter of any club ever again.

When you change your team you lose the right to support anyone in my opinion, including the club you started at.

It's pathetic.

Grew up with a boy that supported the sheep then us and now man utd.

Fucking goon 

Taking to some 'lapsed' Rangers fans in my work, their kids are all wearing Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea strips.  Clearly, the success and high profile of these teams on tv is the main driving factor but modern day political correctness and the associated negative press against our team also seems to be becoming an issue.

1 minute ago, Ibroxholm said:

Taking to some 'lapsed' Rangers fans in my work, their kids are all wearing Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea strips.  Clearly, the success and high profile of these teams on tv is the main driving factor but modern day political correctness and the associated negative press against our team also seems to be becoming an issue.

My son has Barca and Madrid. Still wears our tops too 

Just now, Ibroxholm said:

I don't think the negative press that our support gets will ever have a real impact on our club gaining supporters.

The shite football in Scotland is the only issue we have imo.

This club will always get supporters as most of the support comes from the PUL community, even if some don't want to accept that. Our support for the most part is gained by families passing it down through generations. We're never going to gain many fans through the quality of football nowadays unfortunately, no matter how "politically correct" we could become. 

55 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

Didn't even know they were playing. Is two of our players on the bench? Oh and one for Mexico? Checking on livescore. Not sure as it's hard to keep up the now and remember names ??

I'm not even sure mate, just came in and watched the last half hour.

Just now, Queen's_highway said:

My son has Barca and Madrid. Still wears our tops too 

Pleased to hear it. Unfortunately, can't say the same for those in my work.  Disappointed me that guys who supported Rangers in the past, would now be happy to steer their kids away from supporting us.

Was at a nieces wedding about 10 year ago and was out for a smoke,got to talking with this prick who belonged to Ayr who said he "used to support killie till he found his way to paradise" says me flicking my fag away and saying as venomous as I could "that sounds just like the thing a fucking 5 year old girl would do" and walked away looking the tramp in the eye.
Every time I went out for a smoke after that he was out like a shot hoping to wind me up and maybe even like to give me a slap ,but!!!! he ended up fuckin squirming with envy he wasn't a Proud Prod,and not worried by a scabby cunt who would jump sides at 25 years of age.

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I don't think the negative press that our support gets will ever have a real impact on our club gaining supporters.

The shite football in Scotland is the only issue we have imo.

This club will always get supporters as most of the support comes from the PUL community, even if some don't want to accept that. Our support for the most part is gained by families passing it down through generations. We're never going to gain many fans through the quality of football nowadays unfortunately, no matter how "politically correct" we could become. 

good post...over here as you know it is all about the EPL now....outside working class PUL and Republican areas nobody gives a fuck about Scottish Football.

Man United and Liverpool have 10 times the support that Rangers or Celtic have in Northern Ireland

5 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

good post...over here as you know it is all about the EPL now....outside working class PUL and Republican areas nobody gives a fuck about Scottish Football.

Man United and Liverpool have 10 times the support that Rangers or Celtic have in Northern Ireland

Easily. 

Actually noticing a lot of Man City fans popping up now too which was to be expected but always confuses me that someone has either changed club or hasn't had a club right up until very recently. 

I knew 1 City fan before they started winning things.

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Easily. 

Actually noticing a lot of Man City fans popping up now too which was to be expected but always confuses me that someone has either changed club or hasn't had a club right up until very recently. 

I knew 1 City fan before they started winning things.

I saw a guy in Bangor last summer with a Leicester City top on he was a local ffs.My dad founded the first Rangers supporters club here in Bangor 1970 by the mid 90s there were 3 supporters clubs...back down to one again.Leeds by the way have a big following over here,especially in North Down. When I had my bar you would get a sizable crowd in to watch Rangers games..Liverpool or United the place was crammed

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

I have a few teachers in my family and this isn't a one off thing but actually happening in non Dom schools. 

When i was primary 7 my teacher used to bring in her guitar and sing to us, wasn't till years later I learned she was singing us loyalist songs.:mutley:

22 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Pleased to hear it. Unfortunately, can't say the same for those in my work.  Disappointed me that guys who supported Rangers in the past, would now be happy to steer their kids away from supporting us.

They were never fans then. Just glory hunters. Deserve a good doing imo 

48 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I agree, but I can see the point if they don't have a father figure to guide them in right direction. 

But to have it turn full circle compared to when I was at school I only had 1 tarrier in my class growing up at a non-denominational school is not right. 

I have thought about it.....

Do you think it's maybe to do with parents not arsed about taking they're kids to a school and not caring as much about what the school preaches/doesn't preach ? unlike in my days in most cases you where a tarrier or Protestant and therefore you went to the relevant school. 

In which case that would mean that tarrier schools would most likely have handful of bears in each class ?

Fuckin no chance !

The OP has highlighted a big problem 

Dont think we can use a shite standard of football as an excuse. Doesnt stop the young ones wearing smeltic tops. 

The biggest reason is the boycott, along with the negative press and the fact rangers have been shite for the best part of 6 years.

My youngest is 1 in august so i hope there is a new strip out by then i can get him.

We are going a december holiday this year, i will make sure my 2 boys only have rangers tops