bluenose1975

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, bluenose1975 said:

Agree with ye about Motherwell but against Hibs the ref beat us, not Hibs or Pedro's inability to win wae ten men, if we'd nicked a goal against Hearts we would have got more once they opened up so I'm not too downbeat whatsoever. What is vital is we win the next three matches, fail to do that then we really are fighting to be first of the losers.

Sorry but that's nonsense, there was over half the game to go. He cost us just as much as the ref.

Hearts didn't open up though and neither will most teams that come to Ibrox so that's a worry we couldnt break them down.

2 minutes ago, bluenose1975 said:

Do you honestly believe we would have lost against Hibs had we kept eleven men on the park? Maybe, maybe no but any goal against Hearts and we go on and win comfortably. Let's just hope we go on a wee run and put some pressure on the mhanks cos they look iffy when the sweats on.

Simple fact is we have played 3 league games(2 home) and have 4 points whilst they have 9 from 3 (2 away). We are starting to get like other teams in this league by hoping we go on a wee run however nothing suggests that looks like happening. Our manager has just under a 53% win ratio with us and 42% in his managerial career.

It's rare that we've won all games leading up to and oldfirm fixture so I don't get where all this win 6 games comes from.  The 3 most consistent years I can remember are 99-00 02-03 and 09-10 and even then we still had draws leading up to Oldfirms.

the fact is that Celtic have a top manager and there's no denying that. Until we match it we'll  always be 2nd

30 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

It's rare that we've won all games leading up to and oldfirm fixture so I don't get where all this win 6 games comes from.  The 3 most consistent years I can remember are 99-00 02-03 and 09-10 and even then we still had draws leading up to Oldfirms.

the fact is that Celtic have a top manager and there's no denying that. Until we match it we'll  always be 2nd

Top manager, hmmm, cannae remember the mad rush from Europe's elite banging doon his door when he got punted fae Liverpool?? If you listen to the fenian media up here then aye he's the bestest bestest ever lol. If he leads them to more than three points in the champions league I'll be shocked.

Just now, Gustav said:

They haven't lost domestically in over 50 games, don't know how anyone can say with confidence those teams will take points off them.

So that means they'll just win forever then? All good things inadvertently come to end. Why no over the next three games?

Just now, bluenose1975 said:

So that means they'll just win forever then? All good things inadvertently come to end. Why no over the next three games?

Of course they'll lose at some point, I just dont see how anyone can confidentially predict they'll drop points in 3(on paper) straight forward games.

10 hours ago, bluenose1975 said:

Few of the lads around me said we needed to win all our games before the filth arrive to have a chance of getting our title back but I disagreed. I just wanted to be close enough  to have a chance to go top once we turn them over at Ibrox which would start them flapping like fuck. Looking at the games gone and the fixtures ahead, when looking at the first six games I thought we'd be on a maximum of 14 points.  Four wins, two draws.  We're three games in and now have County away, Dundee at home then Thistle away.  Three winnable games if we dig in then we're on 13 points.  The fenians have got St. Johnstone at home, Accies away then County at home.  I suspect they'll drop two points at least over they three games.  So for all the gloom and doom mongers in our midst, three winnable games for us, couple of iffy games for that mhob to drop two points then it's game on at the palace.  Of course we need to win our three matches. Cmon the gers. 

Don't want to piss on your chips. However you're expecting us to do something that we are yet to do under Pedro and that is win 3 games in a row. Looking at ours and the scums fixtures, if anything we'll be further behind than we are the now.

Apologies for being realistic.

10 hours ago, bluenose1975 said:

Few of the lads around me said we needed to win all our games before the filth arrive to have a chance of getting our title back but I disagreed. I just wanted to be close enough  to have a chance to go top once we turn them over at Ibrox which would start them flapping like fuck. Looking at the games gone and the fixtures ahead, when looking at the first six games I thought we'd be on a maximum of 14 points.  Four wins, two draws.  We're three games in and now have County away, Dundee at home then Thistle away.  Three winnable games if we dig in then we're on 13 points.  The fenians have got St. Johnstone at home, Accies away then County at home.  I suspect they'll drop two points at least over they three games.  So for all the gloom and doom mongers in our midst, three winnable games for us, couple of iffy games for that mhob to drop two points then it's game on at the palace.  Of course we need to win our three matches. Cmon the gers. 

right you are

Point for me is that we got given a kind run of fixtures prior to the first game against them, both junky teams at home with the rest of the games against sides we'd consider at the lower end, also having the chance of playing the tarriers at home first this time round

Sure we didn't have to mathematically win them all but when they're just off an unbeaten season where they were never even given any pressure for the league I think us building up some early momentum was crucial so it's already a massively missed opportunity. Drop any more points next three games and we really are screwed

1 hour ago, bluenose1975 said:

Top manager, hmmm, cannae remember the mad rush from Europe's elite banging doon his door when he got punted fae Liverpool?? If you listen to the fenian media up here then aye he's the bestest bestest ever lol. If he leads them to more than three points in the champions league I'll be shocked.

He did a good job at Swansea and had Liverpool playing brilliant then flopped in his 3rd year.   Dismissing him is just looking through blue tinted specs imo.  He transformed that lot.  It took the taigs 2 million quid a year to get him and it will cost us the same to get a good manager

1 hour ago, bluenose1975 said:

I was saying that to my mum last night, they will be lucky to get three points from that group. They run away with it in Scotland because they have a settled team, confidence,and 4/5 seasons worth of champions league revenue and have been unchallenged in Scotland. That's money in the bank for them,and that's a hard ask for us to catch up with so quickly

7 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Celtic won't be dropping points in any of those 3 games. :lol: Our start had been utterly embarrassing. There's absolutely no dressing it up any other way. 

Out of a possible 6 points at home, we have one it's a very poor start.

11 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

Exactly ..they have a top manager and we have a fucking doughnut of a manager . He needs to go soon !

Never realistically expected us to win the league this season anyway but I said to my mates at the start our only chance of mounting a decent challenge would be if we were at least within touching distance of them by the time we play them for the first time. It would put them under a bit of pressure and we've never really seen how they perform then.

We're only 3 games into the season though and they can already afford to come to Ibrox and lose and still be ahead of us. And there's another 3 games to be played before then where there's every chance we'll drop more points.

The only thing worse than watching them coast to another title is watching how easy we make it for them.