Pedro: Time to go?

Virtuoso

Pedro: Time to go?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro...

• Time to resign / be sacked?
    • Given more time?
    • It's down to the referring (and continue to make excuses for him and his signings)?

On 23/09/2017 at 13:54, grfc1872 said:

Rangers fans pour money Into club .

Very poor decision making from top to bottom. 

Nail on head. Two poor managerial appointments although to be fair Warburton had some logic to it but Pedro is just so left field equally rather than sign Walker, Naismith, McLean and Moult we spend more on Mexican and Portuguese journeymen.  To bridge The chasm between us and the scum we need a big investment and that is not likely is it? 

They say it's darkest before dawn but this feels like we are stuck in perpetual darkness.  Never felt so low in 50 years of watching Rangers and I started going to games during their 9 in a row. 

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I never bought the 'McCoist doesnt trust McKay' stuff. He was a young player who thought he'd made it because he was playing first-team football in the lowest tier of professional football in Scotland. He was sent away to give him a little experience of what could happen if he didn't put the work in. He came back with a similar attitude to the one he had when he left on loan.

The idea we had a team of youths who would stroll the leagues with an experienced player or two doesn't work. There's our current U20 group (plus Jason Holt) knocked out the cup by Dumbarton. Last season it was Stenhousemuir. You just need to look at the group from 2012 and see where they are now to tell you all you need to know about their ability imo.

Little's part-time at Stirling Albion

No idea where Perry is.

Hegarty is at Linfield (i think)

Macleod has been out injured for the best part of 3 years.

The thing I mean is that McKay benefited from a Warburton effect; slightly in the same way Ferguson benefited from Advocaat. I'm not going to get into Ally arguments, but was he the best for those low divisions; did he have any have any choice but to stay because it went beyond football?  Coming up through the divisions wasn't great, and wasn't as clear cut; and maybe even now we don't realise how much this club has truly been affected by the past few years.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

There is only one alternative. Remove this board.

Also, if you mean people investing whilst this board control the investment, then there is absolutely no chance. Transparency in financial affairs, or any other for that matter, is not the watch word with this crew. If you mean by new owners, I've already stated how problematic it is with the strangle hold this crew have with the loans and based on a particular board member's MO, I would expect some sharp practices going on, as we have already seen in King's revelation to TOPS.

I would suspect that any interested parties are waiting on this bunch to fold, before any move.

For what though?

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I agree but the bigger picture people don't realise is the longer we keep ploughing on with shite managers the harder it gets as each month we literally become less and less of a prospect 

that's why this experiential shite with Pedro could have killed us off as a force and in a footballing sense 

too many people don't understand the severity of this 

I think we do get it mate. However prediction time.

I think we have a far better squad than last year. I think if we stick with Pedro we will get 2nd. I think we will get to a cup final this year at least. I think its still a new team and its taking time for some guys to come up to speed - but come up to speed they will. I think Pena if he remains fit could be a revelation for us - but we won't see the real deal until the end of November.

I think the gap between us and cellic isn't massive - but it is big  - and Pedro (or whoever) is going to need far more than the net spend of £5.9 million he has spent this year to bridge it - and that would apply to any manager you bring in. However, Pedro has no wiggle room left because of the shite results from last season. So either he gets points on the board or he will be out the door - thats managerial life -- but I feel we are just back to where we started then.

And before any cunts starts saying "your accepting second best" - I'm not - im accepting the realities of a shit financial situation - which Pedro cant bridge in 1 transfer window either

Just now, cushynumber said:

I think we have a far better squad than last year. I think if we stick with Pedro we will get 2nd. I think we will get to a cup final this year at least. I think its still a new team and its taking time for some guys to come up to speed - but come up to speed they will. I think Pena if he remains fit could be a revelation for us - but we won't see the real deal until the end of November.

I think the gap between us and cellic isn't massive - but it is big  - and Pedro (or whoever) is going to need far more than the net spend of £5.9 million he has spent this year to bridge it - and that would apply to any manager you bring in. However, Pedro has no wiggle room left because of the shite results from last season. So either he gets points on the board or he will be out the door - thats managerial life -- but I feel we are just back to where we started then.

And before any cunts starts saying "your accepting second best" - I'm not - im accepting the realities of a shit financial situation - which Pedro cant bridge in 1 transfer window either

That's what I like about you even if I disagree you can put a point across without being a wank or talking to me like I'm scum 

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

There is only one alternative. Remove this board.

Also, if you mean people investing whilst this board control the investment, then there is absolutely no chance. Transparency in financial affairs, or any other for that matter, is not the watch word with this crew. If you mean by new owners, I've already stated how problematic it is with the strangle hold this crew have with the loans and based on a particular board member's MO, I would expect some sharp practices going on, as we have already seen in King's revelation to TOPS.

I would suspect that any interested parties are waiting on this bunch to fold, before any move.

I believe if there was a group or individual who wanted to spend cash on Rangers buying out the board or investing they'd have shown their hand. I seriously doubt anyone will do so and there is no investment return on a Scott team any Scottish team. 

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

It's hard to disagree with any of this. We all know where we want to be, but how to get there, and when we get there is very much a matter of debate. Hopefully we go on a run of form starting this week; at least in the short term it would give us all a lift.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's hard to disagree with any of this. We all know where we want to be, but how to get there, and when we get there is very much a matter of debate. Hopefully we go on a run of form starting this week; at least in the short term it would give us all a lift.

managers are only as good as their last game. He needs to put points on the board. 

17 minutes ago, Smile said:

What's weird about Pedro is he's got an excellent away record and poor at home, I'm sure Warburton had a poor away record and was good at home.

