Pedro: Time to go?

Virtuoso

Pedro: Time to go?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. Pedro...

• Time to resign / be sacked?
    • Given more time?
    • It's down to the referring (and continue to make excuses for him and his signings)?

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Have no idea how anybody who has watched us this season could ever claim our defence has improved drastically. Our defence is still woeful and making individual errors. The 11 shots at Fod are one of those pointless stats, because it totally ignores shots off target which can be better chances compared to shots on target, for example Moult missing a great chance on the opening day or Dundee free header that went just went to make it 1-1.

The defence is rank rotten. The obvious stat to back this up is the amount of goals we have conceded this season (10) which is 1 less than this time last season and we conceded 5 in one game by this point. Factor in the chances you brought up and the 1 clean sheet we've had this season (same amount after 7 games in 16/17) it doesn't seem to have improved at all.

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

When you look back, and i try not to in this case, there really was an opportunity missed. We even played Queen's Park, and a young player was right under our noses. Most of the signings back then were horrific.

Look at our team most weeks: Hegarty, Perry, Little, Crawford, Macleod, McKay, Aird all regulars. The idea we never played youth isn't really borne out by the teams we DID play. Home grown players made something like 300 appearances combined across 2012/13 alone.

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

The defence is rank rotten. The obvious stat to back this up is the amount of goals we have conceded this season (10) which is 1 less than this time last season and we conceded 5 in one game by this point. Factor in the chances you brought up and the 1 clean sheet we've had this season (same amount after 7 games in 16/17) it doesn't seem to have improved at all.

The team is better though, it is obvious during most games that we are the better team, last season that was not the case.

18 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Have no idea how anybody who has watched us this season could ever claim our defence has improved drastically. Our defence is still woeful and making individual errors. The 11 shots at Fod are one of those pointless stats, because it totally ignores shots off target which can be better chances compared to shots on target, for example Moult missing a great chance on the opening day or Dundee free header that went just went to make it 1-1.

I believe that stat was shots at goal as opposed to shots on target. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Look at our team most weeks: Hegarty, Perry, Little, Crawford, Macleod, McKay, Aird all regulars. The idea we never played youth isn't really borne out by the teams we DID play. Home grown players made something like 300 appearances combined across 2012/13 alone.

But factor in that that just over two years ago McKay was playing elsewhere; within one season, having a manager who believed in him in a big way, and he was impacting the team. That stat is interesting, because apart from Lewis MacLeod it appeared to be mediocre what we were seeing at that time.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

But factor in that that just over two years ago McKay was playing elsewhere; within one season, having a manager who believed in him, and he was impacting the team. That stat is interesting, because apart from Lewis MacLeod it appeared to be mediocre.

I'd even argue MacLeod was mediocre too mate 

Just now, K.A.I said:

I'd even argue MacLeod was mediocre too mate 

I loved him; he had that ability to look as if he had longer on the ball then he really had. What has been forgotten about this club's time in the last few years is how many young careers nosedived after we went down; I find that a very sad state of affairs, not just for the club, but for those players who could have grown into very good Rangers players. Without the burden of being the main man, MacLeod could have most likely been one of those. 

19 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

The only reason I support him staying is because I can't see better alternatives. My concern is that the manager is only part of a bigger problem; the problem is finding the solution to the situation we find ourselves in. at many levels of the club.

The culture this board have engendered would devour the best of managers, not that any good ones would come. You don't have to be too shining bright to smell a rat.

As for the wido shite also rans, they'd just take the job under any circumstances and get Rangers on the CV, get the the big pay off when they fail and laugh their cocks off as they leave Dodge.

Then there's the naive green hons, who would actually believe they could make a difference. Employers love these types. Great for a good using and scapegoated to fuck when they fail, as planned!

Time the outlaws were run out of Dodge and we take back our damaged integrity, culture and heritage from these shysters.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

The culture this board have engendered would devour the best of managers, not that any good ones would come. You don't have to be too shining bright to smell a rat.

