***Official Rangers v Tarriers Thread***

G.E.C.

2 hours ago, GT66 said:

Aye, need a packed midfield against them. 

Windass will have more space against the taigs than other teams who have 2 lines of defence against us at Ibrox, hopefully similar to what it's like when we're playing away games. 

Said it before, but it would be mental to change from the team that has showed the first bit of consistency for us in years against premiership teams.

Windass has scored the 3rd highest amount of goals in the league, he's undroppable for this game as far as I'm concerned. 

Cummings has 1 goal in the league this year, yet people would rather we change our formation, our line-up and our style of play to accommodate him. Ludicrous

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Windass has scored the 3rd highest amount of goals in the league, he's undroppable for this game as far as I'm concerned. 

Cummings has 1 goal in the league this year, yet people would rather we change our formation, our line-up and our style of play to accommodate him. Ludicrous

Cummings has started 1 game in the league ffs.

6 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I know mate.

People saying he's the in form striker after one game against a poor Championship team.

6 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Windass is a shitebag though who struggles at the best of times at Ibrox, we can't afford passengers here.

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Cummings has started 1 game in the league ffs.

That he didn't score in. 

To some on here, judging by the overreaction to Morelos playing poor one game, that means he's off form in the league.

2 minutes ago, GT66 said:

I know mate.

People saying he's the in form striker after one game against a poor Championship team.

Waghorn would've scored on Sunday against Falkirk, that's how bad they were. You can't drop the top scorer in the league because he had an off day, and you can't drop the 3rd top scorer in the league either. 

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Dreamt we won 3-0 :lol:

I dreamt we were fighting running battles with the fenian H*** in the streets around the stadium, buckie bottles getting rattled of heads and stuff, told the mrs and now she's saying I've not to go on Sunday.  :lol:

5 minutes ago, GT66 said:

That he didn't score in. 

To some on here, judging by the overreaction to Morelos playing poor one game, that means he's off form in the league.

He never scored in it but from what I remember he played quite well.

Whoever plays we have to press hard from start to finish. Apply pressure and there's a good chance they'll crack. Sitting back and letting them play would be asking for trouble.

With our fair share of luck and decent refereeing I can see us winning this (not felt that way for years) but I think a lot will depend on which Windass turns up on the day. We can't afford passengers in this one.

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

He never scored in it but from what I remember he played quite well.

I just don't think it's worth the risk changing the team.

Didn't see the interview but supposedly Cummings said he was starting to cramp after Falkirk game, so not fully fit yet either.

Hope Murtys quicker with the subs though if things do need changed

2 minutes ago, GT66 said:

I just don't think it's worth the risk changing the team.

Didn't see the interview but supposedly Cummings said he was starting to cramp after Falkirk game, so not fully fit yet either.

Hope Murtys quicker with the subs though if things do need changed

I wouldn’t change it either tbh

2 minutes ago, sairheid_bear said:

Whoever plays we have to press hard from start to finish. Apply pressure and there's a good chance they'll crack. Sitting back and letting them play would be asking for trouble.

With our fair share of luck and decent refereeing I can see us winning this (not felt that way for years) but I think a lot will depend on which Windass turns up on the day. We can't afford passengers in this one.

True. The only reason they had such a long run was because teams sat off them.

Even Zenit in the first leg sat way too deep, trying to keep a low score, which made them look better than they are.

Don't think we need luck, just everyone on their game.

At our best we won't have a problem beating them.

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

That kind of attitude needs to stop, honestly find it mental the amount of people who think we're going to batter them

"With our fair share of luck and decent refereeing I can see us winning this"

Yeah I'm really losing the plot...

I can see the argument for starting Cummings before Windass. You need 11 on the park prepared to get on top of them and laugh off the inevitable hard challenges and demand the ball at all times. But then again after that challenge on Docherty at the weekend Windass was the first one to go after the ball and booted their player so he does have a little bit of fight. 

Cummings would give you that over Windass but Cummings isn’t as quick or as strong as Windass and from that position the timing of runs are key, not to mention he’s played there for months, Cummings has never.  

Then again I’d rather Cummings off the bench than Windass because I feel like he’d be able to change a game more than Windass because it’s 50/50 whether he’s up for it or not. 

It’s an incredibly tough call for Murty and I’d pray he’s constantly in Windass head this week telling him to get right up for this. 

Just now, KingKennyMiller said:

Not enjoying this over-confidence that's sweeping through our ranks.

The Rangers I grew up with kept their mouths shut and did their talking on the park.

I've got this horrible feeling that we're setting ourselves up for a massive fall.

Dont think you've ever been right about anything tbf.

Just now, KingKennyMiller said:

The Rangers I grew up with kept their mouths shut and did their talking on the park.

I've got this horrible feeling that we're setting ourselves up for a massive fall.

Another laughable post to pin on your wall of shite. 

4 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Reekin

Archived