Rossiter having “hard time” in fitness fight

Lloyd

5 minutes ago, Camshy said:

Fair enough, I can accept that.......to be clear though its not me who said he is a £7/8/9 million pound player.

A quick search on the forum unearthed what I remembered folk saying about him, try doing a little donkey work and you will see what I was talking about.

Why should i do it when you could do it for me?

Go on, get the names on and rip the cunts to shreds.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Why should i do it when you could do it for me?

Go on, get the names on and rip the cunts to shreds.

Why would I do that, its someones opinion that he is worth a, b or c just like its you're opinion that I'm talking mince.......can hardly have a go at you as its just an opinion. Besides you are probablly right !

21 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Regardless of whether you rate him or not, you’ve got to feel some sympathy for the lad. He clearly loves football and whatever it is that’s going on in the background I hope he gets all the support he needs.

I know nothing, this has no credibility, and I am not “in the know”, but I suspect the psychological reasons for his absence might be a bigger issue than is made out.

My thoughts exactly .when you see him getting interviewed he always has a beaming smile on his face .it's like he is totally in love with the game 

As for the mentality side of things .Murty strikes me as the type who is huge on mentality .and it could be a coin toss if that's a good thing or bad thing. he may be over analysing the boy or he could be the right man to get to the root of the issue .

Anyway.all the best JR 

4 hours ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Fuck off to celtic Park you prick.

Dont think theres any call for that. I tend to agree with the poster, - though I dont recall anybody saying he is worth £9M. Maybe when we first signed him the narrative could have been something like "if he plays well for us we can sell him for £9m" though thats pure conjecture - and we have no chance of that now.

22 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

You are aware he wasn't 'dumped' by Liverpool he chose to leave as he wanted regular first team football? The injury issues seem to be associated with his physical development rather than any innate weakness.

He is another youngster who suffered from playing far too much in his early years. Liverpool have a poor record in managing player development. 

He needs what he is getting which is time. There is no doubt about his talent and his love of playing (which has done him no favours). I remain hopeful that he will come through this and prove his worth.

Spin it any way you like, Liverpool off-loaded him.  We bought an injury-prone player for £250k on a 4 year deal.  We are in no position to take such gambles.

5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Spin it any way you like, Liverpool off-loaded him.  We bought an injury-prone player for £250k on a 4 year deal.  We are in no position to take such gambles.

Liverpool didn't want him to go but don't let stuff like that get in the way.

16 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

They didn't 'offload' him you are utterly wrong if thats how you are spinning it. If he was being 'off loaded' we wouldn't have had to pay a fee for him. He had a contract offer from Liverpool. 

You teally haven't a clue, you've even contradicted yourself in your response. We spent £250k on a highly rated young prospect with first team experience. Thats far more sensible than 90% of the deals we've made in the last few years. It doesn't even come close to the top of the list.

He's only 20 and there is time for him to work through these, apparent, developmental issues. You may want to compare his issues with another former Liverpool trainee who had a decent enough career. I'll let you work out who.

18 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Liverpool didn't want him to go but don't let stuff like that get in the way.

Liverpool could have kept him if they really wanted to.  No matter, we took an expensive 4 year gamble on an injured player when we struggle financially.

5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Liverpool could have kept him if they really wanted to.  No matter, we took an expensive 4 year gamble on an injured player when we struggle financially.

On this issue at least, you don't know what you are talking about. I know for definite they didn't want him to go. 

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing, especially when he wasn't even injured back then and especially when neither you nor me really know what is wrong with him right now. How the fuck could we know then what would happen afterwards. Talk sense.

2 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

They didn't 'offload' him you are utterly wrong if thats how you are spinning it. If he was being 'off loaded' we wouldn't have had to pay a fee for him. He had a contract offer from Liverpool. 

You teally haven't a clue, you've even contradicted yourself in your response. We spent £250k on a highly rated young prospect with first team experience. Thats far more sensible than 90% of the deals we've made in the last few years. It doesn't even come close to the top of the list.

He's only 20 and there is time for him to work through these, apparent, developmental issues. You may want to compare his issues with another former Liverpool trainee who had a decent enough career. I'll let you work out who.

I did not contradict myself at all.  Liverpool accepted our development fee offer for an injury-prone player.  If they really wanted to keep Rossiter they could.  Financially we cannot afford to take such expensive gambles for absolutely no return.  He has hardly kicked a ball for us after one and a half years.    If we had excess funds then fine, take the gamble but we don't have that spare cash.   This isn't about his talent it's about value for the little money we have.

9 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

On this issue at least, you don't know what you are talking about. I know for definite they didn't want him to go. 

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing, especially when he wasn't even injured back then and especially when neither you nor me really know what is wrong with him right now. How the fuck could we know then what would happen afterwards. Talk sense.

The following is an extract from an earlier post of mine.  

""Ankle injury Feb 2015 missed rest of season.  October 2015 injured hamstring out until December.  Came back and injured hamstring again in first game.  Out for rest of season ""

That should have been a warning to us, nothing to do with hindsight.   We took a gamble we could ill afford and it has not paid off.  There is little sign of Rossiter playing for us any time soon.  

What part of that is not sense?

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

The following is an extract from an earlier post of mine.  

""Ankle injury Feb 2015 missed rest of season.  October 2015 injured hamstring out until December.  Came back and injured hamstring again in first game.  Out for rest of season ""

That should have been a warning to us, nothing to do with hindsight.   We took a gamble we could ill afford and it has not paid off.  There is little sign of Rossiter playing for us any time soon.  

What part of that is not sense?

Based on that logic, any player with past injuries wouldn't be signed. Ludicrous and nonsensical

25 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Yeah he was able to somehow spin Liverpool offering him a new contract into people thinking they wanted to keep him

You're genuinely thick as fuck

They wanted to keep him he would still be there Frankieboy. Good that you bought the spin though.

8 minutes ago, Gustav said:

They offered him a new deal, that's not Mcparland spinning it, that's a fact.

It could have been any deal, pay if you play even, use your head for once if Liverpool with their riches wanted him they would have had him.:duh:

Think on Frankieboy.