Pedro: Time to go?

Virtuoso

Pedro: Time to go?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro...

• Time to resign / be sacked?
    • Given more time?
    • It's down to the referring (and continue to make excuses for him and his signings)?

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Who covers the losses the company is making in the interim?

How long do we go with a place-holder board to find a buyer? a year, two years, as long as is necessary?

Whose shareholding would they be buying?

How do we close the £20m+ wage gap each year between us and celtic while waiting in this limbo you propose?

You tell me, you will already know. No different than you would do if your annual windfall was cut off and reduced literally to installments. 

At this juncture the way this board are performing, every cunt's shares bar kt3b, who would be left with no other option than to cut their losses.

Not that it will take that long to get a new sherrif in Dodge when those shysters are well gone!

In that scenario we actually create the environment whereby kt3b cannot hold any potential suitor to ransome with the pendulum swinging to the suitors advantage in not paying an inflated price, because the windfall is cut off, leaving the current board with a choice. Either shit or get off the pan!

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

You tell me, you will already know. No different than you would do if your annual windfall was cut off and reduced literally to installments. 

At this juncture the way this board are performing, every cunt's shares bar kt3b, who would be left with no other option than to cut their losses.

Not that it will take that long to get a new sherrif in Dodge when those shysters are well gone!

In that scenario we actually create the environment whereby kt3b cannot hold any potential suitor to ransome with the pendulum swinging to the suitors advantage in not paying an inflated price, because the windfall is cut off, leaving the current board with a choice. Either shit or get off the pan!

Well, yeah it would be different. We have a £20m gap in wages to make up each year just to pull level.

I'd reckon a large swathe of our shareholders have absolutely no interest in the value of them and own them for purely sentimental reasons. They could become literally worthless and I'm sure lots would want to keep hold of them simply because they are share in Rangers.

So how long will it take? A week, a month? Where were all these investors over the last decade?

What happens if no-one new wants to put their hand in their pocket and shell out an eight or nine figure sum to buy a football club in Scotland and restore it to where it belongs? Do we just call it quits?

Most importantly, who are these super duper investors?

18 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

and thats on top of the squad price of theirs (Circa £20m) to the squad price of ours (circa £6m) you are looking at a capex spend of £15Million extra and an opex spend of an extra £20 million a year - and thats just to match them. Its fucking horrendous stats.

The way to quickly change the finances is to get to the group stages of the CL - then its a £50m swing. Which obviously is easier said than done.

The CL money presents a real challenge; it did in the past, and not done properly could do so again. I would like to see us one day factor that over a period, providing we ever get that again, so that a cashflow/working capital over a period was in operation, rather than living on one season at a time. The problem I have with the CL, and in a sense I resent what it does to a club like ours, is that it provides a very short term dividend; however the costs of the club are of a longer term nature- salaries etc. What we can't do is get into a situation where we are dependent on it, not in the short term; so we could extend its worth to our finances, over a period. Ideally this would happen.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well, yeah it would be different. We have a £20m gap in wages to make up each year just to pull level.

I'd reckon a large swathe of our shareholders have absolutely no interest in the value of them and own them for purely sentimental reasons. They could become literally worthless and I'm sure lots would want to keep hold of them simply because they are share in Rangers.

So how long will it take? A week, a month? Where were all these investors over the last decade?

What happens if no-one new wants to put their hand in their pocket and shell out an eight or nine figure sum to buy a football club in Scotland and restore it to where it belongs? Do we just call it quits?

You're not listening again.

One day for two that I know of, one of which I know personally one that I know personally and he is in no rush with king in the chair.Waiting on him falling on his erse.  It would be for an 8 figure sum, as we are simply not worth anymore than that and I aint going over that old ground as to why.

No need to call it quits, as we are already in a cycle of diminishing returns. We cannot win this league due to the financial constraints, so it's either take the punt or be forever second best and the fans depart the building. It's as simple as that. Accept it or forever hold your tongue as they say.

Pedros overall win rate as a manager is currently  42.29%. Considering he has only  worked in dud leagues before that is utter pants. He has broken several records at the helm of Rangers with the draw at partick being the first time they have took points of us since 1995. The guy is a clown with no style of play and struggles to put a sentence together. Sooner he fucks off the better. The team just now has no heart or fight. They are not playing for him. He wont take us forward. More likely backwords.

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

well this is it, Because we are a plc - there is absolutely nothing stopping them coming forward at this time. Not one thing. Yet there is utter silence. How bad or good the current board are would be immaterial to a group coming in who want to make their own board up.

You're not listening again.

One day for two that I know of, one of which I know personally one that I know personally and he is in no rush with king in the chair.Waiting on him falling on his erse.  It would be for an 8 figure sum, as we are simply not worth anymore than that and I aint going over that old ground as to why.

No need to call it quits, as we are already in a cycle of diminishing returns. We cannot win this league due to the financial constraints, so it's either take the punt or be forever second best and the fans depart the building. It's as simple as that. Accept it or forever hold your tongue as they say.

It would be an eight figure sum to buy and then the rest to get us on an even footing with celtic.

If he's in no rush to help us now then I must question his motives for doing so at all. Profiteering?

11 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

The CL money presents a real challenge; it did in the past, and not done properly could do so again. I would like to see us one day factor that over a period, providing we ever get that again, so that a cashflow/working capital over a period was in operation, rather than living on one season at a time. The problem I have with the CL, and in a sense I resent what it does to a club like ours, is that it provides a very short term dividend; however the costs of the club are of a longer term nature- salaries etc. What we can't do is get into a situation where we are dependent on it, not in the short term; so we could extend its worth to our finances, over a period. Ideally this would happen.

