Pedro - MUST stay! yes he does

KeyserSoze

Just now, cushynumber said:

He is a likeable and decent man and I agree we have made progress. But every big game we fail - yet in most, I believe we have the better team on paper. Where is it going wrong?

I think it's the squad mentality - not adapting to the Scottish game... not coping with the pressure, just look at our good away form at smaller grounds and smaller crowds - we look far more comfortable than when we are at Ibrox/Hampden. 

That in time can be fixed

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We used to slag that mob in.the 90s with macari Brady etc . Constant changes in manager .. they got Burns in and although failed to win the league it stabilised them to the extent they had money and were attractive to Oneil etc .

We can't keep.shifting managers and players  when.we have no money to do better otherwise we'll never improve .. 

We're 5 quality players short .maybe 6 of a good first 17 .

Say we sack Pedro tomorrow who comes in ? . . We sell his signings for less than we paid and bting.in.who ?? Back.to cheap lower league players and back to square 1 

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

He is a likeable and decent man and I agree we have made progress. But every big game we fail - yet in most, I believe we have the better team on paper. Where is it going wrong?

We also have a habit of failing in almost every smaller game as well.

At least we're consistent.

21 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

You didnt need another thread hero and you,re wrong.

19 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Was the other shite thread not good enough?

19 minutes ago, Smile said:

The OP must have been hurting the BluePeter9 getting more attention than him here.

16 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Merge this with bp9's

Fucking hell - that was a bit scary! 

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Consistency. Morelos hasn't scored in four or five games now, Pena is all sugar or all shite, Candeias looks like he can get at teams but doesn't do it anywhere enough, Jack and Dorrans just don't really click, Tav and Declan John tend to either be game-changers or completely anonymous, the keeper has been swapped depending on the competition and we've had something like 6 CB partnerships already this season. The only consistent bit in the team is Josh Windass hiding.

3 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

We used to slag that mob in.the 90s with macari Brady etc . Constant changes in manager .. they got Burns in and although failed to win the league it stabilised them to the extent they had money and were attractive to Oneil etc .

We can't keep.shifting managers and players  when.we have no money to do better otherwise we'll never improve .. 

Say we sack Pedro tomorrow who comes in ? . . We sell his signings for less than we paid and bting.in.who ?? Back.to cheap lower league players and back to square 1 

We haven’t left square one,stagnant sums it up.

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think it's the squad mentality - not adapting to the Scottish game... not coping with the pressure, just look at our good away form at smaller grounds and smaller crowds - we look far more comfortable than when we are at Ibrox/Hampden. 

That in time can be fixed

Think there's something to this although I'm not sure if it's ;not adapting' rather than 'taking some time to adapt' to Scottish football

I don't really know what else he could do to prove he's not good enough. He's got us beaten in every big game we play, got us embarrassingly chucked out of Europe before the school's went back, beaten for the first time ever by Motherwell in a semi final plus shattering records for defeats to Aberdeen. That's not all though when you consider a newly promoted side beat us at Ibrox and the tims have humiliated us in every game we have played under him.

Its like having the love child of Tony Mowbury and Ronny Deila managing us. He's the worst of the lot and some of our support just accept it. No wonder folk are ripping the pish out of us 

Just now, The Dude said:

Think there's something to this although I'm not sure if it's ;not adapting' rather than 'taking some time to adapt' to Scottish football

I think Morelos hit the ground running, Cardoso has taken longer but looks like he is adapting and Pena looks like he can't.:lol:

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

we are in danger of turning into leeds. Grettin about past glories, with little money while we consistently blame managers.

We seem to have a support who are happy with second just so they don’t get slagged by their Aberdeen pals and the rest who think we have a god given right to win everything. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

or better still why not contribute something for a change instead of your usual boring one liners

I only use "boring one liners" on posters that refuse to accept obvious problems. 

Don't let yourself get worked up about my response though mate, I notice you've quoted it twice now at different times. 

I think Morelos hit the ground running, Cardoso has taken longer but looks like he is adapting and Pena looks like he can't.:lol:

Aye, I think Morelos probably has although his form has totally dropped off recently. I know from my own experience it took me a while to get everything together the first time I moved to a new country for work - and that was without needing to learn the language really - so I can get why it's maybe taking some of them a bit longer than the rest to settle in. Especially when you look at the climate here and what they've come from and the huge differences in the style of football

6 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

You seem to ignore that they had someone of financial clout who came in and drove a very sensible and successful business model. 

They redeveloped a stadium and grew ST holders from 7k to 50k.  This gave them the platform to build.

We don't have the opportunity to create wealth in the same way now. But our Board must find a way of providing a solution or they should go.

McCann was as crucial to them as any player or manager. In fact more as he rescued them.

We need our own saviour now otherwise years of mediocrity is guaranteed regardless of manager.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I only use "boring one liners" on posters that refuse to accept obvious problems. 

Don't let yourself get worked up about my response though mate, I notice you've quoted it twice now at different times. 

So what are the obvious problems and give an insight into possible fixes? I have accepted the obvious and put an alternative solution out there.. let's hear yours

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Reading is not your strong point then?

You're two main points are literally that we've had a lot of managers recently (btw it's only been 3, interim managers don't count) and that he's "a character you like" who "gets it". 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

So what are the obvious problems and give an insight into possible fixes? I have accepted the obvious and put an alternative solution out there.. let's hear yours

I'd say the obvious problems are the fact we've lost every meaningful game we've ever played under him. 

He's brutal and needs replaced. It's been said for months in multiple threads and it hasn't changed. 

You can talk about revolving doors and stability until you're blue in the face but the fact is it's a revolving door of absolute dross and stability at this club should not be a hard fought battle for 2nd place when your budget and facilities are the second best in the country.