Steve Clarke Proved he is a Contender For the Rangers Job - TRO

Lloyd

Not for me. 

This is the first time he’s actually been successful as a manager, the other two jobs were poor in comparison and it’s only been 5 months. 

lennon is challenging for 3rd with a team who were just promoted, with a low budget as well, do we consider him as well? 

2 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We are not going to get someone with a proven track record of winning trophies. Well not under this board anyway.  We have to be realistic in the caliber of manager we can attract at the moment.

Most managers with that kind of record are getting snapped up by teams down south.

We did have the chance with michael preudhomme 8 trophies with 5 different clubs. He stated he was interested and our board went with after mcinnes instead.

Brenda didn't have a trophy winning record yet look where he is now. 

I've never bought into this proven record of winning trophies. Pedro was hired having won trophies with Santos Laguna and look how well that went.

It's just my opinion but I think Clarke can do well with us and give us a better chance of doing 55. Any manager is a gamble but when your seeing one getting results in our league with fewer resources we should be at least looking. Seeing Alex Rae now out saying the same

The point about trophy winning managers being snapped up by teams elsewhere on big money and being few and far between is fair enough,  I accept that mate.

There is a man sitting at home with his feet up though who fits exactly the caliber of manager and man we need.  We should be at least asking him the question .

16 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Not for me. 

This is the first time he’s actually been successful as a manager, the other two jobs were poor in comparison and it’s only been 5 months. 

lennon is challenging for 3rd with a team who were just promoted, with a low budget as well, do we consider him as well? 

It's been an outstanding 5 months but. He's been in charge the same time as Murty and with a weaker squad has won more points. He's been up against the old firm 4 x times and taken 10 points. No other manager in the league can say that.

Clarke should be on the shortlist.

Who else would you go for?

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

The point about trophy winning managers being snapped up by teams elsewhere on big money and being few and far between is fair enough,  I accept that mate.

There is a man sitting at home with his feet up though who fits exactly the caliber of manager and man we need.  We should be at least asking him the question .

I agree nothing wrong with asking the question.

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It's been an outstanding 5 months but. He's been in charge the same time as Murty and with a weaker squad has won more points. He's been up against the old firm 4 x times and taken 10 points. No other manager in the league can say that.

Clarke should be on the shortlist.

Who else would you go for?

Neil Warnock, Redknapp and Mark Hughes are the 3 I would go for. 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Neil Warnock, Redknapp and Mark Hughes are the 3 I would go for. 

Warnock would be a great shout. I can't see us getting him with how well he is doing at Cardiff.  They look to be heading up into the premiership next season. But he did come out with some great comments today about us.

I think the issue is with managers like this is they will be looking for big wages to justify coming up north and a big transfer budget to implement their approach. I don't believe our board have the funds to provide either.

If Mark Allen does not have his shortlist drawn up by now, he is failing.

Is Clarke on the shortlist? No idea, but I guess we should avoiding this mindset of chasing managers who are flavour of the month. On the other hand, managers with good multi-club CVs must be even harder to find.

The guy has a record second to none in the league we want to win, and he's doing it at fucking Killie.

It seems certain fans on here want to hand them the next 2 titles also,   He ticks just about every box for us yet some go on about him supporting KILLIE/celtic ? 

If the board have any ambition of stopping the tarriers then he should be on the short list. 

3 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

If Mark Allen does not have his shortlist drawn up by now, he is failing.

Is Clarke on the shortlist? No idea, but I guess we should avoiding this mindset of chasing managers who are flavour of the month. On the other hand, managers with good multi-club CVs must be even harder to find.

Flavour off the month,  he took over when they were bottom and going nowhere , and he has already got them a top 6  finish,  he has played the old firm 5 times and he has still to lose a game. Some flavour of the month 

6 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Flavour off the month,  he took over when they were bottom and going nowhere , and he has already got them a top 6  finish,  he has played the old firm 5 times and he has still to lose a game. Some flavour of the month 

Flavour of the Month as opposed to good multi-club CV was my contrast and compare.

1 minute ago, Shuggy said:

Flavour of the Month as opposed to good multi-club CV was my contrast and compare.

To be honest I was shocked when WBA sacked him as he done a great job keeping them up, and when he turned up at Killie I thought what the fuck?  

I would get him installed now to see out this season and try and do them in the cup, that way he can assess who stays and who goes in the summer and give us more a chance next season 

2 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

To be honest I was shocked when WBA sacked him as he done a great job keeping them up, and when he turned up at Killie I thought what the fuck?  

I would get him installed now to see out this season and try and do them in the cup, that way he can assess who stays and who goes in the summer and give us more a chance next season

What like we did with Caixinha?

He came in when he did for that exact reason and even though it was clear he was a diddy he never recovered from the results he overseen before he even signed one player himself.

Clarke would be the exact same if they were to beat us at their dump to win the league (which is apparently a possibility based on the post split fixtures) and he got dumped out the cup by them too.

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

I posted somewhere that I like the look of him, but then wondered if this was just some knee-jerk reaction to his team beating ours. McInnes looked more attractive but their sequence of 2nd places is down to Rangers not fully back to what they were. Then there was Tommy Wright and his good run of placings, but when he bombed this season, was that a knee-jerk rejection or should we place more emphasis on what he did in the past?

