Your first experience of Hampden

Copland bear

Just now, Thermopylae said:

It's funny the way memory plays tricks I seem to remember them leaving the centre circle in a helicopter but of course that never happened ... must have been the euphoria of it all :Fod:

And Andy Cameron and Ally's tartan army?, fucking class football song, I got the tracksuit along with my brother 1977 for Christmas .  What were we thinking off ?:britney:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

Did you see DJ's opener ? Did they not start the game at 2.58pm and DJ scored in the first minute ,  also one of Big Jock's treble winning teams. Would love to have been there 

Like I said, I was seven and stood about 3 feet tall if I was lucky so missed most of the match due to everyone being twice as tall, my Dad lifted me onto his shoulders a couple of times but I'm sure I was probably more of a hinderence......

Davie Cooper free kick v the sheep is the first I remember. I'm sure that wasn't my first but the old memory isn't as good as it once was.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dq510iX7ceHA&ved=0ahUKEwjG8oKAtP_WAhWOEVAKHeIfDlEQwqsBCEQwDA&usg=AOvVaw1db4-FnzXB90qpYTJLpRRl

Big Tams final. As a kid growing up in Kingspark was told not to go near Hampden. Of course pal and I duly go over and a cop asks us if we want to go in. Yes we reply problem is it’s the celtic end. We still go in and when JG makes that great diving save a pape in front of us asks who had saved the ball. Wee mate replies don’t know but he’s an orange bastard ?. 

Twenty minutes to go we leave the pape end and get into the enclosure. Walk up the wee steps and a hand on my shoulder followed by “what are you doing here?”  It was my old dear with my wee brother. 126,000 crowd and I bump into her. Unreal. 

I remember that night there was a party at the next door neighbours(papes) and the old dear goes in her red white and blue dress while my old man carried her accordion ?

1 minute ago, mearns loyal said:

Big Tams final. As a kid growing up in Kingspark was told not to go near Hampden. Of course pal and I duly go over and a cop asks us if we want to go in. Yes we reply problem is it’s the celtic end. We still go in and when JG makes that great diving save a pape in front of us asks who had saved the ball. Wee mate replies don’t know but he’s an orange bastard ?. 

Twenty minutes to go we leave the pape end and get into the enclosure. Walk up the wee steps and a hand on my shoulder followed by “what are you doing here?”  It was my old dear with my wee brother. 126,000 crowd and I bump into her. Unreal. 

I remember that night there was a party at the next door neighbours(papes) and the old dear goes in her red white and blue dress while my old man carried her accordion ?

??

?

16 minutes ago, ScotlandSt said:

Like I said, I was seven and stood about 3 feet tall if I was lucky so missed most of the match due to everyone being twice as tall, my Dad lifted me onto his shoulders a couple of times but I'm sure I was probably more of a hinderence......

Fucking class , also love the advertisements around the ground Visonhire ? we rented our telly from there.

To all you skinny jean wee fuckers most people had one tv in the house and sometimes with a metre on the back of it you fed 50p too, the guy came around took what the rental was and gave you back anything extra in the box. 

And they call it the good old days ? 

12 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Were you at the 73 final? Big Tam was my favourite player along with his  number 4 , even called my cat Tam.   And to you younger cunts his nickname was Jaws.

By fuck we could do with him against the tarriers and that cunt Briwn 

No . The reason  I got to go to Hampden, I was about 10 at the time , was because we were just about to emigrate to Saudi Arabia for a couple of years . We got to see the whole game a week later - the only time they showed Scottish football . 

Didn't even get to see the goals in the ECWC final till the 80's believe it or not . 

5 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Aye but the cunts that one it all had beards if I remember correct. :matron:

Lol yeah. Saudis. Although Scotland fucked it against them in the final. 2-0 up then beat on penalties. 50k at that. The crowds were really good later in the tournament. With future stars like Dickov, Bollan and Neil Murray the people were always going to come out in numbers.

A 16YO Luis Figo was the biggest star to be that played.

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

No . The reason  I got to go to Hampden, I was about 10 at the time , was because we were just about to emigrate to Saudi Arabia for a couple of years . We got to see the whole game a week later - the only time they showed Scottish football . 

Didn't even get to see the goals in the ECWC final till the 80's believe it or not . 

If I could go back in time big Tam's final, 2-0 Munich and Barcelona are the 3 games I would choose 

4 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Fucking class , also love the advertisements around the ground Visonhirei, we rented our telly from there.

To all you skinny jean wee fuckers most people had one tv in the house and sometimes with a metre on the back of it you fed 50p too, the guy came around took what the rental was and gave you back anything extra in the box. 

And they call it the good old days ? 

Aye we had the slot meter for the telly 50p the electric 10p and the gas, again 50p I remember these times well with the melancholic in me sometimes wishing they hadn't passed

Bobby McKean, Derek Parlane, John Greig, Derek Johnstone, Peter McCloy, Tam Forsyth, John MacDonald in my childhood I used to think I was any one of these characters when playing up the park.

3 minutes ago, ScotlandSt said:

Aye we had the slot meter for the telly 50p the electric 10p and the gas, again 50p I remember these times well with the melancholic in me sometimes wishing they hadn't passed

Bobby McKean, Derek Parlane, John Greig, Derek Johnstone, Peter McCloy, Tam Forsyth, John MacDonald in my childhood I used to think I was any one of these characters when playing up the park.

And the alpine ginger when the lorry came round the streets, it was not like it is nowadays with supermarkets etc.  You saw it coming it was up the hoose for money and end up getting a crate for the hoose 

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

And the alpine ginger when the lorry came round the streets

Remember it well though, my Dad wasn't too keen on it, don't know if it was the price or the fact it had literally came off the back of a lorry...... then again so did the coal!

3 minutes ago, ScotlandSt said:

I remember when Bobby McKean committed suicide I was very young.  Never saw him play and sadly never mentioned at Ibrox,