Wartime Titles

DW1872

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Smacks of fear that they are getting closer to our haul.

some people need to grow a set and stop stooping to taig levels trying to dig this pish up.

Yup it's also smacks of fear that folk are this wound up by bitter taigs and their strip the titles nonsense 

Even if they did strip the titles, which they won't, well all remember winning them and no self respecting taig would brag about them, but to be fair they have no self respect so they'll all brag but no self respecting Bear should rise to it let alone stoop to their level

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our fans would never acknowledge them as it is not our way, most of the first teams went to the war to fight and die so that period is seen as sacrosanct and that is the way it should stay IMO. The games were more played to keep some sense of normal situation in those times to entertain the public and give them something to do, there is no glory in trying to claim them.

The taigs can do what they sodding want, they are still second best.

I'm genuine here in that I don't want us to be trying to claim titles etc during this period, but are other clubs claiming titles or cup wins during the same period?

Can't go both ways to suit some but not others.

And I'm not suggesting which way it should go, just that it should be recognised across the board as a competitive (hmmm) period or not in terms of trophies 

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm genuine here in that I don't want us to be trying to claim titles etc during this period, but are other clubs claiming titles or cup wins during the same period?

Can't go both ways to suit some but not others.

And I'm not suggesting which way it should go, just that it should be recognised across the board as a competitive (hmmm) period or not in terms of trophies 

Some clubs recognise them in their own record books but nothing is officially recognised. 

45 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Fuck off

Stop lowering yourself to the taigs level. Some things are worth more than titles we respect our dead

It wasn't even a proper league either

This is shameful shit. New age fan nonsense no self respecting Bear would want titles that way 

Cheers mate saved me trouble of having to post my thoughts as couldn't have put it any better.Agree 100%

There was more important things going on during those years. Men were fighting and dying on the front lines.

Those titles should not be counted because of that. 

Let the scum do what they want in regard to that to their shame. We should never lower ourselves to meet their standards.

5 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Some clubs recognise them in their own record books but nothing is officially recognised. 

Cheers.

Genuinely not up to speed with this.

Personally I'd suggest that during both years teams were weakened so shouldn't be considered in official counting regardless of what the sfa/spfl say.

Not sure about removing awards this far on from it either tho.

Sitting on the fence loyal.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The war titles should not be added to the 54. 

But if you use this wee stunt to highlight the hypocrisy once again running through Scottish Football then it's served its purpose. 

Petty purpose compared to the that time to be honest mate, also think the league was officially suspended through those years although the games were played for the populace, I am sure I read that somewhere, could be wrong.

We are better than being like the scum of the highest order in any case.

1 minute ago, Malvern said:

Petty purpose compared to the that time to be honest mate, also think the league was officially suspended through those years although the games were played for the populace, I am sure I read that somewhere, could be wrong.

We are better than being like the scum of the highest order in any case.

It's a nonsense it's even discussed mate. But as I said if to shows all those clubs up for the petty minded twats they are then it's served a purpose for that alone. If the guy that set it up is actually serious then he needs his baws toed  

Im pretty sure the leagues were split up during the war because of the restrictions on travel placed on people, could be wrong though. 

When you actually read about the games played at the time it's really interesting. 

This shite needs to stop.  The league was split into a north and south league during the war and more importantly men, women and children were dying fighting fascism.  Fuck football at that moment in time. 

27 minutes ago, RDFM said:

They can't be added because the league literally ceased to exist during WW2. 

Exactly.

I know guys were away fighting and teams were depleted and football was only played as a distraction but the end of the day you can only play in the league your in and the fact is we won it 6 in a row, mibbe we should find a way to acknowledge that somehow without including it in our full titles hons. they are not included in the spfl page or on wiki.

Bet the bears standing at Ibrox park on Jan 1, 1943 never said, ach it disny matter we beat them cunts 8 -1 , theres a war on.

14 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Exactly.

I know guys were away fighting and teams were depleted and football was only played as a distraction but the end of the day you can only play in the league your in and the fact is we won it 6 in a row, mibbe we should find a way to acknowledge that somehow without including it in our full titles hons. they are not included in the spfl page or on wiki.

Bet the bears standing at Ibrox park on Jan 1, 1943 never said, ach it disny matter we beat them cunts 8 -1 , theres a war on.

That's the point to me. There should be at least some recognition. 8-1 will never happen again and so many people aren't aware of that scoreline.

Just fuckin no! Men were dying for this country all across the world, fighting for all that is decent,the leagues during this time were just to try to help towards the keep of some sort of morale on the home front,even one off 'star appearances' were made during this time,it was more or less a bit of entertainment to try and feel as if life was going on as normal

18 minutes ago, DW1872 said:

That's the point to me. There should be at least some recognition. 8-1 will never happen again and so many people aren't aware of that scoreline.

Recognition as in acknowledged as part of our proud history but never as part of our haul of titles.

Maybe we should campaign just to wind them up and highlight double standards.

I'm pretty split on the issue to be truthful but if the standard is that you don't count honours recorded during both world wars then it should apply to EVERY club. 

3 minutes ago, Ibroxric72 said:

Maybe we should campaign just to wind them up and highlight double standards.

I'm pretty split on the issue to be truthful but if the standard is that you don't count honours recorded during both world wars then it should apply to EVERY club. 

Aye lets make it a piss take to wind the tarriers up, very respectful. They aren't counted because men were out dying for this country, anyone wanting to use this as a point scoring exercise is a disgrace.