EPL Flops!

Del

I am currently having a debate with a few english mates and they are all quick to point out players that were really good in the SPL that bombed in the English Championship and Premier League.

I was trying to think of players who have been the opposite, where they have been good down south buy garbage up here!

Anyone suggest some players?

Barton, Senderos, Gayle, Bernard, Diouf, Beattie, Emerson, Jeffers, Ostenstad, Muscat, Myhre, Roy Keane, Ljungberg, Wright, Gravesen, Ross Wallace, Virgo, Blinker, Whelan, Kamara, Wilson, Henchoz, Gray, Hedman, Dublin, Loovens, Camara,

Arguably Ross McCormack and Charlie Adam to an extent but you could argue they never got much chance, maybe John Fleck but similar, maybe Alex Rae in parts, maybe Ball although probably more to do with the fact he got injured a lot and cost a lot. Arguably Kanchelskis to a lesser extent and because his reputation was so high and he maybe didn't quite reach those heights. He was a bit hit and miss IMO. Maybe Berkovic,

There's been loads although I admit a few are open to debate!

Thomas Gravesen, in terms of stellar reputation he was an undeniable flop. I'm going for Flo as an obvious choice, but I actually thought that if we stuck with him for another season we might have seen a lot more from him - that situation could have been managed better.

9 minutes ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

Wasn't Oliver Bernard decent at Newcastle? Could be wrong but I'm sure he played for them in the Champions league etc. 

Was abysmal with us from memory.

He was a really good player. Scored a few screamers for them including against us. Was excited at the time of signing.