One transfer window away from being bloody good!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you're a bit over ambitious OP. Think we're making progress but long way to go.

Hopefully in January we can bring in a couple of players with greater greater quality.

Personally I would like to see us get a quality striker to partner Morelos and a quality left sided player for midfield. 

4 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Must admit, Pedro is starting to win me over. Still many questions to be asked of him, and the first old firm match will be a real marker of how far we have come on.

Overall, his recruitment has been impressive.

1. Bruno - So much of an improvement over what we had. Calm with the ball at his feet, can put himself about when needed. Big upgrade on Hill, who himself was one of our better players.

2. Cardoso - Looks to be a good prospect. Can be a bit suspect at times, but young guy who is assured with the ball at his feet. Big upgrade on the frankly awful Kiernan.

3. Jack - Outstanding so far. Breaks up play well, makes surprisingly decent forward runs which I was not expecting from him. Massive improvement on Halliday.

4. Dorrans - Seems a tidy player, if not as influential as I may have expected. Much rather have him in the team than Holt, but still got something to prove I think.

5. Candias - Superb signing. Workrate, delivery, physicality and skill. Perfect match for the scottish game. 5 times the player of the spiceboys O'haloran and Forrester. Also his inclusion seems to help Tav out big time.

6. Moreles - What a fucking find! Get the boy tied up on a longer term contract! Waghorn and Garner might have had a good start at their new clubs, but they couldnt put the ball in the back of the net here. Morales cant stop scoring.

7. Pena - Still questions out on what the deal is with him not starting games. Makes fantastic runs, but has a very suspect touch. Took his goal well. More time needed to assess him, but got a good feeling about him.

8. Herrera - Cant get in the team due to Moreles, not really seen enough to judge. Good addition as a squad player I suspect.

9. The Dalco - Seems pish, but is only on loan. Expect he just wanted to have a look at him and I doubt we are paying very much at all for him.

10 / 11. John & Nemane - Time will tell.

We have a few places to upgrade on. Miller as great a pro as he is, is coming to the end of his career. If we can replace him with someone of real quality, then we take a big step forward.

Niko, great talent, but his legs have just gone. Probably more suited to an MLS style league now than a physical league like ours.

If we can add 2 quality players in the next window, then I think we will be in good shape. The window after that, add another couple. No massive squad overhauls are needed now, we have a decent core. For the first time in a good while I think we have a good base to really build on and start to honestly think about making a challenge for the league from as early as next season.

Calm doon ffs, letsget the first round of fixtures out the way and take stock.

1 hour ago, onefootwillie said:

Pretty much spot on tho' I would think that if Jack got injured Rossiter would be able to cover

I think he would cover, I just don't think he'd do it as well as Jack. I'm a huge fan of Jack, he really makes us tick imo.

Feet on the ground. If we're still within 3 points at the end of the first round of fixtures then I'll accept he's starting to turn it around. 

Another transfer window of tweaks and a summer without any wholesale changes will be most welcome.

Long way to go though. 

Come back after we've played the sheep and the taigs.

that said considering we've had a supposedly poor start we're only three points off the chase and thats in no small part due to  an astonishingly poor refereeing performance v hivs.

I always thought it was madness to think we'd just hit the ground running with a completely new team, also never thought we could be the finished article after just one transfer window, we still require at least 3 first pick players who are a step up in quality. it will be hard to find these players with our budget but its better to be patient and wait for the right players to be available than take risks

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

2 weeks ago the majority on here wanted Pedro gone. Just saying. ..

Patients required, easy for the support of lesser teams to be patient, not so for Rangers fans as historically we've  played second fiddle to no cunt.

We're a better side than last season, the blue shoots of recovery are there but imo we'll need a couple of transfer windows to find the right players to give us a balanced team with the quality to genuinely challenge.

thats the challenge for the board, the challenge for the support is to be patient for that long.

5 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

My additions

Goalkeeper will cost again and again in games we are under pressure .

Tav may have improved but his defending is still unacceptable

Wallace is just not good enough

The new players in central defence are what's making us more solid

I agree with all the things you said about all the others

agree mate , have never been a fan of flapperham

5 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

My additions

Goalkeeper will cost again and again in games we are under pressure .

Tav may have improved but his defending is still unacceptable

Wallace is just not good enough

The new players in central defence are what's making us more solid

I agree with all the things you said about all the others

If we can get the left-wing and central attacking midfield options sorted out then we'll be a very strong side at this level.  Hopefully Pena and one of the loan boys can come in and be the answer to those positions.  I think we'll end up going with a 4-4-1-1 and asking Pena to link up with Morelos going forward. 

If neither of these young loan players can make that left-wing there own then that's what needs to be addressed during the January window. 

Capture.PNG.a580e6ed72b7f9a877d8d99e10d03b08.PNG

7 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Bit of an exaggeration, today's game was one of the most boring games I've seen in a while, we might be close to being better than the rest but we're nowhere near being an exciting team to watch

Totally agree , think the result blinded a lot of people , absolute Shite game 

4 minutes ago, black magic walters said:

am am tae no near anywhere , where ur you  lol

sumwher roon about here!:tu:

I looked to the sky
Where an elephant's eye
Was looking at me
From a bubblegum tree
And all that I knew
The hole in my shoe
Was letting in water (letting in water)

I walked through a field