Giving fellow bears grief.....

LegendofCoop

The issue wasn't to do with flares/smoke bombs. I'm not really bothered either way tbh, but  if they're against the law and going to land the club in bother then we shouldn't do it.

The issue is simply the insinuation that Rangers fans shouldn't 'celebrate' Rangers scoring a goal. Especially at a crucial stage in the latest team building stage against tricky opponents. Yes we should beat them, but we know now not to take anything for granted. 

I'm glad someone else mentioned Partick away....as that was another game I was thinking of. Scoring a goal in the last minute to beat a team not fancied to win the league, and who are fighting relegation. Hmmm, I'll just leave this here.....

59a27eabd915b22aa2000004.jpg

3 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Exactly. Why not celebrate? And why would any supporters of any club not celebrate any goal scored.

Bonkers!

Sometimes you read things and cannot figure out wtf is going on and this was one of those times.

Rangers score a goal, Rangers fans celebrate, simples. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

I didn't see the 'incident' in the first half, just read something about someone letting something off and said what I'd read. Sorry if I gave that impression. :tu: 

I'm not talking about you I'm taking about the knob that the poster put screenshots up of.

it was a smoke bomb that was set off, not a flare. 

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

This is nuts, why would Rangers fans not celebrate any goal scored against any team. :unsure: 

Nail on the head. 

If we've fucked it and it's a consolation fair enough.  But when it's the first goal,  away from home,  in what tends to be a cunt of a fixture, what's the problem here?

Doesn't matter to me if it's Barcelona or Brechin,  a goal is something to celebrate. :tu:

Too many fannies in our support.. ..Rangers score and i always go mental as do 99% of my generation who grew up knowing that supporting Rangers wasn't just supporting a football club but an institution that stood for a people and in that club at that time was supporters on the pitch and in the board room.

There seems to be a weird wee internet culture where the more dissatisfied and angry you are with Rangers, the more 'staunch' that makes you.

It's like if you're happy at something we do (that's not winning 55) then you're at fault for Rangers standards slipping. 

Thankfully that only seems to be online, and I'll celebrate any goal at Ibrox like I would a World Cup winner. 

If I'm watching Rangers on telly or at Ibrox, I celebrate every goal, some with a bit more exuberance than others depending on who we are playing and I have done that for the last 60years minus the flares (except for wearing them). I celebrated the goals against Ross county with just as much vigour as the lads that travelled to the game and I'm not changing a habit of a lifetime of supporting Rangers, not for some Miserable Bast--ds.

it's simple really, if you don''t like the way Rangers fans celebrate a goal then fuck off and support one of the other shity wee clubs who's support can only ever dream of having the same type of passion as us. Now more than any time in our history every goal we score is vital, every point is precious, every time we celebrate it reminds the vile bastards who tried to kill our club that we are still here, as passionate as ever and ready to slap it right intae them at every opportunity.   They hate seeing our end explode in celebration.  For me there's no better sight and I could not give a fuck if it's against Real Madrid or Forres Mechanics.