Rangers FC Kit Manufacturers

18 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

As much as I love the Adidas kits for me it has to be Umbro, but specifically 78-90 Umbro, not 05-13 Umbro. 

They are back on their game right now and I think this seasons Everton kit could be a good template for a nice Rangers kit.

First and foremost though I would like to see us play in a proper shade of blue, the last few seasons have been too light, a return of the scroll crest used up until 1997, and the removal of the stars.

I think Umbro were bought over by Adidas, well the brand was, I think the company hit the skids. It's reasonable to think that the Adidas designer's have had an input into the new Umbro brand. I've heard alot of people saying that the Everton shirt is nice, not seen it yet, will have a look. I'm in agreement but I wouldn't bin the 5 stars, but put them on the back collar, our crest looks better without them though imo.

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I think Umbro were bought over by Adidas, well the brand was, I think the company hit the skids. It's reasonable to think that the Adidas designer's have had an input into the new Umbro brand. I've heard alot of people saying that the Everton shirt is nice, not seen it yet, will have a look. I'm in agreement but I wouldn't bin the 5 stars, but put them on the back collar, our crest looks better without them though imo.

They were taken over by Nike. Cynics say it was an asset stripping operation to get the England contract.

They have since been taken over by another American company who seem to have re-energised the brand in the last few years. 

Here's the Everton kit. If you removed the navy from under the sleeves I would love that as a shirt:

everton_2017_18_umbro_home_kit_o.jpg

5 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Wish we could have a separate sub forum for all the wee bams who "pyooor waant Adidas cos it goes with ma trainies man". 

I take it Adidas would not be your preference. 

The best top we've had was the 92/93 Treble winning unbeaten in Europe 3 stripe masterpiece. 

2 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

The best top we've had was the 92/93 Treble winning unbeaten in Europe 3 stripe masterpiece. 

Every season we get the same thread, with eventually ending up with hastily prepared Adidas photoshops. I would just prefer a separate forum for it, as they are totally pointless threads.

14 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

They were taken over by Nike. Cynics say it was an asset stripping operation to get the England contract.

They have since been taken over by another American company who seem to have re-energised the brand in the last few years. 

Here's the Everton kit. If you removed the navy from under the sleeves I would love that as a shirt:

everton_2017_18_umbro_home_kit_o.jpg

Yeah the asset stripping suggestions do sound very plausible. The Everton shirt, thanks for the image, it's very smart, but I would have preferred to see the iconic diamonds in white out of blue? Some cynics are saying it looks like a training shirt as opposed to a match shirt, I agree about the under arm panels, totally unnecessary.

20 hours ago, GWR1979 said:

It was the adidas "equipment" gimmick that season, we never had the iconic three stripes down the sleeve on any home top. I hope that we still get it at some point, I notice adidas have put the three stripes back on the shoulders this season after hiding them down the sides of the body last season.