Kenny and Morelos next week ?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

So many times! Always trying the obvious pass and failing. Disrupts our rhythm big time.

Didn't see full game but from what I did I can recall:

Good header down for the goal

Strike over the bar that should have been on target.

Us breaking well, him in possession centrally, poor ball cut out by defender.

I've been going on for ages but his positive contribution is not enough out with scoring, and even that's poor for a Rangers no 9 with 1 goal in 3 to 4 games.

It NEEDS addressed.

And by the way, he wasnt even as poor today as I've seen him recently. He was just average, mediocre and pretty anonymous. Again.

Dunny called it. Herrera was unlucky with that header but didn't win any aerial challenge all game. All this talk about a target man and winning knockdowns for runners...? I've yet to see it. 

Maybe worth going with Morelos up front and Pena in the hole. He can then drop back at times to give us an extra body in midfield (which was worryingly over-run at times today). 

Admittedly, this suggestion is based on zero knowledge of Pena's ability, I'm just hoping he can't be any worse than what we have. Anyway, I'll take the win, onwards and upwards etc.

1 hour ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Dunny called it. Herrera was unlucky with that header but didn't win any aerial challenge all game. All this talk about a target man and winning knockdowns for runners...? I've yet to see it. 

Maybe worth going with Morelos up front and Pena in the hole. He can then drop back at times to give us an extra body in midfield (which was worryingly over-run at times today). 

Admittedly, this suggestion is based on zero knowledge of Pena's ability, I'm just hoping he can't be any worse than what we have. Anyway, I'll take the win, onwards and upwards etc.

He's won aerial challenges in the last 3 games. To say he hasn't is bull.

He's isolated and fighting a solo battle up front. 

Pena and Morelos don't warrant a joint start given Pena has shown nothing as yet.

Wednesday, I really hope to see Herrera and Morelos start with Miller on the bench. Give them 60 mins, see what they can do. Pena needs to play a few 20s games to get him up to speed imo.

3 hours ago, Dunny_01 said:

Herrara didnt win header in last 3 games jumps to early

i like target man idea but needs to be someone who can win a heeder

He actually got into the kind of positions that get a striker a goal if the right ball is played in. That happened at least twice. I'd play him and Morelos, and drop Miller. I'd also not mind if Miller moved on whilst there is still a transfer window and if another striker could be brought in.

He's not quick and looks limited on the ball so I was hoping he'd be dominating and bullying centre halves. I've not seen much of that either tbh. Going by their reputations I wanted a Herrera, Morelos partnership but I'm not convinced by the big man so far. Plenty time to prove me wrong right enough.

Sometimes I wonder what games some of our fans watch, Herrera is as mobile as my m8 cement mixer upfront and Morelos did more in 7 mins than he did the 83. He scored 4 goals last season and Morelos so what 30 yet hes on the bench, Miller set the goal up for our first and pulls mwell player all over the place some forget I dont think he was bad today. Hodson on the rb was over ran because out LM mid didnt track back, Windass did no defending and both didnt stop any crosses being delivered in to our box which put us under pressure. The goal we conceded, why on earth did Wes not come off his line is beyond me and Wallace was to slow to close down. Bright spark was Dorrans and at times Windass going forward but it leaves us exposed and Mwell raised their game and exposed or weakness. Glad got the 3 points but long way to go I think, Hivs and Herts will be much tougher.  

If Miller is off his game drop him for the next one as he fucking hates being dropped and has a nasty habit of scoring when you doubt him so to get the results and the best from him I'd employ this especially as we have to find solutions for the long term now and as yet we have dick all.

Morelos while an exciting prospect is just that, I don't think he's ready to do the real job required and as such he should feature (bench appearances for fresh legs or give him more time when a game is done in our favour early, occasional start against "weak" sides) but shouldn't be seen as our solid go to man.

Herrera hasn't exactly set the heather alight but he's scored better goals against better opposition than everyone bar Miller so he has to be seen as a first choice for better or worse.

Waghorn - I'd start him next game instead of Miller to annoy him and in hope he scores and we punt him on the back of it (ideally with a guy that can head home, a big target man to wrestle space and goals,coming in but I cannae see that happening so if the view at the club is that Waghorn is on a hiding to nothing at us going forward get rid. With rumours that the likes of Sunderland are sniffing, we may not get that opportunity again particularly if he's a non-entity all season).

27 minutes ago, bluenosebrad said:

Sometimes I wonder what games some of our fans watch, Herrera is as mobile as my m8 cement mixer upfront and Morelos did more in 7 mins than he did the 83. He scored 4 goals last season and Morelos so what 30 yet hes on the bench, Miller set the goal up for our first and pulls mwell player all over the place some forget I dont think he was bad today. Hodson on the rb was over ran because out LM mid didnt track back, Windass did no defending and both didnt stop any crosses being delivered in to our box which put us under pressure. The goal we conceded, why on earth did Wes not come off his line is beyond me and Wallace was to slow to close down. Bright spark was Dorrans and at times Windass going forward but it leaves us exposed and Mwell raised their game and exposed or weakness. Glad got the 3 points but long way to go I think, Hivs and Herts will be much tougher.  

In English......?

45 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He's won aerial challenges in the last 3 games. To say he hasn't is bull.

He's isolated and fighting a solo battle up front. 

Pena and Morelos don't warrant a joint start given Pena has shown nothing as yet.

Wednesday, I really hope to see Herrera and Morelos start with Miller on the bench. Give them 60 mins, see what they can do. Pena needs to play a few 20s games to get him up to speed imo.

a must be talking shite then, i have been to the three games, and in general I have not seen him winning a challenge or a knock down.  Yes he has had headers, but im talking about going up for a heeder with a defender and I feel he is jumping way too early and not winning anything.  He is defo putting himself about, I want him to be the next Hateley, but hopefully if he gets his timing and gets a few games, he will get better. 

7 minutes ago, Dunny_01 said:

a must be talking shite then, i have been to the three games, and in general I have not seen him winning a challenge or a knock down.  Yes he has had headers, but im talking about going up for a heeder with a defender and I feel he is jumping way too early and not winning anything.  He is defo putting himself about, I want him to be the next Hateley, but hopefully if he gets his timing and gets a few games, he will get better. 

Wasn't at Sheffield but at Marseilles he more than held his own in aerial battles v their CHs.

So will we just say ,, maybe playing Morelos and Miller might work then for now?  Was surprised when I saw the amount of negative posts for Miller in favour of Herrera tbh.

After tonight Miller 2 assists and 1 goal,,, Morelos 1 asst and 2 goals ,,, surely for Saturday we just have to go with these two ??????? 

10 minutes ago, stevotrueblue said:

So will we just say ,, maybe playing Morelos and Miller might work then for now?  Was surprised when I saw the amount of negative posts for Miller in favour of Herrera tbh.

After tonight Miller 2 assists and 1 goal,,, Morelos 1 asst and 2 goals ,,, surely for Saturday we just have to go with these two ??????? 

Herrera has his work cut out shifting one of the front two, especially when all he has on morellos so far is his yet to be seen heading ability and target man hold up play, which morellos more than matched and done the business bagging goals and setting up, albeit against weak as fuck opposition.

If it ain't broke don't try to fix it.