As for the wido shite also rans, they'd just take the job under any circumstances and get Rangers on the CV, get the the big pay off when they fail and laugh their cocks off as they leave Dodge.

Then there's the naive green hons, who would actually believe they could make a difference. Employers love these types. Great for a good using and scapegoated to fuck when they fail, as planned!

Time the outlaws were run out of Dodge and we take back our damaged integrity, culture and heritage from these shysters.

What are the alternatives to all of that though? I keep many of my views on this mostly to myself, but it is hard to imagine there are not people willing to invest in this club.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

But factor in that that just over two years ago McKay was playing elsewhere; within one season, having a manager who believed in him in a big way, and he was impacting the team. That stat is interesting, because apart from Lewis MacLeod it appeared to be mediocre what we were seeing at that time.

I never bought the 'McCoist doesnt trust McKay' stuff. He was a young player who thought he'd made it because he was playing first-team football in the lowest tier of professional football in Scotland. He was sent away to give him a little experience of what could happen if he didn't put the work in. He came back with a similar attitude to the one he had when he left on loan.

The idea we had a team of youths who would stroll the leagues with an experienced player or two doesn't work. There's our current U20 group (plus Jason Holt) knocked out the cup by Dumbarton. Last season it was Stenhousemuir. You just need to look at the group from 2012 and see where they are now to tell you all you need to know about their ability imo.

Little's part-time at Stirling Albion

No idea where Perry is.

Hegarty is at Linfield (i think)

Macleod has been out injured for the best part of 3 years.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

there appears to be no-one with money to burn.

I agree but the bigger picture people don't realise is the longer we keep ploughing on with shite managers the harder it gets as each month we literally become less and less of a prospect 

that's why this experiential shite with Pedro could have killed us off as a force and in a footballing sense 

too many people don't understand the severity of this 

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

The team is better though, it is obvious during most games that we are the better team, last season that was not the case.

Going forward I would agree and having a good striker has helped. I'd argue our midfield is stronger to. However, the main underlying issue throughout Warburton's time was the defence and that remains under Pedro

It's all good having better general play but if you can't shut a game out we will, and have, drop stupid points. It could be the issue as to why he hasn't won three games on the bounce!

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Any suggestions on how to close the £20m  per year gap in wages between us and celtic?

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

there appears to be no-one with money to burn.

If this club was looked at as something to invest in, taking it as operating in a certain sector, where others are being invested in , it's hard to imagine that no one whatsoever has had a look; in recent times I mean. The foundation of the fanbase is one dynamic, but so is the growth potential, and the commercial profile and so on. As I've said, I find it very hard to believe no one has shown even a slight interest.

Just now, sandyinroyalblue said:

Any idea what the gap is between us and Aberdeen,not being sarcastic just interested to know.

Last figure for Aberdeen was up to June 2016  - £6.2m which is pretty much what we were spending at the same time.

We're up to £10.3m iirc per the last accounts.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

What are the alternatives to all of that though? I keep many of my views on this mostly to myself, but it is hard to imagine there are not people willing to invest in this club.

There is only one alternative. Remove this board.

Also, if you mean people investing whilst this board control the investment, then there is absolutely no chance. Transparency in financial affairs, or any other for that matter, is not the watch word with this crew. If you mean by new owners, I've already stated how problematic it is with the strangle hold this crew have with the loans and based on a particular board member's MO, I would expect some sharp practices going on, as we have already seen in King's revelation to TOPS.

I would suspect that any interested parties are waiting on this bunch to fold, before any move.

6 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Going forward I would agree and having a good striker has helped. I'd argue our midfield is stronger to. However, the main underlying issue throughout Warburton's time was the defence and that remains under Pedro

It's all good having better general play but if you can't shut a game out we will, and have, drop stupid points. It could be the issue as to why he hasn't won three games on the bounce!

What's weird about Pedro is he's got an excellent away record and poor at home, I'm sure Warburton had a poor away record and was good at home.