Pedro - MUST stay! yes he does

KeyserSoze

I think he should stay and here are my reasons why.

• Stability - we have had 6 managers in 6 years, three of which have been temporary. This has caused great instability in our club with all the chopping and changing, not including the squad culls each manager goes through to bring in their own players and the financial pressures we are under to meet these obligations.

Do we keep going like this - a revolving door of people coming in and out of our club? constantly disrupting the set up.... surely this can't be healthy. Our greatest success has come from stability at our club. Just look at Souness, Smith and to an extent Advocaat.. 3 managers in 15yrs against 6 managers in 6yrs - OK I concede those were different times ££££ but the premise is the same.

• Now for Pedro -  a character I like - he does not suffer fools - we have seen this with his treatment of MOH, Halliday, Miller etc... he has replaced nearly all of the players even we as supporters were crying out to be punted. He has been given funding and spent some of it wisely and some of it not so... it's now time to build on what we have.

Remember we are two positions higher, a point more (having played one less game) and a +9 goal difference better than this time last year, meaning we are 6 points off the pace instead of 9. It's clutching at straws I know - but it is better.... 

Pedro is a passionate man, he is hard working by all accounts and believes in what he is trying to do... he shows his passion for this club openly and is not scared to give his opinion - his character is what has been absent from Rangers from some time, a big pair of balls, a huge heart and a determination to get things right. Pitch that against the mealy mouthed characters our club has attracted over the past six years and it's night and day. He also, by all accounts can coach too!

Allow him to identify the areas needing strengthened, continually improve at each window which reduces the pressures financially (transfer windows are not a good idea as they hamstrung managers for long periods before a fix can be found) and the board to support him in this and build a squad from the current crop of players - I think in two windows we will have something near to challenging that lot... 

It needs to be short term pain for long term gain, it really does.

The alternative is we bring a new manager in .. cross our fingers and hope to hell  -  repeat to fade. That will be 7 managers in 6 years - Walter Smith was our 9th manager in 100yrs - just say that out loud.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is no long term gain. He’s failed every big test he’s been given. He’s failed to win 3 games in a row. He’s failed to beat Partick thistle in 90 minutes this season in 2 attempts. He’s failed to get us past a diddy team in Europe. He. Has. Failed.

i agree with the point that we are on danger of being stuck in a perpetual loop of continually replacing failing Managers.

We need to look at the bigger picture now. Under current regime with current budget there isnt a manager alive that could  wrestle the title from them. 

Pedro can be his own worse enemy though, he gives too much information to the press and they use it to batter him over the head with it when things go wrong.

I think we should be turning the focus on the board as they need to identify the right man and back him heavily - i cant see that happening, so maybe they ought to step aside

I like Pedro but he has cost us in big games and is making us a laughing stock with the daft things he says that aren't backed up on the pitch.

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

• Stability - we have had 6 managers in 6 years, three of which have been temporary. This has caused great instability in our club with all the chopping and changing, not including the squad culls each manager goes through to bring in their own players and the financial pressures we are under to meet these obligations.

Do we keep going like this - a revolving door of people coming in and out of our club? constantly disrupting the set up.... surely this can't be healthy. Our greatest success has come from stability at our club. Just look at Souness, Smith and to an extent Advocaat.. 3 managers in 15yrs against 6 managers in 6yrs - OK I concede those were different times ££££ but the premise is the same.

• Now for Pedro -  a character I like - he does not suffer fools - we have seen this with his treatment of MOH, Halliday, Miller etc... he has replaced nearly all of the players even we as supporters were crying out to be punted. He has been given funding and spent some of it wisely and some of it not so... it's now time to build on what we have.

Remember we are two positions higher, a point more (having played one less game) and a +9 goal difference better than this time last year, meaning we are 6 points off the pace instead of 9. It's clutching at straws I know - but it is better.... 

Pedro is a passionate man, he is hard working by all accounts and believes in what he is trying to do... he shows his passion for this club openly and is not scared to give his opinion - his character is what has been absent from Rangers from some time, a big pair of balls, a huge heart and a determination to get things right. Pitch that against the mealy mouthed characters our club has attracted over the past six years and it's night and day. He also, by all accounts can coach too!

Allow him to identify the areas needing strengthened, continually improve at each window which reduces the pressures financially (transfer windows are not a good idea as they hamstrung managers for long periods before a fix can be found) and the board to support him in this and build a squad from the current crop of players - I think in two windows we will have something near to challenging that lot... 

The alternative is we bring a new manager in .. cross our fingers and hope to hell  -  repeat to fade. That will be 7 managers in 6 years - Walter Smith was our 9th manager in 100yrs - just say that out loud.

Just say this out loud, a board with funds and a business/football plan are what is needed, I would hazard the last 5 years is far from short term and certainly little if any gain.

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I agree with 99% of that mate. 

Only bit we differ on is for his first season he needs to get the team into a comfortable second, failure to do that should mean he is replaced. Then the ball is the court of the board to fund a real challenge for the title. 

I think this is achievable and a mark of progress. :tu: 

17 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

????

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

yup, mine to but what the fuck have we to do? It can't go on the same way we have been going for the past six years.... we need to hold steady 

Agreed, we are in danger of turning into all those wee diddy clubs that role out a new manager every 6 months.