Your first experience of Hampden

Copland bear

I am taking  my son along to Hampden for the first time this Sunday and it had me thinking about my first experience with my late father who passed away in 2012. I first went along to Hampden in April 79, League cup semi against Patrick which finished 0-0 and we won a the replay a few days later which I was also at with DJ scoring the only goal in a 1-0 win. I was also at the final the end of March with big Bomber Jackson scoring the winner very near the end to complete a 2-1 victory after being 1-0 down against Alex Ferguson's Aberdeen. My next experience were the 3 finals in the Scottish cup against Hibs a couple of months later  and I got to see  the Scottish cup close up for the very first time as they came around the park on a rainy Hampden night with the cup gleaming under the floodlights. I was hooked and a life long bear by now. I was 8 years old and 9 months, now my son will be 8 years old and 2 months, so the little cunt beats me by 6 months, we are both going to a league cup semi for our first game also  

So what was your first experience of Hampden as a child you can remember, not my da took me as a 2 year old shite. But your actual first experience you remember.

Who's was Big Tam's winner first experience? Lovenkrands? Jelavic , Or for the really  old codgers Karl Johannson in 1966? 

I fancy a 4-1 win and I have a feeling that  HIV might put them out and give us that extra wee lift.  Sitting in main stand p3 or something so at least the wee man is not stuck behind the goal and and a quarter a mile away from the goal nearest to you, which is a joke in this day and age for a national football stadium. 

But no matter who we get in the final I won't be taking my son , as if we get the tarriers they hit small kids with bottles , as was the case the last 2 seasons , and HIV fans can do what they want at the national stadium attack our players , charge our fans etc with very little done. 

No matter who we get in the final we are seen as the aggressors and they are seen as the victim in this fucked up country( Go figure that one out).   No surrender fellow bears and enjoy Sunday. ??

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Humped 2-0 v hibs in Scottish Cup Semi-final replay back in 1972 . A terrible display , yet a week or so later we'd go beat Bayetn Munich . 

A funny old game . 

Were you at the 73 final? Big Tam was my favourite player along with his  number 4 , even called my cat Tam.   And to you younger cunts his nickname was Jaws.

By fuck we could do with him against the tarriers and that cunt Briwn 

Scottish Cup Final 1976 Rangers v Hearts, 3 - 1

I was seven, there with my Dad and remember being terrified when the goals were scored being that we were in the celtic end I remember it getting darker when everyone around me jumped up to celebrate. The smell of alcohol and urine not to mention the amount of cans and bottles strewn on the terrace at full time, changed days indeed.

3 minutes ago, Spliffy said:

A Scotland qualifier way back (2001ish?) Was against Iceland, we won 2-1, think Miller scored and maybe Christian Dailly as well, or Pressley...can't remember.

Second experience, Stone Roses 2017.

Lee Wilkie.

Just now, ScotlandSt said:

Scottish Cup Final 1976 Rangers v Hearts, 3 - 1

I was seven, there with my Dad and remember being terrified when the goals were scored being that we were in the celtic end I remember it getting darker when everyone around me jumped up to celebrate. The smell of alcohol and urine not to mention the amount of cans and bottles strewn on the terrace at full time, changed days indeed.

Did you see DJ's opener ? Did they not start the game at 2.58pm and DJ scored in the first minute ,  also one of Big Jock's treble winning teams. Would love to have been there 

9 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

First game ? As that was a send off party live on tv as we just had to turn up and bring the thing home :headwall:

It's funny the way memory plays tricks I seem to remember them leaving the centre circle in a helicopter but of course that never happened ... must have been the euphoria of it all :Fod: