2 Significant Results last night

The Ibrox Derry

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Significant in that McInnes can't raise a team in second place to beat first ffs....

When you look at a piece of paper Aberdeen and celtic might be next to each other in terms of the league table.  The reality, however, is that these two teams are worlds apart.  celtic finished with 106 points last season so how can McInnes realistically be expected to compete with them spending a fraction of their budget?  I sympathise with McInnes and don't think his failure to stop celtic means he's a bad manager.  Realistically, he would need some hefty backing in the transfer market and that's not going to come.  

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Warburton's a better manager than McIness, if we take their whole records into account. We'd be going back the way on what we had with Warburton with McIness.

Fair enough but Redknapp as a manager McInnes can’t touch him. I just don’t see it and I’d be disappointed if it was McInnes tbh over the 3 out of the 4 I mentioned. We need a real experienced and respected manager to dig us out of this, someone who wants to be successful maybe one last time then we can go for the upcoming younger manager who will build something. But right now? Fuck all that I want the best chance possible to stop 8,9,10

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Fair enough but Redknapp as a manager McInnes can’t touch him. I just don’t see it and I’d be disappointed if it was McInnes tbh over the 3 out of the 4 I mentioned. We need a real experienced and respected manager to dig us out of this, someone who wants to be successful maybe one last time then we can go for the upcoming younger manager who will build something. But right now? Fuck all that I want the best chance possible to stop 8,9,10

I'd love to see Mark Hughes here, he has taken Stoke as far as he can there. There will be chorus who laugh at such a suggestion, but that is part of the problem, this club as it presently stands has no real ambition, and is resigned to defeat.

11 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

I see no light at the end of the tunnel unfortunately.  Moyes would be a fucking brutal disaster.  Have you seen his record since leaving Everton?  Fucking truly abysmal. Redknapp is 100% finished and is not the type we need- he’ll overload the team with players he knows and we’ve been down this road 3 times now and ended up back at square one.

allardyce would be the best option of out of work managers imo.  Get us hard to beat but even then he has little to no experience of challenging for honours, was always a remit to avoid relegation. Could the mentality be changed?   If we had the money I’d go all out for Sean dyche.. has transformed Burnley. Stayed up comfortably last year and will almost certainly finish higher this year.  Failing that I’d go for the Watford manager- Marco silva.  Other than that I can see us replacing managers every 12-18 months.

maybe win the euros and I’ll get us pochettino

Says allardyce only ever had a remit to avoid relegation, suggests two managers who's target is to avoid relegation every year :lol:

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I'd love to see Mark Hughes here, he has taken Stoke as far as he can there. There will be chorus who laugh at such a suggestion, but that is part of the problem, this club as it presently stands has no real ambition, and is resigned to defeat.

Mark Hughes is on my list as well. He could do with a different challenge and he is a very decent manager. 

Basically the list will end up being McInnes, Wright, McCann and McLeish. If that’s the case there had better be some noise from Club1872 etc on the runnings of this club, Rangers men or not

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Being better than McInnes isn't the benchmark though.

It essentially is because that’s where all the indicators point unfortunately. There are better managers available than McInnes and these managers should be considered but I doubt they will

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Mark Hughes is on my list as well. He could do with a different challenge and he is a very decent manager. 

Basically the list will end up being McInnes, Wright, McCann and McLeish. If that’s the case there had better be some noise from Club1872 etc on the runnings of this club, Rangers men or not

When did this club stop aiming for the best? We are try to ascend the heights with a pair of sandles at times. There has got to be a fundamental change at the top of this club.

9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

When did this club stop aiming for the best? We are try to ascend the heights with a pair of sandles at times. There has got to be a fundamental change at the top of this club.

Correct. Me you and 90% of this forum know that bottom list will be closer to the one that should have respected and very good managers on it. 

We aimed for mediocrity in terms of transfers and management the first time. 

We’ve now done it twice in terms of management and backed this guy with millions. 

It beggars belief why we’ve tried to do the most important job in our history on the cheap twice. 

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Correct. Me you and 90% of this forum know that bottom list will be closer to the one that should have respected and very good managers on it. 

We aimed for mediocrity in terms of transfers and management the first time. 

We’ve now done it twice in terms of management and backed this guy with millions. 

It beggars belief why we’ve tried to do the most important job in our history on the cheap twice. 

If we don't have a board with the ambition to be the best, arguably they shouldn't be at the club

3 hours ago, buster. said:

McInnes turned down more money at Sunderland apparently because they were somewhat of a 'basketcase' of a club.

The truth is that we are currently not an attractive proposition for a good manager and will struggle to get one.

There are many who would jump at the job but not many what I'd regard as 'good ones' and even if we managed to get one, he's not going to get the budget to take us where we want to go. At least not for the forseeable.

The boy is a Rangers fan born and bred, he was part of the team that won 9 in a row, he played with us in the champions league, he is a good young manager, for me it's a good fit. Yes i would love a big name but it's simply unrealistic. The days of big managers queueing up down edmiston drive for the job are long gone.

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

The boy is a Rangers fan born and bred, he was part of the team that won 9 in a row, he played with us in the champions league, he is a good young manager, for me it's a good fit. Yes i would love a big name but it's simply unrealistic. The days of big managers queueing up down edmiston drive for the job are long gone.

Given where we are I don't disagree he would be a reasonable appointment.

However his price, which would include a large compensation number is a stumbling block and better value may be had elsewhere.

55 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

When you look at a piece of paper Aberdeen and celtic might be next to each other in terms of the league table.  The reality, however, is that these two teams are worlds apart.  celtic finished with 106 points last season so how can McInnes realistically be expected to compete with them spending a fraction of their budget?  I sympathise with McInnes and don't think his failure to stop celtic means he's a bad manager.  Realistically, he would need some hefty backing in the transfer market and that's not going to come.  

I agree they are worlds apart almost the same as St J and the sheep are but they at least have managed to give them a harder game a few times since rodgers came. I would want neither as the next manager .

All the EPL managers like De Boer are out of our league as they will most likely still be getting paid.

I sadly can see Miller being given the job as he seems close to the board. Plus the board are clueless and Murty would most likely say no way.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

It essentially is because that’s where all the indicators point unfortunately. There are better managers available than McInnes and these managers should be considered but I doubt they will

There is one million big ones why McInnes will be nowhere near us.