Ryju84

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I’ve written somewhere around 1500 articles since September. 

I seen people get pissy because some Id written covering news stories around celtic referred to them as ‘the hoops’. That’s simply meeting SEO requirements and improving where it appears in online searches by using commonly searched for terms (and not using the same name repeatedly for them and damaging the SEO score)

the gazza one was a stand out for me - for mt that came across as "whataboutery" - but coming from a Rangers fan it seemd a strange sort of whataboutery. Anyway, there's a bottle of Sauvignon blanc in the wine fridge and I'm for tanking it. Offski.

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What you're saying sounds good until you chuck in the fact you called an ex player a racist so as to throw heat off a taig and even recently took a weird unneeded shot on social media at the Queen.

No, I pointed out the fact that Gascoigne is also a convicted ‘racist’. I find it odd some are offended by one but not the other. 

I took a shot at the Queen’s speech. Not the Queen. I find the speech outdated and largely pointless. 

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

the gazza one was a stand out for me - for mt that came across as "whataboutery" - but coming from a Rangers fan it seemd a strange sort of whataboutery. Anyway, there's a bottle of Sauvignon blanc in the wine fridge and I'm for tanking it. Offski.

I find racism utterly abhorrent regardless of which team a footballer (current or retired) played for. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Becaus JJ’s wife writes a column for the Sunday Mail she is “part of the problem” regards the coverage of Rangers in the media apparently. 

No idea of the context in which these comments were made from D'art but what i would say is that he is generally spot on with his views.

16 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

No idea of the context in which these comments were made from D'art but what i would say is that he is generally spot on with his views.

He highlighted a comment from Gordon Parks about the tackle on Jack and made some glib comment about my ‘30 pieces of silver’ (despite knowing full well I hadn’t made the original comment).

He the  claimed that as I’m on the payroll at trinity Mirror then I as a Rangers fan had some sort of responsibility for them (In my own coverage of the Motherwell game I’d referred to it as a ‘cowardly challenge’ but for some reason that seemed to pass him by). 

When it was pointed out JJ’s wife also worked for Trinity Mirror he responded that she was also ‘part of the problem’. 

Its probably fair to point out that Jean writes a lifestyle column but apparently that makes her fair game for some. 

A9A30A4E-E8E2-46AE-8ED6-27BABA5F64C6.jpeg

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He highlighted a comment from Gordon Parks about the tackle on Jack and made some glib comment about my ‘30 pieces of silver’ (despite knowing full well I hadn’t made the original comment).

He the  claimed that as I’m on the payroll at trinity Mirror then I as a Rangers fan had some sort of responsibility for them (In my own coverage of the Motherwell game I’d referred to it as a ‘cowardly challenge’ but for some reason that seemed to pass him by). 

When it was pointed out JJ’s wife also worked for Trinity Mirror he responded that she was also ‘part of the problem’. 

Its probably fair to point out that Jean writes a lifestyle column but apparently that makes her fair game for some. 

A9A30A4E-E8E2-46AE-8ED6-27BABA5F64C6.jpeg

Not sure why you felt the need to drag Jean into the conversation in the first place tbh?

So D'art only attacked her because she is a Rangers fan working in the media?

Isn't that what you said to begin with?

Is she even a Rangers fan? I know her from the Port but always thought she went to St Stephens and was presumably a celtic fan. 

36 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

So “we” are stupid and incapable of stopping it? 

Not stupid perhaps complacent for a long time, and no we're not incapable but I fear we have let it go unchecked too long. 

I feel you're setting me up for some big revelation, do you have the answers? 

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Not sure why you felt the need to drag Jean into the conversation in the first place tbh?

So D'art only attacked her because she is a Rangers fan working in the media?

Isn't that what you said to begin with?

Is she even a Rangers fan? I know her from the Port but always thought she went to St Stephens and was presumably a celtic fan. 

Because like me, Jean’s involvement with trinity Mirror is as a freelancer writing  opinion pieces and doing no news reporting whatsoever. She had as much to do with Gordon Parks’ comments as I did - none whatsoever. Bizarrely, I’ve yet to see him raise it with that author of the comments. 

What I said was that he called her ‘part of the problem’ for being on TM’s payroll. 

She’s definitely a bear. We had a fairly long chat after those comments were made. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Because like me, Jean’s involvement with trinity Mirror is as a freelancer writing  opinion pieces and doing no news reporting whatsoever. She had as much to do with Gordon Parks’ comments as I did - none whatsoever. Bizarrely, I’ve yet to see him raise it with that author of the comments. 

