Has Murty already failed?

AM1872

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, AM1872 said:

Credit where credit is due if Murty can get a bunch of average players playing with commitment and super shape as they just did we'll be fine. Imagine what he will be able to do if the board let him buy 5 or 6 top quality players in the Jan window. Well done Mr Murty :)

So the utter mince that was the Kilmarnock game last week is forgotten just because we got a point today?  Murty is clueless.  If people think Murty is the man for us then we are in serious trouble.  

48 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Todays result was a good one but losing those 4 games against Dundee, Hamilton, St.Johnstone, and Kilmarnock, pretty much killed our season.  A real shame.

The really sad and very annoying thing is, going forward to the rest of the season, it would be no real surprise to see the same poor results being repeated.

1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

The players clearly like playing for him, gave the performance of the season in the 2nd half for him. He must be doing something right, he just needs to get that commitment more consistently. I think we may have a real gem for the future here.

He’s going to make mistakes but he’s a handful of games into his first job but his record in big games so far is outstanding. two draws at celtic, beat hivs, hearts and Aberdeen away and Aberdeen at home too. If he can get his head around the smaller games and start getting results in those games (an experienced assistant might help with that) then he’s got a real chance of getting it full time even if some people have already made their minds up and decided he’s not for them.

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

This is spot on.  People forget the utter dross against Killie, St. Johnstone,  etc.

Exactly. If he took Kranjcar off at half time as he should of we might of won.

I hate to blame GM because he’s been thrown under a bus by King but he’s out his depth regardless.

15 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

The players clearly like playing for him, gave the performance of the season in the 2nd half for him. He must be doing something right, he just needs to get that commitment more consistently. I think we may have a real gem for the future here.

I totally disagree.  We got a point today in a game we could have lost in the first half but could have won in the second half.  That is all.    Obviously delighted with a point but keeping things in perspective look at the Kilmarnock, St. Johnstone,  Dundee, Hamilton results and the lack of tactical changes therein.  I could go on pointing out more of his errors of judgement.

The guy went to the filth missing his captain, vice captain, Jack, Dorrans and had his captain for the day chuck it within the first 20 minutes. Despite that he battered them for 45 minutes and if Morelos could head a ball would have left with 3 points.

He isn't the finished article as @DBBTB says but if he is given a creative midfielder and a winger both of quality we would start to break down the teams he struggles against.

We literally have about 15 senior players, 2 of them aren't bothered(Kranjcar and Alves) and 2 of them are so far off it it's unreal(Pena and Herrera)

He deserves to be able to bring in some of his own players and see where we are

2 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

No they don't. People like you though remember only those results.

How else do you relate to success or failure if you do not look at wins against losses.   Do you really think Murty should be our manager?   Losses against Dundee, Inverness, Hamilton, Dundee, St.Johnstone, Kilmarnock are what I remember because they were awful performances against teams we should be beating.  There are other poor performances I could add in there.  Murty is clueless and is only in the job because our directors are equally clueless.

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

How else do you relate to success or failure if you do not look at wins against losses.   Do you really think Murty should be our manager?   Losses against Dundee, Inverness, Hamilton, Dundee, St.Johnstone, Kilmarnock are what I remember because they were awful performances against teams we should be beating.  There are other poor performances I could add in there.  Murty is clueless and is only in the job because our directors are equally clueless.

You have already decided so debate over. 

2 minutes ago, Gustav said:

We literally have about 15 senior players, 2 of them aren't bothered(Kranjcar and Alves) and 2 of them are so far off it it's unreal(Pena and Herrera)

He deserves to be able to bring in some of his own players and see where we are

No he doesn't, he is clearly out of his depth.  Forget today's result and look at his lack of tactical ability in other games.  Today is not the yard stick of his ability.   

9 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

No they don't. People like you though remember only those results.

Yeah i'd have preferred he brought up the Hivs and Ross County results too cos we were utter dog shite in those matches too. The Aberdeen games and today have been the exception to the rule. we have been honking and actually look worse since Murty was put at the helm. 

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

No he doesn't, he is clearly out of his depth.  Forget today's result and look at his lack of tactical ability in other games.  Today is not the yard stick of his ability.   

I'm not the one ignoring other games, you are, I clearly stated he needs to start winning games against the dross of the league, that's why we need more creativity.

You're the one ignoring 14 points from 18 from games against (away)the filthx2, Hearts, the sheep and Hibs (home) the sheep. That's a great record for anyone let alone a rookie learning his trade.

7 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

What about his tactical ability today?

show Sinclair and Forrest inside and into a flood of bodies.

Our game plan was superb today.