Pena and Morelos

Prso's headband

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

You must be too young to remember Oleg Salenko then...

Just had to google him quickly was about 4 when we signed him :lol: looks like he did very well at international level even won the golden boot! Anyway the money spent on Pena for where we are as a club currently is criminal if he can't even make the bench and when he has been on his ability has been poor goals aside 

Just now, MrMckee said:

Just had to google him quickly was about 4 when we signed him :lol: looks like he did very well at international level even won the golden boot! Anyway the money spent on Pena for where we are as a club currently is criminal if he can't even make the bench and when he has been on his ability has been poor goals aside 

We signed the guy on the back of one world cup game where he scored 5 goals I think. People thought he was going to score barrel loads. He didn't. We paid a decent price for him as well. 

Absolutely right about the supposed amount we spent on Pena though. For the position we are in,if we spend a couple of million on a player,he has to be good. Murty obviously doesn't fancy him and looks like an expensive mistake 

5 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Forgot about him. Had the potential to be really good as well. Think he got a few injuries and hardly played for us in about 4 seasons?

Brutal signing and i think it was our international scout Dalglish that suggested he would be a good signing for us.........

23 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Pena is most probably finished now. Was all up for giving the guy a chance and time to settle but clearly the manager doesn't fancy him and doubt the new manager will either. Worst 'marquee' signing ever? 

I still think hes worth a chance . Obviously not good enough for the starting 11 right now , but certainly good enough for a place on the bench and a chance for him to grow into the team . 

Rozental was a player I felt really sorry for, he had just about the unluckiest Rangers careers of any player weve ever signed. Him and Prodan. Both had undoubted class but neither had a chance to show it.Pena I don't feel sorry for, if he has ability then it looks like he isn't really that bothered about showing us it. To be unfit to the degree he is in November shows he really doesn't give a fuck. 

8 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Or Guivarc'h ...............

Came to us after winning the world cup and being top scorer i  France the 2 seasons before signing...scored 5 in 14 games and won a treble...no bad for a flop.

But he should have been alot better i agree

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Brutal signing and i think it was our international scout Dalglish that suggested he would be a good signing for us.........

Unfortunate I'd say. Being rotated in the national team with Salas and Zamarano and then winning chilean footballer of the year, he was sought after at the time. 

Unreal how  weeks ago he was ‘amazing’ and miller was ‘a waste of a jersey’ but now it’s flip flopped again.

hes by far our most talented attacking midfielder unless we play Dorrans further forward, he is also clearly just another waster with a half arsed attitude.

Also seen people criticise his goal scoring form yet that’s not the problem one bit, it’s the fact that while he may finish well, he cannot seem to consistently link play up or run at people because he’s too lazy to get fully fit and back to his best.

Desperately need him and Niko away to shave off some wages, Herrera can follow, worst target man I’ve saw in ages.

1 hour ago, MrMckee said:

Pena is most probably finished now. Was all up for giving the guy a chance and time to settle but clearly the manager doesn't fancy him and doubt the new manager will either. Worst 'marquee' signing ever? 

Pena should have played yesterday unless he was injured.  After last Saturday's 2 goals Miller was back to being Miller running about all over the place.  Pena should be played just behind the 2 strikers to get the best out of him.  Unfortunately we won't see the best out of him or Herrera if they don't get on the park.  Bringing on Kranjcar was a mistake.  The man is totally unsuitable for us and with his contract ending next June we should have utilised someone else off the bench like young Barjonas.  People go on about Pena supposedly unfit then I watch Niko huffing and puffing for us.  

1 hour ago, MrMckee said:

Depends if you base marquee on money spent I suppose. Still for the money spent on him and what he's rumoured to be on it's been a complete shambles and to not even make the bench if not injured says it all really 

If Pena is not injured it says more about the manager than the player in my book.  

5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

If Pena is not injured it says more about the manager than the player in my book.  

You will have too elaborate a bit on that one. How does it say more about the manager? Apart from that he thinks he doesn't deserve a place in the team 

8 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

You will have too elaborate a bit on that one. How does it say more about the manager? Apart from that he thinks he doesn't deserve a place in the team 

The current temporary manager doesn't have a clue in my opinion  as was proven yesterday with his team selection and substitutions.  He doesn't know how to get the best out of players by playing them in their correct positions with suitable tactics.  

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

When I watched Miller run about looking clueless yesterday, my first thought was get Pena on. Then remembered he wasn't even on the bench. Or Herrera. 

Is Miller better than them? Is Hardie?

There isn't much difference between Pena, Miller and Herrera, they're all pretty shit. Probably a bit harsh on Herrera.

2 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

The current temporary manager doesn't have a clue in my opinion  as was proven yesterday with his team selection and substitutions.  He doesn't know how to get the best out of players by playing them n their correct positions with suitable tactics.  

Still got a comfortable win, and a win away to Hearts with the same team, he hasn't done anything wrong.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There isn't much difference between Pena, Miller and Herrera, they're all pretty shit. Probably a bit harsh on Herrera.

Still got a comfortable win, and a win away to Hearts with the same team, he hasn't done anything wrong.

The Hearts victory hinged on one moment when they (thankfully) missed a great chance to go two goals ahead.  Had that gone in we wouldn't be having this conversation.   He is sticking to what was Pedro's favourite formation.

10 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

The current temporary manager doesn't have a clue in my opinion  as was proven yesterday with his team selection and substitutions.  He doesn't know how to get the best out of players by playing them in their correct positions with suitable tactics.  

Who played out of position?

12 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Absolute rubbish. Very strange comment after a 3-0 win thought we played well. Fair enough after the third goal it was boring but would take that every week. What substitutions are you talking about  and team selection/tactics where not to your liking? Probably wanted Dalcio and Pena too start? What about nemane? Really don't see what else murty could of done unless there is some secret signing that only you know about? 

1 minute ago, MrMckee said:

Absolute rubbish. Very strange comment after a 3-0 win thought we played well. Fair enough after the third goal it was boring but would take that every week. What substitutions are you talking about  and team selection/tactics where not to your liking? Probably wanted Dalcio and Pena too start? What about nemane? Really don't see what else murty could of done unless there is some secret signing that only you know about? 

You have clearly a different opinion.  You think I post rubbish that is up to you.  I don't rate Miller, Windass or Kranjcar for a start.  We beat a very poor Thistle side and whilst the result was pleasing I didn't think the performance was that great.