He has actually always said he likes a counter-attacking team style - but try doing that when Partick come and park the bus.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

For what though?

To clear the way for any potential suitors to make their.

This board are not the owners but elected minority shareholders, plus with King trying to give himself wriggle room from TOPS now saying he isn't. They depend on our money to keep their stranglehold. The outlaws would depart Dodge quicker than a moon rocket if we stopped ST money and went on a pay by game basis. 

Once gone, one option is the shareholders elect an interim board to find potential buyers if that is what the majority desire, unless one or some of their number wish stump up further investment, which they won't as this project has well and truly ran it's course, so cash in the chips time, even at a loss and then watch the moves made. I know of one Shark who would be like a rat up a drain pipe, but not that he would be the answer.

You don't get anywhere not taking your chances and TBH it's not such a big risk compared to the alternative, which is slow painful death as the law of diminshing returns take hold. Getting skelped by the scum and others and fan numbers dwindling.

I said before, we are getting to a tipping point and we better make sure it's in our favour.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

This board are not the owners but elected minority shareholders, plus with King trying to give himself wriggle room from TOPS now saying he isn't. They depend on our money to keep their stranglehold. The outlaws would depart Dodge quicker than a moon rocket if we stopped ST money and went on a pay by game basis. 

Once gone, one option is the shareholders elect an interim board to find potential buyers if that is what the majority desire, unless one or some of their number wish stump up further investment, which they won't as this project has well and truly ran it's course, so cash in the chips time, even at a loss and then watch the moves made. I know of one Shark who would be like a rat up a drain pipe, but not that he would be the answer.

You don't get anywhere not taking your chances and TBH it's not such a big risk compared to the alternative, which is slow painful death as the law of diminshing returns take hold. Getting skelped by the scum and others and fan numbers dwindling.

I said before, we are getting to a tipping point and we better make sure it's in our favour.

Who covers the losses the company is making in the interim?

How long do we go with a place-holder board to find a buyer? a year, two years, as long as is necessary?

Whose shareholding would they be buying?

How do we close the £20m+ wage gap each year between us and celtic while waiting in this limbo you propose?

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

For me the club right now has a golden opportunity in the commercial sphere; there is a real potential for the club to grow in that particular area. It would be interesting to see what would happen to the state of things if that were grow; this is the part of that aspect of the club I would pay attention to the most; particularly in retail and related to that. It would be good to see the club get back to where it was in terms of that, and take it from there.  

11 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

I believe if there was a group or individual who wanted to spend cash on Rangers buying out the board or investing they'd have shown their hand. I seriously doubt anyone will do so and there is no investment return on a Scott team any Scottish team. 

Well I think the scum do pretty well out of it. That is because they have spent enough in our demise to have created a monopoly, whereby no one can match them financially by any stretch.

So it's take a punt and close the gap. It's only them we have to beat, albeit substantial funding will be needed, but it is very doable with only one other in the competition. The interest in that is always there and King knows it, but I'll bet he is holding out for more, which leaves suitors playing a waiting game in this instance as every cunt on the planet knows we are financially unstable, so they wait for us to fail, as in when the cash runs out as in the board having no desire to fund any more cash short falls..

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Well I think the scum do pretty well out of it. That is because they have spent enough in our demise to have created a monopoly, whereby no one can match them financially by any stretch.

So it's take a punt and close the gap. It's only them we have to beat, albeit substantial funding will be needed, but it is very doable with only one other in the competition. The interest in that is always there and King knows it, but I'll bet he is holding out for more, which leaves suitors playing a waiting game in this instance as every cunt on the planet knows we are financially unstable, so they wait for us to fail, as in when the cash runs out as in the board having no desire to fund any more cash short falls..

Anyone doing anything like wouldn't be making a hostile bid; recent times has shown that is not the way to go about such a thing. If there are people out there, then they would do it favourably by this board, I believe. I think how that would come about is on the basis of what is being done at the moment, where you build a solid infrastructure, that makes the club commercially viable, and play to its strengths; only under that basis would a someone coming in come in. I don't think that time is soon, but I could imagine it happening one day.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

That's a pretty bleak view. You may well be right.  However my view is that the board will keep the club going they won't let us run out of cash but equally they won't 'invest' the levels required either because they don't want to (which is their right) or because they don't have that level of funds. 

43 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

If this club was looked at as something to invest in, taking it as operating in a certain sector, where others are being invested in , it's hard to imagine that no one whatsoever has had a look; in recent times I mean. The foundation of the fanbase is one dynamic, but so is the growth potential, and the commercial profile and so on. As I've said, I find it very hard to believe no one has shown even a slight interest.

and lots not forget the ongoing propaganda against us, the drip feeding of hate against our club 

2 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

That's a pretty bleak view. You may well be right.  However my view is that the board will keep the club going they won't let us run out of cash but equally they won't 'invest' the levels required either because they don't want to (which is their right) or because they don't have that level of funds. 

It's not just funds though. This club has experienced a lot of turmoil in the past few years, it does no harm to have it settled for a while, to find its feet, then go forward. The most frustrating thing right now is to be patient, but maybe for the time being we have to be patient. I think better days will come; when they come is a matter of speculation.

46 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Any suggestions on how to close the £20m  per year gap in wages between us and celtic?

and thats on top of the squad price of theirs (Circa £20m) to the squad price of ours (circa £6m) you are looking at a capex spend of £15Million extra and an opex spend of an extra £20 million a year - and thats just to match them. Its fucking horrendous stats.

The way to quickly change the finances is to get to the group stages of the CL - then its a £50m swing. Which obviously is easier said than done.