Lee Wallace

Camshy

1 hour ago, piperpete said:

Miller was covering for Tav on many occasions When he went on the overlap which IS not IDeal as he needs to be IN the box trying to get on the end of crosses. Our midfield need to be more aware when the fullbacks go on a run.

Its been nearly two seasons since Wallace /McKay linked up well which produced goals on a regular basis.

Miller up front or not at all for me he's been a good player for us but he has to be more selfish and think about goals first.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

sadly have to agree with this. Wallace is a loyal foot soldier and was often lacking last season.

In the face of adversity (i.e. trailing against the rheptiles) we need a captain that screams no fucking surrender.

In English, Portuguese and Mexican (Spanish for the intellectuals on here but shhhhh).

8 hours ago, MasterD said:

He's been poor for years bar a spell under MW in the Championship.

Playing lower league football for so long was always going to have a negative effect on someone that should've been in their peak years. Now he's past them and wasted himself.

Yet he was willing to take that risk, knowing full well there was a risk, to play for our club. At time when everyone else of worth ran for the hills. 

And look at the loyalty some of our fans show back. 

He's not had the best season last season but he was carrying injuries for most of it. Give him more than one game in the new season to turn it back in. He a least deserves that!

41 minutes ago, Smile said:

Miller up front or not at all tead of nor me he's been a good pl thenyer for us but he has to be more selfish and think about goals first.

This , him coming back to cover wastes far too much energy , he should only be used IN the opponents half and told to stay at the halfway line INstead of back IN his own box.

3 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

He's a dud but he stayed fur ra fight so he's a pyoor legend n that.... The guy is not a captain, he is not a leader, he is not good enough. He is a complete liability. He is the perfect mirror and reminder of the last 6 years, mediocre. Sooner he is replaced the better for the team. 

Yes, he is.

1 hour ago, dan_ger said:

Yet he was willing to take that risk, knowing full well there was a risk, to play for our club. At time when everyone else of worth ran for the hills. 

He's not had the best season last season but he was carrying injuries for most of it. Give him more than one game in the new season to turn it back in. He a least deserves that!

He's had plenty of loyalty back. He's got away with being mince for years simply because he stayed.

29 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A legend, who sacrificed his career to stick playing with us through our lowest moments ever.

Mythical 

I think the truth maybe along the lines of:

McCoist signed him on a tasty contract and there was nothing else on the table at that time that would match it  Remember he only signed in July 2011 admin was Feb 2012 

During this time he was coming back from a cruciate ligament injury (suffered at Hertz) and had been dropped from the Scotland squad making him less attractive -  and we spunked a ten point lead (with Wallace in defense) to that lot. 

Lee Wallace did what was best for Lee Wallace at the time  

Being "loyal" doesn't make him a good left back. 

17 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Mythical 

McCoist signed him on a tasty contract and there was nothing else on the table at that time that would match it  Remember he only signed in July 2011 admin was Feb 2012 

During this time he was coming back from a cruciate ligament injury (suffered at Hertz) and had been dropped from the Scotland squad making him less attractive -  and we spunked a ten point lead (with Wallace in defense) to that lot. 

He could easily have got a team in England, and maybe been paid as much, maybe more (Don't know his wage) , and got his Scotland career on track. 

Would what was best for Lee Wallace not have been to further his career, and not stay in some of worst leagues in Europe?

I've already said he isn't great, but he isn't as bad as people make out.

2 hours ago, dan_ger said:

I agree to an extent and while I commend and respect Wallace for his attitude and morality I dont think there is any room for sentiment.

Sure he deserves a chance but I guess my main worry is he carries on where he left off and that is with rather poor performances and due to his position and loyalty in the club I fear that will hold him his place rather than deserving his place.........he too has to fight for a spot, thats the way it has to be. We all want what is right for the team and if that means playing a better player in his position then thats what should happen. I believe we have a better player right now while some may disagree

3 minutes ago, Camshy said:

I agree to an extent and while I commend and respect Wallace for his attitude and morality I dont think there is any room for sentiment.

