The banter years

Was thinking we were pish last year what. A shit season 

mid forgotten how bad things were

makes King look like an exemplar custodian and that's saying something 

charles green in general was ridiculous, promising fireworks displays, £10 million in transfers, orange tops, the hospital bed interview, the xmas message 

feels like looking back on those days when you first moved out of home and spent the time pissed and in bother.  Absolutely bizarre remembering all these things 

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when Nathan Oduwa disrespected the whole of Scottish football by producing a bit of a skill at the end of the Alloa game?

I just searched for the video and i kid you not, the BBC article title starts with 'A flick too far..'

Only in Scotland.

I remember two wee Indian guys came over to train, and I think we had a game, then a few days off, and then it rained or something and McCoist sent them all home. 

All the way from India for a tour of Auchenhowie and a stint in a premier inn, then back up the road. 

1 hour ago, MFJ14 said:

Remember when Nathan Oduwa disrespected the whole of Scottish football by producing a bit of a skill at the end of the Alloa game?

I just searched for the video and i kid you not, the BBC article title starts with 'A flick too far..'

Only in Scotland.

We all thought he was gonna be a world beater after that :lol:

1 hour ago, MFJ14 said:

Only in Scotland.

My colleagues down in Reading are mainly Spurs & Chelsea fans. All they know about Scottish football from recent years is that the scum have been unchallenged, winning everything, and Nathan Oduwa was rinsed for his tricks. Literally, that's all. 

18 hours ago, Bluenose1986 said:

Not to be topical, a long piece of cladding was hanging from the roof, swaying in the wind. 

We got moved to other sections/stands as a precaution at half time. Ended up getting moved into the Broomy. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Forgot about that, it happened directly above my seat then all of a sudden out pops just a hand holding a hook from the roof trying to stop the cladding from falling ?

Speirs caught lying on national TV.

5 way agreement.

Half time crossbar challenge to win half a million quid (?). Usually picked fans that couldn't kick as far as half the pitch never mind hitting the crossbar.

Using all 3 subs at half time to change 3 out of the 4 back line. How mental did that seem at the time?

On 2017-6-26 at 0:42 PM, DeanMK said:

What epitomises the banter years for me is the fact that one of our strikers now works on a ferry.

It's even more mental than that. That same player is now a professional darts player. I kid you not.

Archived