One transfer window away from being bloody good!

16 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If we can get the left-wing and central attacking midfield options sorted out then we'll be a very strong side at this level.  Hopefully Pena and one of the loan boys can come in and be the answer to those positions.  I think we'll end up going with a 4-4-1-1 and asking Pena to link up with Morelos going forward. 

If neither of these young loan players can make that left-wing there own then that's what needs to be addressed during the January window. 

Capture.PNG

You sure about that team mate?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

sumwher roon about here!:tu:

I looked to the sky
Where an elephant's eye
Was looking at me
From a bubblegum tree
And all that I knew
The hole in my shoe
Was letting in water (letting in water)

I walked through a field 
That just wasn't real
Where 100 tin soldiers
Would shoot at my shoulder
And all that I knew
The hole in my shoe

(I climbed on the back of a giant albatross
Which flew through a crack in the cloud
To a place where happiness reigned all year round
Where music played ever so loudly)

I started to fall 
And suddenly woke
And the dew on the grass
It stuck to my coat
And all that I knew
The hole in my shoe

:lol:

zzzzzzzzzzzsherlo.gif.13551e817a7dd24fd44839c1e2970ad3.gif

don't think your pished Mr B.D, I think you've been spiked:confused: lol

19 minutes ago, markem said:

You sure about that team mate?

If Herrera turns out to be a solid striker then I can see us going 442 but the goal against Ross County aside he hasn't done much.  Pena can link play from midfield to attack, and link up with Morelos inside the box as a second striker, so he could be a really good option for us.  Jack and Dorrans don't seem to get forward much so Pena in front of them could be preferable to someone like Herrera. 

The young loan players we've brought in haven't kicked a ball for us yet but I do live in hope one will turn out to be an outstand left-winger for us.  I'd like to see the manager leave Miller and Kranjcar on the bench during the next two games and gives these young guys a chance.

If Herrera or Pena come good, and if we find a solid left-wing option in one of these young players, then I think we'll have the makings of a very good team.

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If Herrera turns out to be a solid striker then I can see us going 442 but the goal against Ross County aside he hasn't done much.  Pena can link play from midfield to attack, and link up with Morelos inside the box as a second striker, so he could be a really good option for us.  Jack and Dorrans don't seem to get forward much so Pena in front of them could be preferable to someone like Herrera. 

The young loan players we've brought in haven't kicked a ball for us yet but I do live in hope one will turn out to be an outstand left-winger for us.  I'd like to see the manager leave Miller and Kranjcar on the bench during the next two games and gives these young guys a chance.

If Herrera or Pena come good, and if we find a solid left-wing option in one of these young players, then I think we'll have the makings of a very good team.

Pena might come good, but it may just be expecting a little too much to hope that he will cover defence, midfield and attack.

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If we can get the left-wing and central attacking midfield options sorted out then we'll be a very strong side at this level.  Hopefully Pena and one of the loan boys can come in and be the answer to those positions.  I think we'll end up going with a 4-4-1-1 and asking Pena to link up with Morelos going forward. 

If neither of these young loan players can make that left-wing there own then that's what needs to be addressed during the January window. 

Capture.PNG

Not sure about Pena mate he seems to have a bit of a split personality

Agree with most of that OP.

Still a bit early to make any calls on where we are at tho.

For me I think the tim's are not going to go unbeaten again, they will drop a lot more points due to europe, which let's face it coming off the back of an exhilarating European game to Ross County away etc is a big fucking comedown and one that's hard to get the players up for I assume. 

Plus they will rest 1st teamers against perceived shite oppositon and hopefully underestimate them.

Add that to us improving week on week then hopefully we can take second from the sheep and get closer to them.

They cunts are bang average and I do think Pedro will have a game plan for taking their style apart, just hope the players can execute it.

I think we've gone about our transfers quite well so far . 

Whats impressed me most is that we've concentrated on the spine of the team - Alves and Cardoso in central defence , Dorrans and Jack to add some steel in midfield , with Pena as the link to the attack , and Morelos and Herrera up front .

These are players who could be around for a while so it's now a case of adding the flesh and having a back up in case of injuries .

For full backs , Tavs and Wallace on their day are fine but , imo , consistency is a problem . DJ has been added and time will tell if he will be an improvement on what we have or just another squad player . On the wings , Candeias has settled in well but I feel we could do with someone similar on the other side of the park . DJ or Nemane possibly , though DJ does seem more apt to defence and Nemane seems destined for the development squad . I would , however ,like to see Nemane given it a shot at it . 