Well you either want to win or lose. Make up your mind as you are now waffling and waffling aint good for business.

2 minutes ago, Caldoboydo said:

Pedros overall win rate as a manager is currently  42.29%. Considering he has only  worked in dud leagues before that is utter pants. He has broken several records at the helm of Rangers with the draw at partick being the first time they have took points of us since 1995. The guy is a clown with no style of play and struggles to put a sentence together. Sooner he fucks off the better. The team just now has no heart or fight. They are not playing for him. He wont take us forward. More likely backwords.

Portugal and Mexico could learn a lot from Scotland...

Well you either want to win or lose. Make up your mind as you are now waffling and waffling aint good for business.

We have to be realistic. The CL money is not an income that is guaranteed for a start, but the main thing that has always concerned me about it is that it figures so highly in our turnover, when we make it I mean, and yet is basically a short term dividend. That has presented us with a problem in the past, especially with transfer fees and more particularly salaries, because those aspects of our finances cover a longer term period. 

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

well this is it, Because we are a plc - there is absolutely nothing stopping them coming forward at this time. Not one thing. Yet there is utter silence. How bad or good the current board are would be immaterial to a group coming in who want to make their own board up.

There was nothing to stop them in 2012 when they could have picked us up lock stock & barrel for £5m. They were nowhere to be seen.

They could have bought shares in the IPO. Still nothing.

When Ashley sold up someone else beat them to the punch.

So yeah, the idea there's some mega-rich businessman (bluenose or other) just sitting with a huge sum of cash to plough into us is pie-in-the-sky

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It would be an eight figure sum to buy and then the rest to get us on an even footing with celtic.

If he's in no rush to help us now then I must question his motives for doing so at all. Profiteering?

It's called not making a crook like king any richer and paying the correct value for the enterprise.

He has already made his offer and it was turned down. Can't say anymore on that, other than mini knows all about it!

As I said, he now just waits for this board to fall. It aint any skin of his nose. He doesn't need us, but we do need him and his like if we are to prosper.

Just now, The Dude said:

There was nothing to stop them in 2012 when they could have picked us up lock stock & barrel for £5m. They were nowhere to be seen.

They could have bought shares in the IPO. Still nothing.

When Ashley sold up someone else beat them to the punch.

So yeah, the idea there's some mega-rich businessman (bluenose or other) just sitting with a huge sum of cash to plough into us is pie-in-the-sky

Didn't the court case determine otherwise?

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Portugal and Mexico could learn a lot from Scotland...

Yes they are ranked higher than us but the point is still relevant. Ignoring his time in charge here is you compare him to Tommy Wright (who i am not suggesting) time at St J he has a lower win percentage than TW. 

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

It's called not making a crook like king any richer and paying the correct value for the enterprise.

He has already made his offer and it was turned down. Can't say anymore on that, other than mini knows all about it!

As I said, he now just waits for this board to fall. It aint any skin of his nose. He doesn't need us, but we do need him and his like if we are to prosper.

He doesn't need to wait for the board to fall though. As you conceded yourself, King etc aren't majority owners. A new guy need one share and enough of the shareholding to back them to affect serious change.

If he is prepared to pay the 'correct value' for the shareholding then I'm sure he'd find one shareholder who'd be happy to sell up. That is, of course, if he actually exists.

2 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Yes they are ranked higher than us but the point is still relevant. Ignoring his time in charge here is you compare him to Tommy Wright (who i am not suggesting) time at St J he has a lower win percentage than TW. 

Rowan Alexander has a higher win percentage than Sir Alex Ferguson.  The point lost its relevance when you claimed he'd only managed in 'dud leagues'

Just now, The Dude said:

Rowan Alexander has a higher win percentage than Sir Alex Ferguson.  The point lost its relevance when you claimed he'd only managed in 'dud leagues'

It was not my point initially. I used the comparision of TW as although Pedro had managed in portugal and Mexico it was not for top sides so i felt that comparing him to Tommy Wright was fair

Just now, gj923 said:

It was not my point initially. I used the comparision of TW as although Pedro had managed in portugal and Mexico it was not for top sides so i felt that comparing him to Tommy Wright was fair

Then why not say that instead of claiming hed managed in "dud leagues" when, in reality, he's managed in far better leagues than the SPFL.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

He doesn't need to wait for the board to fall though. As you conceded yourself, King etc aren't majority owners. A new guy need one share and enough of the shareholding to back them to affect serious change.

If he is prepared to pay the 'correct value' for the shareholding then I'm sure he'd find one shareholder who'd be happy to sell up. That is, of course, if he actually exists.

That's an expensive route filled with uncertainty. He aint a charity and wished to remain anonymous. The offer was made and vouched for through a law firm almost a year ago. If you have connections to mini, maybe you could prise it out of him.. 

King did have and maybe still does have the majority of shareholdes on his side if you care to remember. 

The guy IS a leading Glasgow based businessman with international business interests.

That's an expensive route filled with uncertainty. He aint a charity and wished to remain anonymous. The offer was made and vouched for through a law firm almost a year ago. If you have connections to mini, maybe you could prise it out of him.. 

King did have and maybe still does have the majority of shareholdes on his side if you care to remember. 

The guy IS a leading Glasgow based businessman with international business interests.

And if this guy is so fantastic and king so awful, surely he'd quickly turn that around so that he can take control.