Kenny and Morelos next week ?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We badly need a 15-20 goal a season striker that must be a priority before the window shuts.

I know it's early days with the new lads but neither of them strike me as the type who can hit 20 a season in the SPFL.

Herrera for me would prefer crosses being put into the box for him to attack. Today much of the play was through the middle and when crosses did come in they were either poor quality or cut out by a defender.  Tav put in good ball when he came on and Herrera headed just wide .  He one a few freekicks and had some good flick ons. I think he will come good once the team settles down.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

He cant jump, his second touch is a tackle but aye a different partner would help.

I'd rather have Waghorn up there than him.

Still early days. I watched him a lot and he was gesturing to Miller a lot to get closer when balls were coming. 

He is a hold up player by the looks of it and if he chips in with 10 goals then great.

Was unlucky with his header, looked close.

Tbh and this is just my opinion Kenny miller should never been given an extention to his contract and he is not the only one from the Warburton era that should not be in this new look rangers team. I know people have said that tav and Wallace have improved on last seasons performances but let's be honest if we are trying to get as near as possible to the scum we will need better defenders and much better strikers than the ones we currently have playing for us. I know it's early days and I know I should not be too unhappy especially with the 3 points won today but there still has to be further additions to this squad or its going to be another long season.

Herrera is a Joe Gardner with a bit more finesse - we need to give him appropriate service to make the most of him. 

Had a few decent knock downs, that dropped to Miller and instead of bearing down on goal he'd take a bad touch and end up in a tangle with a defender. 

Needs a pacey partner who'd get close to him, but I'm not sure it's Morelos either. 

Guest Lloyd72

Herrera is there to fight cunts and get in about defenders so wee cunts like Miller and Morelos don't have to, like what Cousin used to do although not as good.

I felt a bit sorry for Herrera tbh, don't think he got much service at all. Either way he'll probably need a bit of time to settle into Scottish football.

I'd like to see more of Morelos, I've only seen him coming on pretty late in games so far. Hopefully he gets a couple of starts some time soon see how he goes. 

would play waghorn and morelos against Dunfermline. I would also give dalcio an outing as we need to see if he is going to be of any use to us.if not we need to cancel his loan deal and bring in some one from the English premier league on loan once they have decided on their 25 man squads!!! 

1 hour ago, stevotrueblue said:

Not sure why the manager waited until 83 mins to give Morelos a run ,, esp as for the most part Herrera was pretty much not in the game.  In all honesty I noticed more of Morelos in 7 mins than I did of Herrera in 83.

Perhaps the boss is thinking Morelos lack of experience was the deciding factor in team selection.  I know they both are still settling in and ideally having a big target man linking in with the wee man nippy man would be ideal,, so perhaps he intended to bring on Morelos for kenny when he started to tire,,, but for me thats a hard call as we all know Kenny can come good anytime and Herrera as yet we dont.

So should we try Morelos and Kenny together next week in the same formation?  Morelos for me, looks at least the hungrier and has shown he can score goals as opposed to Herrera only getting 4 last season ,,,,

There was a chance the ball could have been played across the box for Herrera to knock in the back of the net and instead opted to go himself and wasted it. Herrera you could see was crying out questioning "why didn't you pass it?" I think this needs to be noticed. I think he did well for hold up but yes you are right about Morelos, get him on from the start, great player and I reckon he'll score goals. Get a partnership between big Herrera and Morelos, use the big man as a target man and Morelos can certainly work the team forward.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Herrera is a target man and unless we're firing balls in to the box for him he'll contribute fuck all on a weekly basis.  Kenny just runs around like a headless chicken as always.  Morelos looked good when he came on and was holding the ball up, laying it off, and making forward runs.  If we're going to play 442 this season then we're probably in need of another striker. 

Agreed, I say we bring Moult in, the boy does have class and is capable of scoring goals, he was unlucky today and looked a threat, get that boy in and you're spot on about Herrera, like I say he was crying out for it in the box and instead of passing it across they wasted it, that could've been a goal for Herrera.

I hope Herrera quickly grows into the role he's been given at Rangers.   He's an international player albeit with not many caps and the manager has shown a lot of faith in him by bringing him to Rangers so its up to the player to deliver.     We've not really seen much of Herrera and Morelos together yet.  Maybe the game on Weds is the time for these 2 to start and with Miller on the bench if needs be, or with (dare I say it) Waghorn coming off the bench to replace one of them so that he too gets some shooting practice in.    Maybe we see a bit more of Pena on Weds too. 

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

Agreed, no harm to Kenny, he gave the ball away a few times today. 

So many times! Always trying the obvious pass and failing. Disrupts our rhythm big time. Herrera and Morelos up top has to be. 

Need another though if Waggy goes out the door