Wartime Titles

DW1872

Simply No. While young men were sacrificing everything on the battlegrounds of Europe and North Africa, these Footballing years during the war should only be viewed as light entertainment for boosting the moral of the civilian public and keeping young men fit for the hard days ahead. It's my believe that all titles and cup wins during this time not be recognised in any official way whatsoever.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

This is what separates us from them, class. 

There where more important things going on in the world back then than titles. 

I see it as a good gesture to our fallen if I'm honest. 

Shite like this "campaign " brings us that bit closer though 

Sad as it is.  

I think this sort of tit for tat thing is narrow minded and a bit naive from whomever started it on our side. We need to rise above the bitterness of the mob across the city. At a time of a weakened nation, with millions of our people overseas fighting for our very freedoms, I think this sort of thing misses the point completely. 

19 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Smacks of fear that they are getting closer to our haul.

some people need to grow a set and stop stooping to taig levels trying to dig this pish up.

That's exactly what it looks like. The realisation that Celtic will most likely reach 55 before we do. 

7 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Simply No. While young men were sacrificing everything on the battlegrounds of Europe and North Africa, these Footballing years during the war should only be viewed as light entertainment for boosting the moral of the civilian public and keeping young men fit for the hard days ahead. It's my believe that all titles and cup wins during this time not be recognised in any official way whatsoever.

Well if that's the case then the ones from WW1 should also not be official