When Are The Aberdeen Emails Out?

RFC55

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss said:

If you 'allocate' something, its not a ballot.  Its someone giving another a 'share'.

It will be a ballot of those that are due tickets! I.e those on just the 2 games so far this season! 

It would never just be a ballot of everyone on cccs

2 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

It will be a ballot of those that are due tickets! I.e those on just the 2 games so far this season! 

It would never just be a ballot of everyone on cccs

That would be the sensible way to do it but I bet it doesn’t happen that way 

3 hours ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

I'd imagine for this and Hibs it will only be those who've been allocated 2 games so far that will be in with a shout.

Kind of shite in a way because the way the fixture list pans out basically determines whether you're in with a chance or not.

Point I made on another thread. Will even itself out over a number of years, but in a one off season, it's not the fairest. 

Full ballot for every game is fairest, but due to quirks of randomnes would probably lead to people being allocated three in a row and others nothing, leaving the ticket office open to complaints. They probably do it this way for an easier time. It's not the fairest at all.

Allocated one game then taken out of the ballot for a load that you actually wanted.

19 minutes ago, Gersey said:

Full ballot for every game is fairest, but due to quirks of randomnes would probably lead to people being allocated three in a row and others nothing, leaving the ticket office open to complaints. They probably do it this way for an easier time. It's not the fairest at all.

Allocated one game then taken out of the ballot for a load that you actually wanted.

Yeah exactly, if it's random every game some folk could end up with almost no tickets and others could end up with almost them all over the course of a season, that's not fair either. 

Really don't know what the best way to do it would be. 

If they are doing it the way people are suggesting then their is no way some people can be on 5 and some people on 2?

Phoning up the ticket office is no going to solve it. They are no paid to care about it. They are just doing what the computer says in front of them. You've either been allocated a ticket or no.

23 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

If they are doing it the way people are suggesting then their is no way some people can be on 5 and some people on 2?

Agree completely, as I said earlier in this thread I only got 2 away tickets through CCCS all last season yet had 5 already this season. It seems to me that there is fuck all system in place other than total luck of the draw.

23 minutes ago, TBagalag said:

Agree completely, as I said earlier in this thread I only got 2 away tickets through CCCS all last season yet had 5 already this season. It seems to me that there is fuck all system in place other than total luck of the draw.

Don't shout that too loudly mate ?

But aye quite right. Its not up to you to make the system, Rangers do. People would be moaning whatever system we used. It's no great but heyho. 

End of the day it doesn’t matter how these Aberdeen tickets are allocated there will be people moaning as 1900 into 9000 just doesn’t go or in fact maybe closer to 1000 once the buses, players, staff and sponsors get theirs 

10 hours ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

Really don't know what the best way to do it would be. 

I may be over simplifying it, but surely the only fair way to do it is ballot the first game, that puts ST holders in an order, then ballot the next etc till everyone had a ticket.  Then, we get 1900 for the next game, the 1900 on top of list get them and then go to back of Q.  There is no fairer way, IMHO.

1 hour ago, VladimirWeiss said:

I may be over simplifying it, but surely the only fair way to do it is ballot the first game, that puts ST holders in an order, then ballot the next etc till everyone had a ticket.  Then, we get 1900 for the next game, the 1900 on top of list get them and then go to back of Q.  There is no fairer way, IMHO.

That means the way the fixture list pans out has too much of an impact on what you get and don't get but.

For example, why should I not be in the pot for Aberdeen and Hibs just because I got allocated Dundee when I would rather have had Aberdeen or Hibs?

Just now, Wearethepeople72 said:

That means the way the fixture list pans out has too much of an impact on what you get and don't get but.

For example, why should I not be in the pot for Aberdeen and Hibs just because I got allocated Dundee when I would rather have had Aberdeen or Hibs?

Doesn't really work like that and nor should it.

As others said join a bus that travels to away games.