I know PC says he's happy he has two players now for every position , but I'm not so sure . If either Alves or Cardoso are out for any length of time there is a severe gulf in class with any replacement . Likewise up front , I'm not sure who can replace Morelos or Herrera , and yes I'm aware that Kenny Miller is the preferred option right now but I really don't see that lasting too much longer . He's done his bit for us and I think the best we should expect is that of an impact sub .

So all in , quite happy with the backbone , and just hope we can strengthen the ' outer ' areas of the park in the forthcoming transfer windows . 

Not going to disagree that the team looks better than last year and the results certainly are. We need to wait until the winter break when we will have played everyone twice to see where we are. Should Morelos get banned or injured we could struggle to put daylight between us and other teams in games. 

Also he is on a 3 year contract or something so only if he delivers 30 plus should he be getting a new contract at the end of the season. 

10 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

It was Dundee FFS, if he wins against the sheep and the scum then we can discuss this. 

A Dundee side we struggled to beat by the odd goal last season and got beat off by at Dens.

So definately progress being made.

But you are right in saying that we need to beat the beggars and sheep if we want to have serious aspirations of winning the league.

2 hours ago, Boaby Bear said:

For me I think the tim's are not going to go unbeaten again, they will drop a lot more points due to europe, which let's face it coming off the back of an exhilarating European game to Ross County away etc is a big fucking comedown and one that's hard to get the players up for I assume. 

Plus they will rest 1st teamers against perceived shite oppositon and hopefully underestimate them.

Add that to us improving week on week then hopefully we can take second from the sheep and get closer to them.

They cunts are bang average and I do think Pedro will have a game plan for taking their style apart, just hope the players can execute it.

They are not bang average. They are a lot better than that - not world beaters but he has transformed them from 18 months ago. And Pedro has no game plan - Murty had one which illustrates the limitations of Pedro. 

21 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

They are not bang average. They are a lot better than that - not world beaters but he has transformed them from 18 months ago. And Pedro has no game plan - Murty had one which illustrates the limitations of Pedro. 

Murty led us to a defeat against Dundee.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Murty led us to a defeat against Dundee.

So did Greig, Wallace, Smith, - im not sure your point.

Murty got a draw then a few weeks later Pedro got humbled 2-0 one week. What did he learn/ improve on? Not much, we got fucked 5-1 the following

Meltdown either next week or the 23rd 

3 hours ago, Boaby Bear said:

They had European games last season as well.

15 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

So did Greig, Wallace, Smith, - im not sure your point.

Murty got a draw then a few weeks later Pedro got humbled 2-0 one week. What did he learn/ improve on? Not much, we got fucked 5-1 the following

Meltdown either next week or the 23rd 

My point is that clearly Pedro has a plan if he can change the team to turn a 2-1 defeat to a 4-1 victory.

Does that not demonstrate that he has a plan in place to get more out our team.

Wallace and Smith both lost old firm games too, not sure that relevance to the current situation?

Yes Pedro needs to get a result against them, not denying that, but we are in a better position now to do that, not bad for a guy with no plan.

Let's be clear here, i am no big fan of Pedro and have seriously questioned his ability to take us forward but he is here and there are signs we are moving in the right direction but still a long way to go imo.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

My point is that clearly Pedro has a plan if he can change the team to turn a 2-1 defeat to a 4-1 victory.

Wallace and Smith both lost old firm games too, not sure that relevance to the current situation.

Yes Pedro needs to get a result against them, not denying that, but we are in a better position now to do that, not bad for a guy with no plan.

Let's be clear here, i am no big fan of Pedro and have seriously questioned his ability to take us forward but he is here and there are signs we are moving in the right direction but still a long way to go imo.

Turned a 2-1 v Hearts into 0-0.

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Wallace and Smith both lost old firm games too, not sure that relevance to the current situation?

He CLEARLY has a plan? What is this plan? 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Turned a 2-1 v Hearts into 0-0.

Yes you can use various examples to argue both sides of the argument.

Imo we are in a better position now and he has significantly improved our team with the signings he has made, he clearly has a plan on how he wants us to play, admitedly it has been hard to see it on the pitch up until the last few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

He CLEARLY has a plan? What is this plan? 

To improve the team and take us forward, are you not seeing an improvement in playing personell from last season? Really?

It's pretty clear to me, and that is with the team still gelling but signs are there but still lapses and breakdowns happening which better teams may capitalise on.

Just now, plumbGER said:

To improve the team and take us forward, are you not seeing an improvement in playing personell from last season? Really?

It's pretty clear to me, and that is with the team still gelling but signs are there but still lapses and breakdowns happening which better teams may capitalise on.

You're telling me, and everyone else on this forum, that Pedro's plan is to improve the team and take us forward? 

Thank fuck for that. Here was me worrying that we are bang average. That's fair cheered me up ?