But if Clarke did take the job, I would not complain for sure. I think managers who have had experience in the EPL should be seriously considered. We can obviously afford them in Killie can.

1 minute ago, Shuggy said:

In fairness he's done well at West Brom and Reading. West Brom he led to a club record of league wins. Reading he took to a 1st fa cup semi-final in 88 years. There have been struggles the next season but seems to be the norm down in England.

What's more important is what he's done here. In 5 months he's completely turned Killie round. His record vs old firm is impressive. 10 points from 4 x games.

If our board isn't looking at him there's something wrong. Other names being mentioned will likely want big wages to come to scotland. Clarke is alreay here and I don't imagine he'll be on big wages at Killie.

9 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

In fairness he's done well at West Brom and Reading. West Brom he led to a club record of league wins. Reading he took to a 1st fa cup semi-final in 88 years. There have been struggles the next season but seems to be the norm down in England.

What's more important is what he's done here. In 5 months he's completely turned Killie round. His record vs old firm is impressive. 10 points from 4 x games.

If our board isn't looking at him there's something wrong. Other names being mentioned will likely want big wages to come to scotland. Clarke is alreay here and I don't imagine he'll be on big wages at Killie.

Yup, fair enough. So what are the odds the Killie board is trying to slap a £1M release clause into his contract? If he has any ambition, he will tell them to take a hike.

Nae chance he'll come to us, apart from the fact more chance of him going east side, he'll know the expectations and no chance he's going to walk into it, he'll have been well warned. If weren't in the position we are in he wouldn't even have been mentioned, not for me for obvious reasons and he ain't that good, found his level possibly! 

16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

What like we did with Caixinha?

He came in when he did for that exact reason and even though it was clear he was a diddy he never recovered from the results he overseen before he even signed one player himself.

Clarke would be the exact same if they were to beat us at their dump to win the league (which is apparently a possibility based on the post split fixtures) and he got dumped out the cup by them too.

I would never have appointed Pedro in the first place, and secondly he would have been sacked after the celtic 1-5 game last season or the decision would have been made to let him go at the end of the season,.

Comparing Pedro to Murty is laughable never mind comparing him to Clarke. 

I blame the board for getting an unknown like Pedro and to rub salt in the wounds the paid £400k for him. 

We need to start rebuilding for next season now not in July.

And as for Pedro? I said on here we would be looking for a new manager by Christmas before a ball was kicked last season but all I got was it's not his team bullshit.. The cunt could manage PSG in our league and still never win it. 

18 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

11 points in 5 games.  He has beat us twice drew 1 and beat them 1 and drew 1.  

It staring us in the bloody face ,  The board should at least ask Killie to speak with him and ask him would he would be interested in managing Glasgow Rangers? The board should have went for him in the first place and not that useless cunt McInness 

8 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

I would never have appointed Pedro in the first place, and secondly he would have been sacked after the celtic 1-5 game last season or the decision would have been made to let him go at the end of the season,.

Comparing Pedro to Murty is laughable never mind comparing him to Clarke. 

I blame the board for getting an unknown like Pedro and to rub salt in the wounds the paid £400k for him. 

We need to start rebuilding for next season now not in July.

And as for Pedro? I said on here we would be looking for a new manager by Christmas before a ball was kicked last season but all I got was it's not his team bullshit.. The cunt could manage PSG in our league and still never win it. 

So did I. I always said he would be a flop and would be out of a job within months but I wasn’t comparing their ability as managers I was comparing the circumstances that Caixinha was put into the job in and the fact that  you want us to appoint Clarke in almost the exact same circumstances.

Regardless of his reputation if Clarke came in now, handed them the league title at their own midden and got put out the cup by them too he’s immediately facing an uphill battle to win the support over, just like Caixinha was after he got turned over by them twice in quick succession.

6 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Nae chance he'll come to us, apart from the fact more chance of him going east side, he'll know the expectations and no chance he's going to walk into it, he'll have been well warned. If weren't in the position we are in he wouldn't even have been mentioned, not for me for obvious reasons and he ain't that good, found his level possibly! 

If we were not in this position then we would not need a manager.  And as for the beasts I don't see them looking for a manager.  So your saying we should not even ask him and when Brenda leaves make it easier for them to replace him and with a better bloody manager at that.  

Makes sense if you want to hand them 8,9 then 10, We can only ask and try and beat them to the punch for once 

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

So did I. I always said he would be a flop and would be out of a job within months but I wasn’t comparing their ability as managers I was comparing the circumstances that Caixinha was put into the job in and the fact that  you want us to appoint Clarke in the exact same circumstances.

Regardless of his reputation if Clarke came in now, handed them the league title at their own midden and got put out the cup by them too he’s immediately facing an uphill battle to win the support over, just like Caixinha was after he got turned over by them twice in quick succession.

Why ?it's expected they will beat us both games and anything out them would be a bonus.  Unlike Pedro, he knows our league and has done so good since he arrived at Killie that he should be up for manager of the year.   

4 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Why ?it's expected they will beat us both games and anything out them would be a bonus.  Unlike Pedro, he knows our league and has done so good since he arrived at Killie that he should be up for manager of the year.   

I would go for him now and see if he's interested. If he comes in now and wins both games. He builds a great platform to kick on from the start of next season.