What I said was that he called her ‘part of the problem’ for being on TM’s payroll. 

She’s definitely a bear. We had a fairly long chat after those comments were made. 

Aye i get that, but if someone picked an argument with me in work i wouldn't drag someone else from the company into it just because he is a tradesman working for the same company, i would just argue the toss myself.

The bit i am talking about you had said was "Funny thing is, those of us who have tried to build a career in the media and try provide more balance are attacked by Rangers fans for doing exactly that. " 

So Jean was attacked for trying to build a career in the media?

Never knew her as a Bear, possibly a new thing since JJ is her man.

I actually thought maybe D'art would have been talking about her cryptic tweets around about the Kenny Miller saga.

17 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

Not stupid perhaps complacent for a long time, and no we're not incapable but I fear we have let it go unchecked too long. 

I feel you're setting me up for some big revelation, do you have the answers? 

No, no answers and no revelation. Just wondering how everyone knows the religion and team folks in the media and high society support, that’s all. 

I am of the opinion that no one really knows anything. 

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Aye i get that, but if someone picked an argument with me in work i wouldn't drag someone else from the company into it just because he is a tradesman working for the same company, i would just argue the toss myself.

The bit i am talking about you had said was "Funny thing is, those of us who have tried to build a career in the media and try provide more balance are attacked by Rangers fans for doing exactly that. " 

So Jean was attacked for trying to build a career in the media?

Never knew her as a Bear, possibly a new thing since JJ is her man.

I actually thought maybe D'art would have been talking about her cryptic tweets around about the Kenny Miller saga.

Which would be fine if it was comments I had made that were being discussed. It wasn’t. D decided that as I also do work for TM then I should answer for Parks’ comments. They had as much to do with me as they did they guy who writes the horoscope for the Liverpool Echo. 

She was attacked for being employed by Trinity Mirror despite - to the best of my knowledge - having never written anything of note about Rangers. 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

No, no answers and no revelation. Just wondering how everyone knows the religion and team folks in the media and high society support, that’s all. 

I’m almost certain that if you provided a list of names of media folk to Rangers fans and celtic fans and asked them to put down who they thought the people in question supported ours would have them all as celtic fans and theirs would have them all as Rangers fans

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Which would be fine if it was comments I had made that were being discussed. It wasn’t. D decided that as I also do work for TM then I should answer for Parks’ comments. They had as much to do with me as they did they guy who writes the horoscope for the Liverpool Echo. 

She was attacked for being employed by Trinity Mirror despite - to the best of my knowledge - having never written anything of note about Rangers. 

Aye i get that it wasn't your comments, but it wasn't Jeans comments either so i don't see the point of dragging her into it tbh.

Maybe it's me but it's not a move i would have pulled, i would have simply told him to contact the guy who made the comments and bailed out and been the bigger man by walking away, so to speak.

Just now, plumbGER said:

Aye i get that it wasn't your comments, but it wasn't Jeans comments either so i don't see the point of dragging her into it tbh.

Maybe it's me but it's not a move i would have pulled, i would have simply told him to contact the guy who made the comments and bailed out and been the bigger man by walking away, so to speak.

Oh I had. Repeatedly. Literally the first response was me pointing out that I hadn’t written that (which D acknowledged  stating “but you do work for the newspaper who printed it”

heres the first tweet in the thread. You’ll see I pointed out it wasn’t my comment and like anyone else, I’m not answerable for someone who is paid by the same company as me. 

I also mentioned a couple other TM employees 

3D44A305-77CD-4077-925D-3CD2C04FE540.jpeg

18 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

So they are all completely impartial? 

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Oh I had. Repeatedly. Literally the first response was me pointing out that I hadn’t written that (which D acknowledged  stating “but you do work for the newspaper who printed it”

heres the first tweet in the thread. You’ll see I pointed out it wasn’t my comment and like anyone else, I’m not answerable for someone who is paid by the same company as me. 

I also mentioned a couple other TM employees 

3D44A305-77CD-4077-925D-3CD2C04FE540.jpeg

I think you would be better taking this up with @D'Artagnan i really don't get it why you would feel the need to drag that lassie into the argument (aye i know she works for trinity mirror)

This is kinda de-railing the thread and it seems like you are holding a personal grudge against D'art and using this as a means of getting at him, i would never say a bad word against the man and have enjoyed his blogs and contributions to this site.

I have enjoyed some of yours too it must be said, i think you would be better off concentrating on them than getting into petty feuds online and holding grudges.

Sometimes it's better to ignore people if they have nothing positive to say to you, likewise it's better to say nothing if you have nothing decent to say yourself.