Interesting Comments From Murty After Yesterday's Game

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

When you put the disrespectful part in the context of what he's said, he's not saying we shouldn't be humping teams, he's saying its disrespectful of us to assume that just because we're 3 goals up we can just throw caution to the wind because Hamilton were more than capable of pegging us back.

11 minutes ago, Spliffy said:

Have to disagree, it's what makes the likes of lenton, lego and the thumb the scum that they are. They disrespect everyone and it's cringey, lording it over the likes of Partick and Ross County, it's pointless.

Putting the sheep, hivs, dundee hivs etc back in their place fully merits a get it up yee, and the child abusers will get special treatment when it happens, but I would rather just beat the wee teams, no need for disrespect.

In a normal country I'd agree but everyone in this wee cesspit seems to think disrespecting everything about us and what we stand for is the cool thing to do.

Even the lower league teams are at it. Fuck em all! 

I was pretty gutted when I heard it. Basically saying that we will sit back and let teams come at us, the very shit that ends up with us losing late goals. Personally, I think that goes a long way to saying that we definitely need a new manager after this season. If he thinks fans are going to put up with those tactics, he's wrong!

I think he meant respect as in they have the ability to counter and get back into it if we just lose shape and throw everyone forward because everyone on the pitch wants to score, rather than respecting them by keeping the score down or not embarrassing them as people have taken it. More a case of he should of worded it better than anything to be worrying about imo and to be honest I agree, yes score as many as we can and kill the game off but even after scoring 5 it’s still important to be professional and stick to the tactics/ formation.

Yeah I thought it strange that he said it, watched it yesterday and it's as if he was annoyed about it, maybe he's meant that because we have went up chasing more goals we have left space open for them to get that penalty and claw a goal back, if it was closer we could have drew the game, so trying to get players to hold there positions than steaming forward.

But as a lot on here have said, fuck every team and give nobody respect, and the more goals for us the better, we are playing a hell of a lot more attacking football and quicker than what we have been for a while, so shore up the defence and long may it continue.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It's not hard to comprehend people.

He means its not respectful to Hamilton in terms of their ability to attack us if we get caught up the field, and getting the structure of the team right in terms of a balance between defence and attack. Alice's question prefaces his answer.

Thank fuck someone else doesn’t just skim read and look to be offended.

It’s pretty fucking simple, he was pissed off that we only had 2 outfield players in our half to defend against a potential Hamilton counter attack and weren’t appreciating their ability to hurt us. Given the amount of times we’ve been caught out like that over the past few years by the proper diddy teams, I’m pretty glad he’s spotting these things.

5 minutes ago, Mojo84 said:

Thank fuck someone else doesn’t just skim read and look to be offended.

It’s pretty fucking simple, he was pissed off that we only had 2 outfield players in our half to defend against a potential Hamilton counter attack and weren’t appreciating their ability to hurt us. Given the amount of times we’ve been caught out like that over the past few years by the proper diddy teams, I’m pretty glad he’s spotting these things.

It's basic primary school English :lol: 

27 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

I was pretty gutted when I heard it. Basically saying that we will sit back and let teams come at us, the very shit that ends up with us losing late goals. Personally, I think that goes a long way to saying that we definitely need a new manager after this season. If he thinks fans are going to put up with those tactics, he's wrong!

Do you genuinely read that? Fucking hell. :lol:

People are either playing stupid here or are genuinely stupid, by taking something so far out of context like that and following it with the most ridiculous exaggeration.

Its so obvious what he meant. You can’t expect to fly forward at any point in the game without considering the consequences. Simple. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to score more goals, and it certainly doesn’t mean Rangers should be scared of Hamilton. It means don’t change a professional football match into a high school lunch game.

Aye that will be right, give these teams that are booting and elbowing our players into hospital every week. I would rather we hammer them, that's how you get a fear factor off teams, I like Murty but he has a lot to learn yet.

6 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

People are either playing stupid here or are genuinely stupid, by taking something so far out of context like that and following it with the most ridiculous exaggeration.

Its so obvious what he meant. You can’t expect to fly forward at any point in the game without considering the consequences. Simple. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to score more goals, and it certainly doesn’t mean Rangers should be scared of Hamilton. It means don’t change a professional football match into a high school lunch game.

People are reading what they want to read. 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Sorry I'll pretend I enjoy it just to keep you happy.

I've made a shit load of positive posts today about Murty, the defence, Martin, Murphy and you've ignored every single one of them and went straight for that one. Good work ya fat mess.

Well good for you! 

Hate ibrox. ( and bannedtwice)

hate the fan zone

hate past and present players.

staunch ubberfan!

my arse!!