Sure he deserves a chance but I guess my main worry is he carries on where he left off and that is with rather poor performances and due to his position and loyalty in the club I fear that will hold him his place rather than deserving his place.........he too has to fight for a spot, thats the way it has to be. We all want what is right for the team and if that means playing a better player in his position then thats what should happen. I believe we have a better player right now while some may disagree

Good post camshy:tu: 

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He could easily have got a team in England, and maybe been paid as much, maybe more (Don't know his wage) , and got his Scotland career on track. 

Would what was best for Lee Wallace not have been to further his career, and not stay in some of worst leagues in Europe?

I've already said he isn't great, but he isn't as bad as people make out.

I get what you are saying  foreverandever but how many players have you seen have left Rangers and faded into  obscurity down south, loads.  So he needs to be "great" for this NOT  to happen. 

Unless furthering his career means more money with an English team that will win absolutely fuck all ever. 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A legend, who sacrificed his career to stick playing with us through our lowest moments ever.

:lol: We made him a millionaire. He didn't sacrifice anything, he would never ever have played at a higher level than he has with Rangers or for a bigger club. 

Calling him a legend is an insult to the likes of Mr Meiklejohn, Mr Johnstone, Mr Struth and Mr Cooper and the like. Behave yourself ffs. 

A legend. :lol: Fucking hell. 

36 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Mythical 

:tu:

Was fitter and stronger than the opposition in div 3 2 and championship , toils in the spl in my opinion , can't get forward the same way and is easy stopped , I think fans are a bit blinkered coz he's stayed with us thru it all and I'll always praise him for that but if truth be told he's a very ordinary player 

Well in all fairness struth and co didn't have to deal with the same situation as wallace did either just because he is nowhere in the same realm of them doesn't mean he isn't a legend for staying with us in division 3.... fuck if everyone stayed then it would mean fuck all but he could of left with the rest and picked up a bigger wage in the english championship.

44 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

:lol: We made him a millionaire. He didn't sacrifice anything, he would never ever have played at a higher level than he has with Rangers or for a bigger club. 

Calling him a legend is an insult to the likes of Mr Meiklejohn, Mr Johnstone, Mr Struth and Mr Cooper and the like. Behave yourself ffs. 

No, never a legend, and not good enough for the team we need to build imo

However, he will always have massive respect for unequivocally staying put when disingenuous "it's not Rangers anymore" scum-fuck Naismith and his ilk mumbled excuses and hotfooted it out the door

I don't know about Pedro C just yet but I'm beginning to form the opinion that he will not be sentimental about any player, Wallace, Millar, Waghorn, even his new signings. I may be mistaken but I don't think Pedro will hesitate being brutal when it is needed.

2 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

The championship, was and is a higher level then what we play at.

Who is our most recent legend then, genuine question?

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The championship, was and is a higher level then what we play at.

Who is our most recent legend then, genuine question?

Walter Smith aside after 3IAR and 9IAR we would probably need to go back to the late 90s. Certainly nothing in the 2000s can be classed as a genuine club legend. Lots of good players, cult heros and fans favourites, some lads that won lots of trophies but no one in the same bracket as a Bob McPhail, Richard Gough, Ally McCoist, Sandy Jardine, John Greig, Sandy Archibald, no one. 

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Mythical 

What the actual fuck :lol:

He was coming off the back of a £1.5m move, was in and around the national squad and very highly rated with most of his career ahead of him. He could have easily found a decent team down south.

4 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

What the actual fuck :lol:

He was coming off the back of a £1.5m move, was in and around the national squad and very highly rated with most of his career ahead of him. He could have easily found a decent team down south.

Aye we had a real battle on our hands to sign him ahead of some top Championship and Premiership clubs eh. :duh: 

We were the biggest and best he was ever going to do. Punching well above his weight.